*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026037#msg1026037
« Reply #372 on: December 27, 2012, 09:27:24 am »
When I talked about element completeness, I wasn't talking about the elements all being the same. I was trying to say that the elements should be able to deal with the same things. It is completely fine for water to not do everything, but it's not fine when all a mono water can do against a phase sheild is slam the space bar.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026040#msg1026040
« Reply #373 on: December 27, 2012, 09:41:31 am »
When I talked about element completeness, I wasn't talking about the elements all being the same. I was trying to say that the elements should be able to deal with the same things. It is completely fine for water to not do everything, but it's not fine when all a mono water can do against a phase sheild is slam the space bar.

Yes, but where's your justification for that? What's wrong with Ice Bolt? What's wrong with using a duo deck?

Offline shileka

• Reputation Power: 5
  • shileka is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • you're wasting 5 seconds reading this
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026042#msg1026042
« Reply #374 on: December 27, 2012, 09:48:46 am »

if all elements where able to deal with the same things then they would all have PC CC etc, then they would be the same, just difrent cards but with the same effect
http://webchat.ext3.net:9090/#  ignore the link, it's so i can find the chatroom lol chat #elementsthegame tournaments  #etgtournaments
[insert quote here]

Offline TheAccuso

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Maddecks
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026045#msg1026045
« Reply #375 on: December 27, 2012, 09:57:41 am »

if all elements where able to deal with the same things then they would all have PC CC etc, then they would be the same, just difrent cards but with the same effect
I think that you got to get the point of view of eaglgenes here.
The world isn't all white or black(talkin about absolutysm is easy and pointless), mostly is grey and in some cases(as mono water against a monoaether) is definitely one of this two extremes without any point of grey.
My Creations:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,41051.msg508466.html#msg508466
My nutella!   (n)                     |Collaboration>Competition|

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026049#msg1026049
« Reply #376 on: December 27, 2012, 10:12:21 am »
Different cards with the same effect is the basis for everything. Every single creature is just a different card with the same effect of doing damage. Every spell is a different card with the same effect of modifying something in the game.

Giving every element deflag isn't the answer. Giving every element steal isn't the answer. But that's why we have cards like Butterfly effect, pulverizer, hell even sofo. Different ways of dealing with the same thing. A specific monowater should be able to beat a specific mono aether.

Elements that are able to do everything aren't a bad thing. Its when elements are doing the same thing the same way over and over it's a bad thing.

You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline shileka

Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026051#msg1026051
« Reply #377 on: December 27, 2012, 10:29:04 am »
Different cards with the same effect is the basis for everything. Every single creature is just a different card with the same effect of doing damage. Every spell is a different card with the same effect of modifying something in the game.

Giving every element deflag isn't the answer. Giving every element steal isn't the answer. But that's why we have cards like Butterfly effect, pulverizer, hell even sofo. Different ways of dealing with the same thing. A specific monowater should be able to beat a specific mono aether.

Elements that are able to do everything aren't a bad thing. Its when elements are doing the same thing the same way over and over it's a bad thing.

you have a point, but i still think that not all elements should be able to do everything, that makes the game more intresting imo,  every element has it's strenghts and weaknesses and imo when every elements can do the same things in their own way then it gets a bit boring
http://webchat.ext3.net:9090/#  ignore the link, it's so i can find the chatroom lol chat #elementsthegame tournaments  #etgtournaments
[insert quote here]

Offline eaglgenes101

• eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026053#msg1026053
« Reply #378 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:18 am »
Still, what is team water to do against team aether in war when it runs dimsields?

Offline shileka

Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026059#msg1026059
« Reply #379 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:51 am »
Still, what is team water to do against team aether in war when it runs dimsields?

make a duo deck? team water isn't 100% restricted to water cards
[insert quote here]

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026060#msg1026060
« Reply #380 on: December 27, 2012, 10:59:46 am »
It usually runs Fire, Death and Darkness duos :p

Monowater can deal with it too, and quite well compared to other monos. Ice Shield, Ice Bolts and Chrysaora are all within mono, since you can have a Death mark and still be a mono. If you want a better example, pick Monotime. That's the hardest counter among any elemental opposites. Even Life and Gravity have a chance, but Monotime could only hope to deck out with SoG's, Dials and Turtle Shield. Disallowing Shards, it has no chance whatsoever. Same goes for Monoair without SoFree, except it's at least easier for that to rush and finish off with Shockwaves. Still extremely unlikely.

Regardless, we need more unique in-element cards for balance. I'm extremely happy the Shards are becoming in-element now. It's a step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:01:48 am by Higurashi »
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline shileka

Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026061#msg1026061
« Reply #381 on: December 27, 2012, 11:04:05 am »

Monowater can deal with it too, and quite well compared to other monos. Ice Shield, Ice Bolts and Chrysaora are all within mono, since you can have a Death mark and still be a mono. If you want a better example, pick Monotime. That's the hardest counter among any elemental opposites. Even Life and Gravity have a chance, but Monotime could only hope to deck out with SoG's, Dials and Turtle Shield. Disallowing Shards, it has no chance whatsoever. Same goes for Monoair without SoFree, except it's at least easier for that to rush and finish off with Shockwaves. Still extremely unlikely.

Regardless, we need more unique in-element cards for balance. I'm extremely happy the Shards are becoming in-element now. It's a step in the right direction.

i agree, some shards will finally be normalized, and the arena will be free of mono light decks with miracle and sosac or even worse, sosac decks with focus lol
[insert quote here]

Offline eaglgenes101

Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026063#msg1026063
« Reply #382 on: December 27, 2012, 11:07:53 am »

i agree, some shards will finally be normalized, and the arena will be free of mono light decks with miracle and sosac or even worse, sosac decks with focus lol
Nope, not exactly. Arena decks can easily be duos. But still.

Offline shileka

Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1026066#msg1026066
« Reply #383 on: December 27, 2012, 11:24:56 am »

Nope, not exactly. Arena decks can easily be duos. But still.

yes, but i meant those decks with absolutely no sign of gravity having focus, thats stupid isn't it? you just end up with dead cards in your hand
[insert quote here]

blarg: