*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline deidmann

• Reputation Power: 2
  • deidmann is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027382#msg1027382
« Reply #444 on: January 01, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »
Not gonna try to start a quote pyramid, but yea. I can't find a discussion here.
How is Shard of Void doing? Out of all the shards, that one seems a little niche. I can't think of a use for it outside of specialized decks.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027415#msg1027415
« Reply #445 on: January 01, 2013, 08:17:59 pm »
Wouldn't be awesome if SoV damages Max HP with a percentage of HP damaged during that turn (in addition of its normal effect)?
Example: this turn i'm dealing 20 damage point. I have 1 SoV, 25% of the total damage is also delivered to MaxHP, so 5 MaxHP less.

Not sure if the damages should be converted into MaxHP damage or duplicated into MaxHP damage.

Offline deidmann

• Reputation Power: 2
  • deidmann is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027418#msg1027418
« Reply #446 on: January 01, 2013, 08:27:03 pm »
Wouldn't be awesome if SoV damages Max HP with a percentage of HP damaged during that turn (in addition of its normal effect)?
Example: this turn i'm dealing 20 damage point. I have 1 SoV, 25% of the total damage is also delivered to MaxHP, so 5 MaxHP less.

Not sure if the damages should be converted into MaxHP damage or duplicated into MaxHP damage.

I like this idea. I'm thinking of putting a cap to stacks SoV where the percent dissapears once said cap is met, restoring SoV to doing -2/3 max HP. Something like:
1 Sov = -2/3 max hp damage + 25% of turn damage done once.
2 SoV = -2/3 max hp damage +13% of turn damage done twice.

And so on. Diminishing returns for more stacks. I can only imagine.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027439#msg1027439
« Reply #447 on: January 01, 2013, 09:36:19 pm »
Spoiler for Unupped Stats:
Shard of Focus   489
Shard of Readiness   267
Shard of Gratitude   229
Shard of Divinity   222
Shard of Serendipity   202
Shard of Wisdom   124
Shard of Bravery   89
Shard of Freedom   87
Shard of Sacrifice   73
Shard of Void   69
Shard of Patience   66
Shard of Integrity   40

Spoiler for Upped Stats:
Shard of Serendipity (U)   2622
Shard of Focus (U)   1298
Shard of Divinity(U)   1162
Shard of Readiness(U)   1090
Shard of Gratitude(U)   1070
Shard of Sacrifice (U)   1050

Shard of Bravery (U)   330
Shard of Wisdom (U)   288
Shard of Freedom (U)   197
Shard of Patience (U)   118
Shard of Void (U)   104
Shard of Integrity (U)   81

Patience, Void and Integrity are clearly the least used.

We also see that SoW isn't used much as of now, in comparison to other shards (expecially Divinity and Gratitude). We can then understand that the +4/+0 +spell bonus to immortals isn't that much of a big deal.

Now. Is a +4/+0 bonus, when a +3/+3 one existed all along, that much of a big deal?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027578#msg1027578
« Reply #448 on: January 02, 2013, 07:21:55 am »
Not gonna try to start a quote pyramid, but yea. I can't find a discussion here.
How is Shard of Void doing? Out of all the shards, that one seems a little niche. I can't think of a use for it outside of specialized decks.
Actually, I recently saw a rather creative deck using SoV's in PVP2. It was pretty solidly built, too (I lost).
Hey there

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027616#msg1027616
« Reply #449 on: January 02, 2013, 10:43:03 am »
Shard of Focus   489
Shard of Readiness   267
Shard of Gratitude   229
Shard of Divinity   222
Shard of Wisdom   124
Shard of Bravery   89
Shard of Freedom   87
Shard of Sacrifice   73
Shard of Void   69
Shard of Patience   66
Shard of Integrity   40

Spoiler for Upped Stats:

Shard of Void (U)   104

We also see that SoW isn't used much as of now, in comparison to other shards (expecially Divinity and Gratitude). We can then understand that the +4/+0 +spell bonus to immortals isn't that much of a big deal.

Now. Is a +4/+0 bonus, when a +3/+3 one existed all along, that much of a big deal?

Integrity is less used very likely due to the fact that many people are missing all the shards to make good use of it. It requires ~20 shards to be competitive, which is kind of a lot of rares for less experienced players...
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027660#msg1027660
« Reply #450 on: January 02, 2013, 04:18:18 pm »
Shard of Focus   489
Shard of Readiness   267
Shard of Gratitude   229
Shard of Divinity   222
Shard of Wisdom   124
Shard of Bravery   89
Shard of Freedom   87
Shard of Sacrifice   73
Shard of Void   69
Shard of Patience   66
Shard of Integrity   40

Spoiler for Upped Stats:

Shard of Void (U)   104

Please do not make the arument that because a card is not as commonly used that a card is UP.  Usage is related to power but higher usage does not necessarily mean higher power.  If (rainbow) SoFo was suddenly not used at all it would still retain its power.  SoSe's higher usage than SoFo does not make it more powerful.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027661#msg1027661
« Reply #451 on: January 02, 2013, 04:35:56 pm »
Usage is related to power but higher usage does not necessarily mean higher power.  If (rainbow) SoFo was suddenly not used at all it would still retain its power.  SoSe's higher usage than SoFo does not make it more powerful.

Although this is true, it is a good indicator. If 1 card is used a lot more than another, we must ask ourselves why. Is it because card A is too powerful? OR could it be that card B is not powerful enough. The other interesting thing we have to deal with is the concept that shards are rare. All that really needs to happen for 1 rare card to be used more than another is for it to have a spike for a couple days of usage in arena/pvp. Then, after that, the player base will be more saturated with that card than other rare cards. This could also be the reason.

How I prefer to use this data is like so....

If a card is underused, I tend to think it is underpowered. Its generally the only real reason. The only other reason is that it doesnt have any combos that synergize with it, or has few combos that do. Then more cards would be the answer. Generally, this isnt the case though.
If a card is overused, I first check to see if it fulfills a specific niche. Supernova is a good example of a niche card. Not many other cards can do what it does. If the card is a niche card, then perhaps its time to give players some variety. That doesnt mean nerfing the card, it just means giving more alternatives through card creation.
If the card is not a niche card, and is something like a dragon, I take a look at the element. Is there a reason that this element is using its dragon more than others? For example, if Ruby dragon was used more, I would look at cremation and understand. If the time dragon was used more, Id look at instosis and understand.
I would decide it would need nerfing if (keeping on the subject of dragons) the water dragon was used the most. Water doesnt have any deck/combo/quanta generation that makes its dragon particularly stand out. If this card was overused, it would simply be because of it having blatantly overpowered stats, so it would be worth the investment to stick in a good percentage of decks.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027663#msg1027663
« Reply #452 on: January 02, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »
I personally think SoSe is very used mostly because it's fun.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline shileka

• Reputation Power: 5
  • shileka is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • you're wasting 5 seconds reading this
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027682#msg1027682
« Reply #453 on: January 02, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »
I personally think SoSe is very used mostly because it's fun.

thats the only reason i use sose
http://webchat.ext3.net:9090/#  ignore the link, it's so i can find the chatroom lol chat #elementsthegame tournaments  #etgtournaments
[insert quote here]

Offline zanzarinoTopic starter

• Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 496
  • zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027830#msg1027830
« Reply #454 on: January 03, 2013, 12:18:56 am »
The salvagers are now in the trainer.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1027831#msg1027831
« Reply #455 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:12 am »
The salvagers are now in the trainer.
A good way to start the year.

Quicklink for everyone:
http://elementsthegame.com/trainer

blarg: