*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025751#msg1025751
« Reply #360 on: December 26, 2012, 09:19:20 am »
bluepriest is right, no element is suposed to be "complete" and how could they? almost every card effect in elements can be explained in some way, a crusader is a knight, so it's logical that he can pick up a weapon and swing it, water creatures can breathe under water, so it's logical that they survive flooding, and to bring back the "fire should have healing" example, how are you suposed to explain healing wounds with an open flame? last time i checked you can only inflict wounds with fire

Just in defense of thematics, cauterization can be seen as a form of 'healing,' but only by burning away infected flesh.

However, you can't just go about completing Elements.  Because then there is no clear difference between them and destroys the purpose of even separating them.

But this is a separate conversation altogether.  This thread is just for the latest patch.

Offline shileka

• Reputation Power: 5
  • shileka is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • you're wasting 5 seconds reading this
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025752#msg1025752
« Reply #361 on: December 26, 2012, 09:23:38 am »
bluepriest is right, no element is suposed to be "complete" and how could they? almost every card effect in elements can be explained in some way, a crusader is a knight, so it's logical that he can pick up a weapon and swing it, water creatures can breathe under water, so it's logical that they survive flooding, and to bring back the "fire should have healing" example, how are you suposed to explain healing wounds with an open flame? last time i checked you can only inflict wounds with fire

Just in defense of thematics, cauterization can be seen as a form of 'healing,' but only by burning away infected flesh.

However, you can't just go about completing Elements.  Because then there is no clear difference between them and destroys the purpose of even separating them.

But this is a separate conversation altogether.  This thread is just for the latest patch.

oh yeah, forgot that, thx, and yeah you're right, but i felt like i had to say something, not that many people pay atention to me
http://webchat.ext3.net:9090/#  ignore the link, it's so i can find the chatroom lol chat #elementsthegame tournaments  #etgtournaments
[insert quote here]

Offline deidmann

• Reputation Power: 2
  • deidmann is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025755#msg1025755
« Reply #362 on: December 26, 2012, 10:02:07 am »
I take it that new artwork for the Salvagers hasn't been implemented...yet.
Finding non-copyrighted art must be a non-easy task.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025756#msg1025756
« Reply #363 on: December 26, 2012, 10:19:01 am »
Theres a good reason I say, "If it ain't broke, don't wreck it."
My opinion is, although some shards were op, their concept wasn't. Monoing them deprives the game of what shards offered: an easy way to splash an effect, whenever it be healing, mass boosting, or PC, into any deck that needs it.

Ditto this.  The SoR change Zanz is proposing would fix that card even if it were left in other.  Shards of sacrifice and focus would still need balancing, but the rest of them I think are largely fine as is.  The new gravity shard of focus is more balanced than it was, but by balancing it, the other shards are suffering by being removed from other.

So much true.
SoD was important because it is healing for any element. SoR was important because it could fit any duo to make it mono.

Here. This is exactly why I love having in-element shards, and hated wholeheartedly colorless shards.

This game is Elements the Game. Having unique elements, each with its own characteristics is important. Shards dilute that concept, which is one of the strongest concepts in this game, and make sure each element is way less unique. Having healing for every element is NOT a good idea. In fact, it's a bad idea, for a slew of reasons. More on this is explained pretty well here.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025761#msg1025761
« Reply #364 on: December 26, 2012, 11:54:56 am »
They're done, courtesy of vrt.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025782#msg1025782
« Reply #365 on: December 26, 2012, 03:32:03 pm »
They're done, courtesy of vrt.

however this
Merry Christmas Everyone!
I am out of town for a few days but I'll be back January the 2nd.

So it will be a few days before they are technically implemented.

oh yeah, forgot that, thx, and yeah you're right, but i felt like i had to say something, not that many people pay atention to me

Who said that? jkjk.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025798#msg1025798
« Reply #366 on: December 26, 2012, 04:47:32 pm »
At first glance, I think SoI, SoR and SoSe will be somewhat underpowered, SoBe will need some kind of a nerf and Vampire art is too OP. But I don't know, too lazy to test.
Not so active.

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025810#msg1025810
« Reply #367 on: December 26, 2012, 05:11:12 pm »
SoSe won't be practical in decks we use. But it could fit well in Dream Catcher and arena decks with 3x :entropy mark.
Hey there

Offline sirwoofy

• Reputation Power: 1
  • sirwoofy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025834#msg1025834
« Reply #368 on: December 26, 2012, 07:19:42 pm »
i like the card additions. it will be fun to put them to use.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025860#msg1025860
« Reply #369 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:58 pm »
SoSe won't be practical in decks we use. But it could fit well in Dream Catcher and arena decks with 3x :entropy mark.
you can still use 2-3 in any rainbow

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025897#msg1025897
« Reply #370 on: December 26, 2012, 11:55:57 pm »

Supernova is the advantage that :entropy has with this shard. It is one of the few elements that can stay purely mono and still get quanta from other elements.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1025924#msg1025924
« Reply #371 on: December 27, 2012, 02:04:08 am »
More love for the sick new art!

& I recall seeing that Dessication card long ago and admiring it!

blarg: vrt