*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1056669#msg1056669
« Reply #744 on: April 03, 2013, 08:36:17 am »
With the addition of Dry Spell/Desiccation, and the changes to Thunderstorm/Lightning Storm and some experimental deck playing... there are 2 minor things I would like to see changed: The number of cards that effect Cloak dropped (less likely), and [/i]Gnome Rider/Gnome Gemfinder[/i] increased to the stats of 1/3.

Kind of random, but I felt appropriate for specific theme and mechanical reasons.
You did not provide your reasoning.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Jyiber

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1056747#msg1056747
« Reply #745 on: April 03, 2013, 06:31:23 pm »
With the addition of Dry Spell/Desiccation, and the changes to Thunderstorm/Lightning Storm and some experimental deck playing... there are 2 minor things I would like to see changed: The number of cards that effect Cloak dropped (less likely), and [/i]Gnome Rider/Gnome Gemfinder[/i] increased to the stats of 1/3.

Kind of random, but I felt appropriate for specific theme and mechanical reasons.

Well, on a smaller scale of importance, the theme balance between air and earth had Gnome Riders at a slight advantage concerning CC durability. Gnome Riders are a  :earth staple in most Mono-Earth decks and some Earth based-Rainbow decks, leaving me at the belief the new 2 damage Thunderstorm gives a cross theme advantage.

As for my Cloak thoughts, prior to the update I thought of Cloak as almost useless. This is considering the popularity of AoE cards in PVP and high levels of PC. The number of counters to Cloak grow, while the uses for it remain unconventional and far between. I've always felt that Cloak needed an additional reason to use it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:19:17 pm by Jyiber »
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1056908#msg1056908
« Reply #746 on: April 04, 2013, 11:40:12 am »

Well, on a smaller scale of importance, the theme balance between air and earth had Gnome Riders at a slight advantage concerning CC durability. Gnome Riders are a  :earth staple in most Mono-Earth decks and some Earth based-Rainbow decks, leaving me at the belief the new 2 damage Thunderstorm gives a cross theme advantage.

As for my Cloak thoughts, prior to the update I thought of Cloak as almost useless. This is considering the popularity of AoE cards in PVP and high levels of PC. The number of counters to Cloak grow, while the uses for it remain unconventional and far between. I've always felt that Cloak needed an additional reason to use it.
1) You are referring to the theme that Earth creatures have more hp in general than Air creatures. Hence Damselfly dies to Drying Spell (unupped) but Gnome Rider survives. If you want the stronger claim that Gnome rider should be able to survive 1 use of Air CC then it would need to increase to 5hp since Shockwave does 4 damage. Earth currently has an hp advantage over Air but I do not see reason to increase the magnitude of the advantage to the point that Gnome Rider survives 1 use of Air CC. Especially since all thematically justified advantages must be paid for with disadvantages/higher costs.

2) I did not find Cloak weak before the update. The number of cards grows and thus the number of counters to Cloak must grow or Cloak must receive a nerf.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Jyiber

Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1057665#msg1057665
« Reply #747 on: April 06, 2013, 05:34:22 pm »
Well, I did start with something along the lines of this being random and unimportant...
Both thought are arguable points that have insignificant effects on the game as a whole, regardless.
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1058034#msg1058034
« Reply #748 on: April 07, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »
Well, I did start with something along the lines of this being random and unimportant...
Both thought are arguable points that have insignificant effects on the game as a whole, regardless.
It was a chance for me to learn more about the views of the other players. I thank you.

Offline Jyiber

Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1058367#msg1058367
« Reply #749 on: April 09, 2013, 03:08:44 am »
It was a chance for me to learn more about the views of the other players. I thank you.
My views are pretty elaborate, but thank you for the non-negative opinion of them.

Offline Sqantic Pilau

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Sqantic Pilau is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Old and hairy - kind o' scary.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1069078#msg1069078
« Reply #750 on: May 11, 2013, 02:21:10 am »
2) I did not find Cloak weak before the update. The number of cards grows and thus the number of counters to Cloak must grow or Cloak must receive a nerf.

I totally agree that cloak was not weak before the update.
However , I must take issue with your second sentence.
To be clear, I question only your logic not your conclusion.
Dry spell is a counter to Cloak alone  (amongst permanents), your second sentence implys that all other perms should be nerfed !
I'm sure you had no intent to make such an implication.
By eck it's reet gradley, it's a proper Sqantic that is, I tells thee.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1069269#msg1069269
« Reply #751 on: May 11, 2013, 04:43:38 pm »

I totally agree that cloak was not weak before the update.
However , I must take issue with your second sentence.
To be clear, I question only your logic not your conclusion.
Dry spell is a counter to Cloak alone  (amongst permanents), your second sentence implys that all other perms should be nerfed !
I'm sure you had no intent to make such an implication.
I am sorry for the inference.
1) My comment never mentions the time scale involved.
2) The number of counters to cloak are greater than the number of counters to permanents in general. Thus counters to cloak should be added more often than counters to permanents in general.
However if the card pool continues to increase and no more PC is added then permanents should be nerfed. (again note I did not mention the time scale)

Offline Brontos

• Brontos hides under a Cloak.
  • Reading your posts
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1069869#msg1069869
« Reply #752 on: May 13, 2013, 11:49:31 am »
Well... as long as the size of decks stays the same I don't see how that can be a valid argument. Regardless of the potential PC I can add to my deck, I will never play too much of them as I need to match other criterias for my deck (CC, win condition, etc...). Even if tomorrow 200 new permanents are added to the game, I don't see myself putting more than a few selected cards to be my permanent solutions. Some of them are already awesome like Pulv, Sofo or Steal.

Second to that, Cloak already exists. I already know that potentially my opponent will be playing a deck with 30-60 permanents, 6 cloaks included. Still, I don't see that many decks playing more than 3/5 cards to deal with permanents, SoFo excluded.

I understand that as the Ideas Guru you have to see the card pool as a whole, but about this very specific point, I don't follow you. :)
-brontos

Offline Tarutao

• Tarutao is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1083397#msg1083397
« Reply #753 on: June 28, 2013, 12:02:29 pm »
A big thumbs-up for the little graphical changes with 1.322!  That shine on a drawn card is a nice touch.

Offline Silux

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Silux is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • being here since v1.16
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1086001#msg1086001
« Reply #754 on: July 10, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »
In Elements each card influence the whole system, so changes in metagame will appear in a month or so.
Salvagers indeed weaken further Fate Egg and each other effect involving random creatures.
Thunderstorms and desiccation make even more dangerous the life of little critters like deja-vu, squids, cats, eggs, skeletons, fireflies, photons, newbie lycanthropes...

Offline Beleric

• Beleric is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1087146#msg1087146
« Reply #755 on: July 15, 2013, 05:24:35 pm »
Salvagers indeed weaken further Fate Egg and each other effect involving random creatures.

Forgive my ignorance as I am quite fresh...I was just wondering how Salvagers weaken Fate Eggs?

Thanks!

anything
blarg: