*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026111#msg1026111
« Reply #384 on: December 27, 2012, 04:07:15 pm »
Still, what is team water to do against team aether in war when it runs dimsields?

Chysora...
Ice Bolt....

There will be some elements that counter other elements. Thats not a bad thing, it just shows the importance of synergy.

Some things it has going for it...
Flooding will limit aether to just 5 creatures.
Permafrost Shield means theres just a 17% chance of all of the creatures getting through without being frozen. The 2 damage it reduces also essentialy means that only 4 creatures even attacked (and thats assuming you are using dragons which only do a minuscule 10 dmg each).
Even if didnt freeze anyone that turn, according to the law of probabilities you have  a 49 % chance a creature to  freeze them.

Lets say though, the opposing team was smart, and knew they were facing water. They put 5 psions in their deck. Well, they should also put 5 quints in to protect them. You have good CC. Ice bolt, and puffer fish can both dmg  them (albeit you would need :air mark to be able to run the inflate ability.) Thats also a 2 card combo which would take them several turns to not only get the 7 :aether for each psion (not even talking about dim shields aether cost), but would also take a long time to get the 10 required cards to get a full field. Then you get a grand total of 25 dmg output.
Aethers biggest drawback is that it is either slow and defensive, or fast and frail. Phase recluses are great for rushing, but against CC they fall too easily.

Now dont get me wrong, im not saying that water>aether, im just saying that it isnt nearly as hopeless as you are making it seem.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:29:57 pm by BluePriest »
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline ChickenMayBite

• Reputation Power: 1
  • ChickenMayBite is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026117#msg1026117
« Reply #385 on: December 27, 2012, 04:23:53 pm »
 :-\ I dont like the new water card, it'll probably be very used with maligant cell decks now and might become OP. The shards, however, may prove more useful to rainbow decks than before, seeing as how SoV, SoFr, etc. cost 1 quanta to use. SoFo will be less common, and I am excited. Instaghost will be patched, which kinda sucks but screw it, I'll find a new deck. The Shrieker art looks good (better than what I can draw :p) but I liked the old one a bit more. Overall, the update will be very interesting...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:42:06 pm by Higurashi »
I hear it's amazing when the purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026125#msg1026125
« Reply #386 on: December 27, 2012, 04:47:23 pm »
:-\ I dont like the new water card, it'll probably be very used with maligant cell decks now and might become OP.

Sorry bud, gonna have to disagree with you here. "Aflatoxin+Dessication" is a two-card combo that does nothing but generate water quanta. With water quanta, there isn't much unless you can do aside from Fractal+Dragon and Ice Lances. In that case, why did you even bother with the two Aflatoxins and all that Death quanta they required when you could just pack some Water Towers?

In what you suggest is the most overpowered scenario, Dessication is more underpowered than a zero-cost pillar. I'd like to think of its main use as CC, and while it may not be balanced it is certainly not overpowered.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:50:28 pm by Pineapple »

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026128#msg1026128
« Reply #387 on: December 27, 2012, 04:52:07 pm »
:-\ I dont like the new water card, it'll probably be very used with maligant cell decks now and might become OP. The shards, however, may prove more useful to rainbow decks than before, seeing as how SoV, SoFr, etc. cost 1 quanta to use. SoFo will be less common, and I am excited. Instaghost will be patched, which kinda sucks but screw it, I'll find a new deck. The Shrieker art looks good (better than what I can draw :p) but I liked the old one a bit more. Overall, the update will be very interesting...
What?Seriously, in the current form I don't see it even close to OP. I also expect a bigger nerf to SoSac, it's easily splashable atm, which makes it almost as OP as before, since it doesn't screw the mulligan anymore.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:43:49 pm by Higurashi »
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026137#msg1026137
« Reply #388 on: December 27, 2012, 06:10:42 pm »
:-\ I dont like the new water card, it'll probably be very used with maligant cell decks now and might become OP. The shards, however, may prove more useful to rainbow decks than before, seeing as how SoV, SoFr, etc. cost 1 quanta to use. SoFo will be less common, and I am excited. Instaghost will be patched, which kinda sucks but fuck it, I'll find a new deck. The Shrieker art looks good (better than what I can draw :p) but I liked the old one a bit more. Overall, the update will be very interesting...
What?Seriously, in the current form I don't see it even close to OP. I also expect a bigger nerf to SoSac, it's easily splashable atm, which makes it almost as OP as before, since it doesn't screw the mulligan anymore.
Forgetting death triggers? Still not OP until proofs saying I am wrong
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026138#msg1026138
« Reply #389 on: December 27, 2012, 06:24:02 pm »
Forgetting death triggers?

Death triggers with Dessication? That's a death/water duo or a OTKbow.
Unless you prove a deck that uses Dessication that can be at least used in competitive PvP and isn't just a OTKdeck that has the combo cards changed I'll agree that Dessication is good.

Still not OP until proofs saying I am wrong.

At what card was this directed?
If at SoSac then use some SoSac in a monodeath rush and see how you suddenly beat other rushes constantly.
If at Dessication then loooool.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline deidmann

• Reputation Power: 2
  • deidmann is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026149#msg1026149
« Reply #390 on: December 27, 2012, 07:01:21 pm »
Poor SoSac. Needing a nerf when removing all quanta sans death is annoying enough for me.
Now, I mentioned something about monos needing love before. How ironic.

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026160#msg1026160
« Reply #391 on: December 27, 2012, 07:33:54 pm »
I dont like the new water card, it'll probably be very used with maligant cell decks now and might become OP.

Heh. The problem is, it seems that currently the only useful strategy with it is only with Malignant Cells, and even then (like others said before me), calling it OP is quite a joke. It *could* help a bit with Fractal (upped) if everything goes perfect, but you certainly shouldn't rely on it.

Not to mention that even Thunderstorm is much more useful now..
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline Phaser

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Phaser is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • EtG is the game I've been playing longest ever...
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026164#msg1026164
« Reply #392 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:19 pm »
Wait, since Shard of Readiness is to be nerfed, does that mean Instosis doesn't work anymore? And when is 1.32 coming out?
Firestall FTW!

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026165#msg1026165
« Reply #393 on: December 27, 2012, 07:49:33 pm »
Wait, since Shard of Readiness is to be nerfed, does that mean Instosis doesn't work anymore? And when is 1.32 coming out?

Instosis can still be tweaked to an 8+1 card combo with 3 SoRs.
But yeah, it's pretty much dead.

Offline deidmann

• Reputation Power: 2
  • deidmann is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026167#msg1026167
« Reply #394 on: December 27, 2012, 08:09:01 pm »
For real games, anyway.
You could probably recreate a similar otk to Instosis in an observed laboratory - the trainer. But then, what can't you?
I'm sure these tweaks won't be in vain. Combo research, on the double!

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026171#msg1026171
« Reply #395 on: December 27, 2012, 08:24:32 pm »

A loophole in the nerf is that you replace one of the Shards with 2 Twin Universes, meaning you have different MitoDragons to use the rest of the SoR on.  Less reliable with the extra 6 :time and need for an extra card, but it still works.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

blarg: