*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) suxerz(1) jacker(1) Eleahen(1) Djhopper :)(1) hendrydext(1) AchDeToni(1) Havok13(1) hwy(1) mwaetht(1) MrSinister(1) Elite Arbiter(1) xdude(1) lorddoritos(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) Avenger(1) MV296(1) Powerfrog(1) mega plini(1) Onizuka(1) Moraku(1) Wolfunit(1) skulllair(1) jippy99(1) Acsabi44(1) Rember(1) Dm1321(1) Hisar(1) moaw(1) Wizardcat(1) Retribution(1) markilleruk(1) burne(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) Shantu(1) mookmanthemighty(1) bripod(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) duskiller(1) Phaser(1) Vendanna(1) ralouf(1) avidteen13(1) ColorlessGreen(1) killsdazombies(1) freez(1) Gunthar(1) silinda(1) alegre27(1) BunKeR(1) Boingo(1) MystiK_(1) Foraker(1) Misfire(1) dragtom(1) Marvaddin(1) Chemist(1) Lex(1) Tsmuji(1) hainkarga(1) Thalas(1) haydenshark(1) toyama(1) skyjamer(1) sluggy(1) burpcow(1) FlareGlutox(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) salox(1) TheIdioticIdiot(2) Bhlewos(2) jmdt(2) Pineapple(2) Helston(2) silux(2) Zso_Zso(2) AnimationX(2) antiaverage(2) Toxx(2) calindu(2) Kakerlake(2) drolly(2) Ciskje(2) AnnaMall(2) Belligerence(2) Yamamoto(2) Joe21(2) windows(2) whatifidogetcaught?(2) pervepic(2) mesaprotector(3) The_Mormegil(3) nilsieboy(3) pulli23(3) cosine23(3) plastiqe(3) Zblader(3) Aves(3) RavingRabbid(3) Sevs(3) eaglgenes101(3) YoungSot(3) Elsy(3) Blues(3) Fireleaf(3) MatrimKK(3) Bloom(3) McSod(3) ElementalDearWatson(3) rowcla(4) Jocko(4) pikachufan2164(4) Winter Is Coming(4) ddevans96(4) TheManuz(4) omegareaper7(4) darkrobe(4) erosimpier(4) Laxadarap(4) sammybrahh(4) kenwa(4) Essence(5) SnoWeb(5) teffy(5) TheonlyrealBeef(5) daccoo(5) waterzx(5) AP579(5) UTAlan(6) zhangvict(6) majofa(6) Mathematistic(6) n00b(7) bogtro(7) cunning_wish(7) valiance(7) vrt(7) willng3(8) Chapuz(8) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) dragonsdemesne(10) glennfoo(10) Naesala(11) Drake_XIV(11) Poker Alho(11) Higurashi(12) Atico(12) Jenkar(13) Noobiecakes(15) moomoose(17) Rutarete(20) BluePriest(20) Absol(21) zanzarino(29) furballdn(35)

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg485165#msg485165
« Reply #576 on: April 21, 2012, 10:24:02 pm »
I thumbs up decks that I don't see every other match.

Offline Sqantic Pilau

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Sqantic Pilau is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Old and hairy - kind o' scary.
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486373#msg486373
« Reply #577 on: April 24, 2012, 04:06:37 am »
This thumbs up/down is an excellent idea but it is clearly being mis-used by many (most ?) players.
I have (and I don't think I'm alone in this ) put very novel decks into the arena only to be rewarded by a 20% "thumbs up" ratio.
I've also put up boing old decks (like GoTP/nightmare) and had a similar or better thumbs up ratio.
It seems many players react emotionally to a loss rather than making a judgement about the originality of the deck.
For example never put dune scorpions into a deck if you want lots of "ups".
Unfortunatly other than just asking I'm not sure how you can stop arena players acting this way.
By eck it's reet gradley, it's a proper Sqantic that is, I tells thee.

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486381#msg486381
« Reply #578 on: April 24, 2012, 04:32:24 am »
I only vote thumbs up for decks that were fun to play against. Considering how un-fun it is to lose, that generally means that most decks get a thumbs down from me. Im sure most players feel the same.

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486383#msg486383
« Reply #579 on: April 24, 2012, 04:35:00 am »
I only vote thumbs up for decks that were fun to play against. Considering how un-fun it is to lose, that generally means that most decks get a thumbs down from me. Im sure most players feel the same.

So you never even read the description of the rating screen? The 'thumbs down' is saying the deck is 'boring and uninspired'. Not 'boohoo it made me lose'.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486386#msg486386
« Reply #580 on: April 24, 2012, 04:37:06 am »
I'll say how I rank again. Mono fire/aether/entropy/darkness/death is almost an auto thumbs down since it's uncreative. Same goes for oraclebows. Now if I see a deck with strategies like adrenapuffer or life rush with deflag, then I'll thumbs it up.

Offline darkrobe

• darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486388#msg486388
« Reply #581 on: April 24, 2012, 04:39:11 am »
A deck I lose to after 16 turns of shard of sacrifice is boring and uninspired and im going to give it a thumbs down. If its a crazy mutant serendipidy deck that i was neck and neck with until the end until it gets a super lucky mutant which beats me by 1 HP, it gets a thumbs up. The first is boring to lose to, the second is fun to lose to. Thats how i differentiate thumbs up versus thumbs down.

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486389#msg486389
« Reply #582 on: April 24, 2012, 04:42:33 am »
A deck I lose to after 16 turns of shard of sacrifice is boring and uninspired and im going to give it a thumbs down. If its a crazy mutant serendipidy deck that i was neck and neck with until the end until it gets a super lucky mutant which beats me by 1 HP, it gets a thumbs up. The first is boring to lose to, the second is fun to lose to. Thats how i differentiate thumbs up versus thumbs down.
Considering how un-fun it is to lose, that generally means that most decks get a thumbs down from me. Im sure most players feel the same.

You didn't quite say that, did you? :B

Honestly, I wish the thumbs-down button would take like 3 seconds to become available.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline darkrobe

Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486392#msg486392
« Reply #583 on: April 24, 2012, 04:44:56 am »
They key word in there was "most". I still give thumbs up to some decks. My bar is just a little higher than most in that the deck needs to be fun to play against, not simply "creative".

edit: the fun-ness of play needs to outweigh the un-fun of losing.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486395#msg486395
« Reply #584 on: April 24, 2012, 04:45:50 am »
Considering how un-fun it is to lose, that generally means that most decks get a thumbs down from me. Im sure most players feel the same.

You didn't quite say that, did you? :B

Honestly, I wish the thumbs-down button would take like 3 seconds to become available.
Suddenly, everyone gets thumbs up for every match.

Offline pervepic

• Reputation Power: 9
  • pervepic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486517#msg486517
« Reply #585 on: April 24, 2012, 12:14:57 pm »
Anyway, thumbs thing is controversial, because good and winning decks are usually those where opponents can have less fun. But this discussion seems slighly out of the subject already.
The Owls are not what they seem.

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486524#msg486524
« Reply #586 on: April 24, 2012, 12:32:05 pm »
Anyway, thumbs thing is controversial, because good and winning decks are usually those where opponents can have less fun. But this discussion seems slighly out of the subject already.

i dont even know why is this thread still unlocked lol we're not even talking about the changes in 1.30 at all

Offline AP579

• Reputation Power: 4
  • AP579 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I ♥ Alt Codes. And OTKs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg486855#msg486855
« Reply #587 on: April 25, 2012, 12:39:39 am »
I found out FGs still steal HGs over Dials. They'll Destroy Dials first, but not for steal. That's what I've seen...
I only haz green.

I like nymphs.

anything
blarg: