*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024240#msg1024240
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2012, 08:01:03 am »
SoR change - instosis is really gone
SoW change - doesn't really affect my 'mono' Aether, so I'm happy :)
Thunderstorm change - good for balancing
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024243#msg1024243
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2012, 08:18:06 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s5 6s5 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6u2 6u2 6u2 74a 74a 74a 7an 7jv 7jv 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 8ps

vs AI3, ~4.4 TTW?
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024247#msg1024247
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2012, 08:55:46 am »
Shards are not "other" cards anymore and cost quanta of the appropriate element

<3
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024252#msg1024252
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2012, 09:25:20 am »
Shard of Bravery is very scarily fast in Cremation rushes atm.  I'd expect a normal response to that to be, "So what?  Your opponent's drawing cards at the same rate as you are!", but the problem here is that SoBe takes away nearly all of a Cremation rush's former inconsistency thanks to increased drawing, and can produce quanta much more quickly than most decks unless they're using another similar quanta production accelerator.  I've been using a deck with Crimson Dragons and Seraphs with Minor Phoenixes and it's easily getting 4-5 TTWs consistently; not having enough quanta through Cremation alone rarely matters when you can expect your deck to win in 4-5 turns regardless.  No PC, though.  But if this is how fast it is in a Mono Fire based Cremation rush, I'd be terrified to think of what it's capable of in a Rainbow based Cremation rush.

I honestly think it needs to be bumped up to 3 :fire as 2 would likely still be too cheap.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024254#msg1024254
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2012, 09:52:28 am »
So, now that my love for the shard change is declared and my will to play this game restored, on to feedback!

Phase Salvager is bad. Really really bad. Dimensional Shield doesn't need more protection, it probably needs more answers. Listen to willng3.
I suggest moving it to Light or Life (activation cost in Earth is good) with a new flavor - maybe a salvaging spirit for :light, or a spirit that infuses life into objects for :life? (This gives me a random crazy idea of a Life card that brings back permanents as creatures, that'd be cool)

Shard of Sacrifice is still a pretty heavy swing. It's been shown that there are answers, but the synergy with Shard of Divinity was huge... and it still is. Upgrading the cost a little bit might be an idea, since that way you force people to run both :light and :death in meaningful amounts (still, Supernova... but it needs testing it could be unreliable).

I'm not saying anything on the other shards yet.

There's still no love for PC. And I don't mean uber-powerful PC cards such as Shard of Focus, which is still pretty strong, I mean a little more soft PC cards or a few answers to the most infamous permanents. I particularly like Rejuvenation and Touch of Midas, and they're some of the most loved card ideas too.

I'd love to see Quantum Locket come in to soften the strong push towards mono in this patch.
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024255#msg1024255
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2012, 09:53:01 am »
Scavenger art coming in the next 2-3 days.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024260#msg1024260
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2012, 10:22:31 am »
Yay, a way to be reactive about PC instead of uselessly delaying (Silence) and selectively being proactive (PA).  Also, noted that Gravity will also have a 1-cost creature non-upgraded.

Note for the Shards:

Now that the loyalty is forced due to  :underworld costs, will the card effect change to cater?  Even if universalizing the effect is done, it still makes the mono much stronger since that was what it was designed to amplify, unless there are some tricky synergies I am not thinking of.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024264#msg1024264
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2012, 10:57:52 am »
I for one think the introduction of salvagers is good for the game. If we ever wish to make permanent control as prevalent as everyone seems to want, we need to make some counters against it. We already have one in the form of Protect Artifact, but that isn't quite enough. In addition, we can't give every element  Protect Artifact dopplegangers because 1. that would be redundant and 2. Protect Artifact is pretty powerful (in terms of speed and resilience), albeit costly (in permanents-protected-per-copy). Perhaps, in this regard, salvagers are too cheap (each can protect an infinite number of permanents), but this doesn't mean that the concept itself is not balanceable. If the card or ability cost is increased (not favorable), or if some limit is placed on the number of permanents that can be salvaged, for example:

Graviton Salvager

:gravity : Salvage (5 times)
Restore a permanent destroyed by your opponent

Phase Salvager

:earth : Salvage (2 times)
Restore a permanent destroyed by your opponent

Offline deidmann

• Reputation Power: 2
  • deidmann is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024285#msg1024285
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2012, 01:01:16 pm »
Are the Salvagers actually implemented in the trainer? I found the water spell, but these two don't show up in bazaar, all cards button or "Other" section.
Nitpick: All cards doesn't give the last 5 shards. They have to be bought and/or upgraded manually.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024286#msg1024286
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »
I for one think the introduction of salvagers is good for the game. If we ever wish to make permanent control as prevalent as everyone seems to want, we need to make some counters against it. We already have one in the form of Protect Artifact, but that isn't quite enough. In addition, we can't give every element  Protect Artifact dopplegangers because 1. that would be redundant and 2. Protect Artifact is pretty powerful (in terms of speed and resilience), albeit costly (in permanents-protected-per-copy). Perhaps, in this regard, salvagers are too cheap (each can protect an infinite number of permanents), but this doesn't mean that the concept itself is not balanceable. If the card or ability cost is increased (not favorable), or if some limit is placed on the number of permanents that can be salvaged, for example: *snip*

I like the salvagers in a void, but giving one to Aether is not a good idea in my opinion. Also, as you say, they can support some more PC, so I'd introduce some more PC alongside them.
As for putting a cap on them, I think the fact that they are creatures is vulnerability enough... as long as they stay clear of Aether's Quintessence.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024289#msg1024289
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2012, 01:49:35 pm »
To deal with SoW issue give us a spell,like one suggested in CIA that can add a reflective coating to any shield.

Edit: this was the suggestion by Absol. http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,38970.0.html
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:51:17 pm by EmeraldTiger »
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024291#msg1024291
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2012, 02:07:47 pm »
Shard of readiness will let a :time creature use its skill twice in a turn - just like before - but no more than twice, cost reduced to 3/2
So Bye Bye Instosis. I think it's good, it will give less monotony to FG grinding (sorry Sevs)
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

blarg: