*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) plastiqe(1) inthisroom(1) Opsinis(1) Anthraxx(1) nilsieboy(1) paulyhart(1) hwy(1) PlayerOa(1) joelas(1) FlareGlutox(1) coinich(1) Bloom(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) dragtom(1) esran(1) furballdn(1) Belligerence(1) memimemi(1) dracomageat(1) Tsmuji(1) Odii Odsen(1) oliby(1) Vineroz(1) Hannal(1) jawdirk(1) Angel_love95lol(1) henstheman(1) glennfoo(1) Jocko(1) Atico(1) mwaetht(1) rosutosefi(1) sirwoofy(1) Bonestorm(1) Amilir(1) Legit(1) Dopha(1) Mathematistic(1) sk1ll3t(1) asymmetry(1) Xenocidius(1) Hiros(1) Broodjebal(1) Scaramanga(1) tekpau(1) SinisterSnake(1) Troh(1) mfries30(1) DarkBaron12390(1) HiresDaedalus(1) SamuraiZach0(1) puri1(1) SnoWeb(1) Cannibal7(1) Plantifant(1) braddybarr(1) blarp(1) BloodlinE(1) liamjohn16(1) Foraker(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) Brontos(1) Tarutao(1) BrandenC6(1) bripod(1) MegroN(1) timetock(1) antiaverage(1) dark ripper(1) jarozaoz(1) treebeard xiii(1) CrockettRocket(1) Jacker77(1) Treldon(1) skotadi phobos(2) justaburd(2) Jen-i(2) teffy(2) Helston(2) mesaprotector(2) Cheesy111(2) crosscounter(2) cometbah(2) pikachufan2164(2) ChickenMayBite(2) neuroleptics(2) deuce22(2) hainkarga(2) mathman101(2) Faro(2) Silux(2) Beleric(2) Leodip(2) Krzysiekxd(2) SpikeSpiegel(2) silentFH(2) MystiK_(3) Tiko(3) yee(3) UTAlan(3) Zso_Zso(3) Kuroaitou(3) Wolfunit(3) Anarook(3) Assassine(3) Higurashi(3) Phaser(3) Shantu(3) UndeadSpider1990(3) Zarathustra1883(3) CuCN(3) BeefSupreme(3) Laxadarap(4) EmeraldTiger(4) Vangelios(4) Dm1321(4) Cunning_Wish(4) Ryujin watatsumi(4) omegareaper7(4) ColorlessGreen(4) n00b(5) Zblader(5) OldTrees(5) Naesala(5) Marsu(5) andretimpa(5) Marvaddin(5) The Chosen One(5) THEACCUSO(6) iancudorinmarian(6) Luminous(6) vrt(6) whatifidogetcaught?(7) rob77dp(7) remrej(7) Onizuka(7) TribalTrouble(7) Gandora(8) majofa(8) The_Mormegil(8) TheManuz(9) Fippe94(9) Jenkar(9) Elbirn(10) calindu(10) kimham8a(10) Malebolgia(11) Jyiber(11) storyteller(11) willng3(12) Annele(12) Absol(12) Blacksmith(13) RavingRabbid(16) dragonsdemesne(17) BluePriest(17) moomoose(21) zanzarino(23) eaglgenes101(23) choongmyoung(23) Pineapple(24) ddevans96(25) Rutarete(27) Chapuz(29) Drake_XIV(31) deidmann(43) shileka(44)

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023934#msg1023934
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2012, 11:18:09 am »
I like the shard changes, no more instosis, Pdials and Splat spamming.

None of these decks have been hurt that much. In fact, the distance between these decks and "fun" shard decks has only grown.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023936#msg1023936
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2012, 11:33:22 am »
As of this post, here is what I find:

Still not a fan of dessication, but seeing as how t-storm was buffed, it is better. The problem with quanta gain and acceleration is that it is only really useful early in the game. Later on, it's not as effective.

Changing SoP to water but still have it increase HP will probably make fractal sparks broken. Yes, I have been testing it on FGs and it's powerful as hell. Had some 5-6 TTWs. An easy fix would be to cast SoP before the creatures attack or just making it kill the 0 HP creatures.
SoD to light I'm ambivalent about. Light has even more healing, but it also stops decks like mono fires from free healing. It can be reduced to 2-1  :light with the same effect, and it gives more usage possibility yo non mono :light decks.
SoG feels like it's really treading on bond. Already shifting life mark made it too focused in life, an element with plenty of healing, but this change makes it even more so. I think it can be reduced to 2-1  :life cost for more diversification too. Remember when they were key cards in old FG farmers?
SoR loses its more creative uses with cards like steam machine and other mono ability cards. Not sure if that was a good idea if it was just aimed at instant mitosis. There's people saying this actually makes Instosis stronger, as there can be changed 2 SNs for pillars and the  :air quanta doesn't mess up. If this was intended for Instosis nerf, I think it can be done better changing Silurian Dragon for a massive dragon style. I agree this makes it lose creativity in other decks, but if shards are gonna cost its element quanta I am sure this one can be reduced.
Nerfed SoSa to 1 :death. That's fine. The problem is, it still has an elemental punish instead of elemental reward. Agree, buy I don't dislike the mechanic. I even think it can cost more so it can't be Nova'd.
SoV to :darkness. SoV doesn't really synergize with any darkness cards very well, and it was already a pretty niche card that mainly fit into zen or other stall/stallbreakers.
SoSe to 3 :entropy might be a pretty big nerf. In a mono or duo entropy deck, random cards won't be much of use. In an SNbow, 3 :entropy is probably too much to spare for 3 random cards. Totally agree, it NEEDS TO cost less so it can be used in a easier way. SoSebows are very fun decks and this shard didn't need such a big nerf.
SoFo moved into mono gravity. It requires 4 :gravity, but it still feels like it might be too powerful. 4 :gravity + 1 card + 3 turns = 1 black hole + 3 deflags It stops turn 1 SoFos, that's the important thing. You need 2 SNs to cast them now and that's pretty fine to me.
SoBe in fire. Well it certainly nerfed it, stopping nova/immo.
SoI nerf is pretty minimal. Most shard golem rush decks can easily get 1 :earth with nova, and even an :earth mark can summon it quickly. I do not think that this nerfed its speed. Agree. A good addition to the card can be to consume the quanta that cost the combining shards.
SoW in :aether makes it even more situational and almost forces it to be used either in mono aether, or a complex impractical combo for it to funciton well. Yeah,  probably it could cost only 1 :aether upped and unupped, with the upgrade buff as more damage (reducing the unupped one).
SoFre to :air I'm ambivalent about.

Can has more PC pls? Soft PC please? There are several incredibly built ideas in the Armory.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023965#msg1023965
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2012, 03:56:57 pm »
So, would this change mean that shards will be allowed in the tourneys?
I'd still rather not. Even with balancing, something about them just feels...Incredibly un-game like. So SoB costs 1 :fire? That seems a bit too powerful, 3 cards drawn for 1 quanta. Compare to Precognition, upped costs 1 :time to draw just 1 card...I suppose the balance is in the fact that you draw cards for your opponent as well, but something about that still just feels off to me.
Won't agree since this also cause opponent to draw cards+ you can't use it with cremations anymore.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023967#msg1023967
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2012, 03:58:35 pm »
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:04:59 pm by moomoose »
moose dont say moo.

Offline remrej

• Reputation Power: 1
  • remrej is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023978#msg1023978
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2012, 04:58:25 pm »
other art upgrades for consideration by zblader and moomoose respectively

Are these really up for consideration for 1.32?  The photorealistic frog image doesn't match the style of the current cards at all.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023980#msg1023980
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »
....being put up for consideration by us to him.  and the image was edited a heck of a lot, its up for him to judge if its better than the spore art or not.

also i dont think it looks so out of place, especially when appropriately resized
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:22:47 pm by moomoose »
moose dont say moo.

Offline memimemi

• Reputation Power: 6
  • memimemi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always something more to learn!
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023988#msg1023988
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2012, 06:00:32 pm »
Hoo-ray!  I know I'm a day late to say it, so I'd better say it twice:

HOORAY!!!!

It'll be fun to see what decks take over, when the dust settles after this shakeup.  Cheers, zanzarino!  Your efforts are appreciated!
The counter to :gravity isn't :aether; it's :D

Offline zanzarinoTopic starter

• Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 496
  • zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023994#msg1023994
« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2012, 06:08:22 pm »
Updated OP with more new cards (now in the development page).

The final art for the new cards will come (hopefully) soon.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023996#msg1023996
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2012, 06:14:39 pm »
oooooooo happy dance!
moose dont say moo.

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023997#msg1023997
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »
3AM here now, currently testing my new SoSebow sacrificing sleep, visited forum without brain, two new cards tada!
Love you so much <3 <3
Earth, please don't be destroyed. I need to test the new cards.
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1023998#msg1023998
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2012, 06:17:27 pm »
We have a graveyard now?

and lol at slight permanent powerup which is basically the opposite of what has been asked for
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Elements 1.32 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45197.msg1024000#msg1024000
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2012, 06:21:24 pm »
i havent seen how the cards are being implemented, but being returned to hand, as originally designed, is more of an immediate reverse time effect than a on-access graveyard
moose dont say moo.

blarg: