*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline shileka

• Reputation Power: 5
  • shileka is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • you're wasting 5 seconds reading this
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026179#msg1026179
« Reply #396 on: December 27, 2012, 09:07:39 pm »
Wait, since Shard of Readiness is to be nerfed, does that mean Instosis doesn't work anymore? And when is 1.32 coming out?

there will be more than enough new combos within the month i can assure you, forum is full of geniusses who think up and post ingenius combo's, and in the meantime, pestal can get you some wins VS false gods, in my experience it has a winrate of roughly 50% (and i use a version with aether and darkness towers and not the superior version with pendulums)
http://webchat.ext3.net:9090/#  ignore the link, it's so i can find the chatroom lol chat #elementsthegame tournaments  #etgtournaments
[insert quote here]

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026255#msg1026255
« Reply #397 on: December 28, 2012, 05:29:53 am »
Wait, since Shard of Readiness is to be nerfed, does that mean Instosis doesn't work anymore? And when is 1.32 coming out?

there will be more than enough new combos within the month i can assure you, forum is full of geniusses who think up and post ingenius combo's, and in the meantime, pestal can get you some wins VS false gods, in my experience it has a winrate of roughly 50% (and i use a version with aether and darkness towers and not the superior version with pendulums)
Hmmm... I use supposedly 'superior' pendulum version Pestal101, and yet my winrate is lower than 50%. Maybe you are forgetting some losses?
Or maybe you just got lucky and need to try playing some more? For example, my shrieker rush has a 100% winrate vs FG's with a 1 game test.

Also, I have been thinking of a FFQ/hope with unupped FFQ (upped everything else) and I'm glad to know that 1.32 won't affect the SoFr in the deck.
Hey there

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026257#msg1026257
« Reply #398 on: December 28, 2012, 05:34:36 am »
my shrieker rush has a 100% winrate vs FG's with a 1 game test.
Which FG?

FFQ/Hope is buffed since 1.31, as one of my guides show. With SoFr, it's even stronger. (though, i'm not sure it could be used to farm FG)
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline shileka

• Reputation Power: 5
  • shileka is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • you're wasting 5 seconds reading this
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026284#msg1026284
« Reply #399 on: December 28, 2012, 07:35:13 am »

Hmmm... I use supposedly 'superior' pendulum version Pestal101, and yet my winrate is lower than 50%. Maybe you are forgetting some losses?
Or maybe you just got lucky and need to try playing some more? For example, my shrieker rush has a 100% winrate vs FG's with a 1 game test.

Also, I have been thinking of a FFQ/hope with unupped FFQ (upped everything else) and I'm glad to know that 1.32 won't affect the SoFr in the deck.

from what i hear the version with pends is beter, so i called it superior, and i'm not forgetting any losses i can assure you
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:07:50 pm by shileka »
http://webchat.ext3.net:9090/#  ignore the link, it's so i can find the chatroom lol chat #elementsthegame tournaments  #etgtournaments
[insert quote here]

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026351#msg1026351
« Reply #400 on: December 28, 2012, 03:08:00 pm »
"No new cards in development for months. Let me check it again..."

"Hmmmm, new cards. Salvaging? In Aether? Lol, crazy. Let me check the forum."

"Ahhhhhh, of course. Zanz is nerfing a vital card for the most used / efficient FG killer deck. Exactly like he just did in the last 10 patches. Why am I not surprised?"

Seriously? We will never be allowed to have and KEEP a good FG killer, will we? If its good vs FGs, it can be good in PvP. People start to cry about, instead of counter it. As a PvE player, I hate all this "f*ck the strong deck" thing. But Im ok with it, I care much less about this game than once cared. Specially after the shard invasion, worst idea ever (I miss those times with just SoG and SoD).

My 2 cents:

Shards changing to elements: most shards shouldnt have been created in my opinion. Im ok with that. But now I think they could become normal cards, not "rare". I also think we could change cards names and art to something element related, and forget once and for all shards have existed. Of course, Earth would need something new.

SoR: I suggest the change can be time creatures can use skill once for each SoR added. No limit of 2 each turn, but +1 for each SoR. Still able to create an OTKO, but much more difficult.

SoFo: Its cost will be down to 4 :gravity? I dislike it. Its still a breaking card, 3 PC for free, almost impossible to kill after the first use (in fact, most CC will just add one more charge to the PC effect), and a Black Hole, which negates quanta and heal you. How about keep it at 6 :gravity? Or add cost to the skill?

Dry Spell: really, it has some uses with Death. Cells + Dry Spell + Graveyard = Skeletons that can gain bonus from SoP, + water quanta to ice bolt? Or u can use another Dry Spell in your skeletons, and buff 2-3 Condors enough to a OT kill (if 2, you can use the ice bolts). Looks interesting. And for a sinergy that already has Chrysaora. I like it.

Graviton Salvager: like said, looks nothing Gravity needs. Maybe something to add to some anti-specific FG decks. Like suggested, I would prefer this skill added to Graviton Mercenary. Even better if it has a higher cost, wouldnt like this card being usabe by aether anyway.

Phase Salvager: 2nd worst idea ever. Enemy plays Phase Shield. You destroy it, to have it salvaged and with the counter reset? No, please. Also, 2 permanents are destroyed, which one is salvaged? Random?

Option to salvaging: By the way, if I was going to add permanent protection, would be like a great card idea I saw in the forge months (maybe years ago), and cant remember the name: you use its skill, it protects a permanent. You can use the skill again to protect another one, but just 1 can be protected at the same time. Perfect.

Art: I like the new vampire and chrysaora. Not sure about the shrieker. Are those rings around its head a sonic superpower or what? Is it screaming? Maybe if the sky was something less "friendly" I would like it more. I also dislike a lot the Phase Salvager new art. I prefer the temporary artwork. Now, can someone make a new art for that pathetic Bone Dragon, which is a plastic toy with blue thorns?

Offline deidmann

• Reputation Power: 2
  • deidmann is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026352#msg1026352
« Reply #401 on: December 28, 2012, 03:25:37 pm »
May I ask why shards are hated as they are? They are powerful, they make games easier to win, and you can use them. What's the problem?
Don't tell me we need cards that don't touch the effectiveness of elements. Instead, let's buff the "weak" ones so that everything stands a chance against anything. Otherwise, there will be neglect. If everything's broken, nothing is broken. Card games are luck. Not much can be done about that.
But what do I know. I don't play PvP, for reasons that would make anyone annoyed.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026354#msg1026354
« Reply #402 on: December 28, 2012, 03:34:09 pm »
If everything's broken, nothing is broken.

"If a player draws this card, he wins the game. It's okay, both players can draw it, so it's fair."
What a fun card game to play.

Offline deidmann

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026355#msg1026355
« Reply #403 on: December 28, 2012, 03:49:12 pm »

"If a player draws this card, he wins the game. It's okay, both players can draw it, so it's fair."
What a fun card game to play.

Luck is not always fair. Sometimes, loss is inevitable.
Not my fault if the generator screwed someone over. I have been a victim of that.
When's the last time you saw someone use Antlion instead of Graboid?
The main problem in this game is overshadowing. Because why use one card if there's a cheap, fast and reliable alternative to it?

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026357#msg1026357
« Reply #404 on: December 28, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »
Not my fault if the generator screwed someone over. I have been a victim of that.
The main problem in this game is overshadowing. Because why use one card if there's a cheap, fast and reliable alternative to it?
I do. Not having to use a time mark sometimes may be helpful. Also, easy to fractal. It has its niches.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline deidmann

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026361#msg1026361
« Reply #405 on: December 28, 2012, 04:01:51 pm »
I do. Not having to use a time mark sometimes may be helpful. Also, easy to fractal. It has its niches.

Great! It can be of use after all. Players can find their own strategies and combos.

Offline Amilir

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Amilir hides under a Cloak.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026363#msg1026363
« Reply #406 on: December 28, 2012, 04:11:37 pm »
That's one balancing philosophy. Elements, however, does not use it, and should not use it. It's high time shards were moved into specific elements. That IS the name of the game, not 'Shards' or 'Other'.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026365#msg1026365
« Reply #407 on: December 28, 2012, 04:29:08 pm »
May I ask why shards are hated as they are? They are powerful, they make games easier to win, and you can use them. What's the problem?
Don't tell me we need cards that don't touch the effectiveness of elements. Instead, let's buff the "weak" ones so that everything stands a chance against anything. Otherwise, there will be neglect. If everything's broken, nothing is broken. Card games are luck. Not much can be done about that.
But what do I know. I don't play PvP, for reasons that would make anyone annoyed.

Because this game is balanced around pvp. Not pve. Pve is against the AI, and although it makes it easier, and is fun to have overpowered cards against them, when you can bring that same card into pvp where things are suppose to be balanced, then people (understandably) dont like it.

Also, The problem is, not everything is broken. The everything's broken, nothing is broken only works if everything is equally broken, but everything is not equally broken. If you set one thing, such as shards, as the new "normal tier" then everything else becomes garbage tier, and therefor just hinders you if they are used. EVERYTHING would have to be broken for what you are saying to even be sort of feasible. As it stands, Elements is surprisingly balanced (not perfect, but done pretty well) and a few major outliers being out there are bad for the community as a whole.

Perhaps instead you mean though, that both people can use it. If card x is broken, its not broken because both players can use card x. The problem with this is that it then limits your deck choices. It essentially forces you to play that card if you want to be on equal grounds. This shouldnt be done because it completely destroys variety.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

blarg: