*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline deidmann

• Reputation Power: 2
  • deidmann is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028416#msg1028416
« Reply #540 on: January 04, 2013, 04:32:49 pm »
Nooo, don't let Elements go back to monotonous. The shards are like the "trump card" for every element. Removing the gimmicks would make them generic.

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028418#msg1028418
« Reply #541 on: January 04, 2013, 04:43:17 pm »
Actually, I never liked making the shard to 12 elements series. Original 3(2? :P) shards were perfect.
If we really need those cards, there should be the other general(not trump) series not shards.
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

Offline deidmann

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028436#msg1028436
« Reply #542 on: January 04, 2013, 05:31:06 pm »
Actually, I never liked making the shard to 12 elements series. Original 3(2? :P) shards were perfect.
If we really need those cards, there should be the other general(not trump) series not shards.

The shards help the game evolve, do they not?

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028480#msg1028480
« Reply #543 on: January 04, 2013, 08:21:09 pm »
In fact, SoG used to cost 2 generic quanta. A common start of T50 decks (those that didnt put farms on) was QT, QT, SoG, SoG, Sog. Then was nerfed to 3. But a great part of the abuse was due to the generic quanta cost. As Life card, it will limit the use of other Life cards, and cant possibly be put into play so quickly using QT. A cost of 3 :life would probably do it. CCYB bad? Lol? It was a fun deck, which was not broken (never got a really high win ratio, by the way).

Just.. I want to see the shards removed its elemental-love mechanics.
I mean, they are in-elements now, do we really need that parts?

My sugg:

:entropy first one can be any element, not only entropy.
:death up up up the cost(at least 3 to protect against abusing it from just a mark), and also remove death quanta.
:gravity cost up and remove giving BH. Additionally make it just remove 2 perms if without damages.
:earth I want completely different one. Current one should be an :other shard.
:life make it heals 5 to any mark with cost increase to 5|4. (donno, but original SoG was OP as hell(3 quanta for 5 healing).)
:fire make it 2 cards regardless of the mark.
:water remove the HP buff and relation with flooding.
:air cost increase, <remove evading effect>or<provide evading for any airbornes>
:light +20 max HP and +20 current HP for any mark.
:darkness -3 max HP AND -3 current HP. make it deals damage at the same time.
:time make skill cost zero. No ability recharge for any creature.
:aether target creature gain +2|+0 and now deals spell damage. Cannot target immaterials. Cost decrease to 2|1(like Momentum).

I agree a lot with you, choongmyoung. I would like to see the side effects of the shards based on elements removed.

3 :death for Shard of Sacrifice looks ok, should remove all quanta.

About SoFo, loved the suggestion of giving it 2 PC instead of 3. I also think about remove the BH, but didnt get a good option to limit use. Hmmm, maybe something like that: starts as 0/10, each time skill is used it gets +6/-6. So its almost impossible to eliminate it before 1 use, it would give you 1 PC most times. Then it would be 6/4, giving you some damage (according to opponent shield, however, in this case wouldnt be bad let it have momentum).  Then you can keep it as 6/4 (with momentum?) creature, or use for a 2nd PC and have it attacking a last time for 12/0. Its on purpose I suggested 10 HP and -6 (not -5), so it cant have one more charge just by using a Momentum. Of course, a Blessing can be used, etc... But at least requiring more cards and from another elements. Having 1 card destroying 3 for free, and still a BH is too much.

Agreed about  :earth having another shard. Maybe something that can protect your cards, instead of those Salvagers.

About Readiness, I would really like the "ready" effect doable by every creature. Once per turn is good enough. Otherwise the card would be a waste, not really adding to the game.

Same goes with aether shard. The version you have suggested is UP for a shard, could be a normal card.

deidmann, if all the effort put on shards creation was put in creating normal cards, I imagine the game would be much more interesting now. I really doubt shards helped the game evolution.

Offline deidmann

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028484#msg1028484
« Reply #544 on: January 04, 2013, 08:37:17 pm »
So, let's not throw away that effort and ...make the shards and their effects two different series of cards.
That should work, right?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028492#msg1028492
« Reply #545 on: January 04, 2013, 08:54:17 pm »
So, let's not throw away that effort and ...make the shards and their effects two different series of cards.
That should work, right?
Are you willing to wait (likely) another year for that? I. Wouldn't mind terribly, but doing that seems like a lot of trouble when it should be solved now rather than later.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline deidmann

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028498#msg1028498
« Reply #546 on: January 04, 2013, 09:05:44 pm »
That should work, right?
Are you willing to wait (likely) another year for that? I. Wouldn't mind terribly, but doing that seems like a lot of trouble when it should be solved now rather than later.

Another year? Oh my, I didn't know making cards takes that long.
... How long does it take for 1 card to be considered, thought about for an effect, get art for it, and program it hope fully bug-free, anyways?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028505#msg1028505
« Reply #547 on: January 04, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »
That should work, right?

... How long does it take for 1 card to be considered, thought about for an effect, get art for it, and program it hope fully bug-free, anyways?
Ask if Zanz has plans for another patch in the next year. And you say 1 card, but are referring to making 12 new effects, to be balanced and added. It may or may not take long for 1, but 12..
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028509#msg1028509
« Reply #548 on: January 04, 2013, 09:21:49 pm »
That should work, right?

Theres no exact say on how long it takes for a card to be added (It's mostly on Zanz's whims) but, for example, the soon to be added Dry Spell was designed in August of 2011
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline hainkarga

• Reputation Power: 25
  • hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028540#msg1028540
« Reply #549 on: January 04, 2013, 10:51:29 pm »
Love the graviton guard buff. It is now possible to make solid rushy mono-gravity decks. Guard is going to become one of the fractal-worthy creatures and changes should also help team gravity in war. The high hp (beating shockwave, lightning, rage potion) and low quanta cost make it on par with charger.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 745 747 747 747 747 747 747 74a 74a 74a 74a 74c 74i 74i 74i 74i 74i 8pl
Meritocratic Technocracy

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028558#msg1028558
« Reply #550 on: January 04, 2013, 11:31:33 pm »
Zanz, for the graviton Mercenary/guard buff, all my loves. It's always been my favorite card even if it was super weak.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline sk1ll3t

• Reputation Power: 1
  • sk1ll3t is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Love is the way....
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1028562#msg1028562
« Reply #551 on: January 04, 2013, 11:55:26 pm »
This should be nice  :-[ :-[ I can't wait

blarg: