*Author

Active members:
Hyroen(1) suxerz(1) jacker(1) Eleahen(1) Djhopper :)(1) hendrydext(1) AchDeToni(1) Havok13(1) hwy(1) mwaetht(1) MrSinister(1) Elite Arbiter(1) xdude(1) lorddoritos(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) Avenger(1) MV296(1) Powerfrog(1) mega plini(1) Onizuka(1) Moraku(1) Wolfunit(1) skulllair(1) jippy99(1) Acsabi44(1) Rember(1) Dm1321(1) Hisar(1) moaw(1) Wizardcat(1) Retribution(1) markilleruk(1) burne(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) Shantu(1) mookmanthemighty(1) bripod(1) UnderneathTheLens(1) duskiller(1) Phaser(1) Vendanna(1) ralouf(1) avidteen13(1) ColorlessGreen(1) killsdazombies(1) freez(1) Gunthar(1) silinda(1) alegre27(1) BunKeR(1) Boingo(1) MystiK_(1) Foraker(1) Misfire(1) dragtom(1) Marvaddin(1) Chemist(1) Lex(1) Tsmuji(1) hainkarga(1) Thalas(1) haydenshark(1) toyama(1) skyjamer(1) sluggy(1) burpcow(1) FlareGlutox(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) salox(1) TheIdioticIdiot(2) Bhlewos(2) jmdt(2) Pineapple(2) Helston(2) silux(2) Zso_Zso(2) AnimationX(2) antiaverage(2) Toxx(2) calindu(2) Kakerlake(2) drolly(2) Ciskje(2) AnnaMall(2) Belligerence(2) Yamamoto(2) Joe21(2) windows(2) whatifidogetcaught?(2) pervepic(2) mesaprotector(3) The_Mormegil(3) nilsieboy(3) pulli23(3) cosine23(3) plastiqe(3) Zblader(3) Aves(3) RavingRabbid(3) Sevs(3) eaglgenes101(3) YoungSot(3) Elsy(3) Blues(3) Fireleaf(3) MatrimKK(3) Bloom(3) McSod(3) ElementalDearWatson(3) rowcla(4) Jocko(4) pikachufan2164(4) Winter Is Coming(4) ddevans96(4) TheManuz(4) omegareaper7(4) darkrobe(4) erosimpier(4) Laxadarap(4) sammybrahh(4) kenwa(4) Essence(5) SnoWeb(5) teffy(5) TheonlyrealBeef(5) daccoo(5) waterzx(5) AP579(5) UTAlan(6) zhangvict(6) majofa(6) Mathematistic(6) n00b(7) bogtro(7) cunning_wish(7) valiance(7) vrt(7) willng3(8) Chapuz(8) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) dragonsdemesne(10) glennfoo(10) Naesala(11) Drake_XIV(11) Poker Alho(11) Higurashi(12) Atico(12) Jenkar(13) Noobiecakes(15) moomoose(17) Rutarete(20) BluePriest(20) Absol(21) zanzarino(29) furballdn(35)

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474509#msg474509
« Reply #336 on: March 26, 2012, 02:26:52 pm »
Same mechanics is still missing for Voodoo Doll: Purifying it won't add Purify counters / remove Poison from your opponent
No, because this:

(Also healing effects by Angel/Purify aren't Voodoo'ed either).
Voodoo doll only inflicts negative effects to it back to the opponent.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline zhangvict

• Reputation Power: 6
  • zhangvict is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • For Gondor!
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474751#msg474751
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2012, 01:38:30 pm »
I like the target both players and creatures but I do not see the thematic sense in making purify remove sacrifice status. This seems like poor game design, rushed and an easy way out in dealing with sosac because you couldn't think of anything more clever. Sosac may need to be nerfed, but is purify the right way to go about doing it?

Perhaps a better way to deal with sosac is not to make up a random hard counter spell, but change the mechanic of sosac so that it has a wider range of counters as well as a wider range of strengths.

Offline waterzx

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474753#msg474753
« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2012, 01:52:12 pm »
I like the target both players and creatures but I do not see the thematic sense in making purify remove sacrifice status. This seems like a rushed and easy way out in dealing with sosac. Sosac may need to be nerfed, but is purify the right way to go about doing it?

Perhaps a better way to deal with sosac is not to make up a random counter spell, but change the mechanic of sosac so that it has a wider range of counters as well as a wider range of strengths.
It's has been suggested for long that SoSac should become a permanent. I think that's a very nice nerf.

Offline zhangvict

• For Gondor!
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474754#msg474754
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2012, 01:55:09 pm »
I like the target both players and creatures but I do not see the thematic sense in making purify remove sacrifice status. This seems like a rushed and easy way out in dealing with sosac. Sosac may need to be nerfed, but is purify the right way to go about doing it?

Perhaps a better way to deal with sosac is not to make up a random counter spell, but change the mechanic of sosac so that it has a wider range of counters as well as a wider range of strengths.
It's has been suggested for long that SoSac should become a permanent. I think that's a very nice nerf.
I do not think SoSac should become a permanent. Then it just becomes a 2 turn dimensional shield, and that gets stale. The game need more varieties of defense than permanent based systems. The status-based spell defense of sosac was an innovation, and only really needs refinement, not a backwards transformation.

Offline waterzx

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474757#msg474757
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2012, 01:59:40 pm »

I do not think SoSac should become a permanent. Then it just becomes a 2 turn dimensional shield, and that gets stale. The game need more varieties of defense than permanent based systems. The status-based spell defense of sosac was an innovation, and only really needs refinement, not a backwards transformation.
How about adding a upper limit for damage /healing converted , say, up to 60 damage ?

Offline drolly

• Reputation Power: 5
  • drolly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Lurking Leafy. Now without artifacts.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474759#msg474759
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2012, 02:27:16 pm »
Just randomly throwing in my thoughts ... ::)

I totally agree with you, inflicting damage to oneself and one's quanta pool should yield greater advantages than just setting up a permanent for a defined quanta cost. SoSac does this nicely by guaranteeing near-immortality for the following turns (with some soft and an upcoming hard counter), and this will fortunately continue in 1.30, even after the Purify buff.

I like the target both players and creatures but I do not see the thematic sense in making purify remove sacrifice status.
I made up the following explanation for myself: The "sacrifice" you make is indeed an unholy one, instead of bringing glory to the world of elementals by growing stronger and stronger, you stab yourself and give up most of the life-saving resources. You start a gamble like "I bet that my opponent will damage me by more than 40/48 HP". All this is somehow against "nature", therefore the shard belongs to the :death element. Look at the optical effect, it reminds me of a somehow flawed soul (don't know how to express it in better terms). By purifying, this "suicidal/unholy/gambling" state is removed and you return to a normal existence again. Well, as long as your opponent doesn't defeat you immediately after that ...

How romantic ... 8)
Team :life, reigned by :aether: Long live Frogtal! - Wat

Offline zhangvict

• For Gondor!
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474772#msg474772
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2012, 03:12:15 pm »
I like the target both players and creatures but I do not see the thematic sense in making purify remove sacrifice status.
I made up the following explanation for myself: The "sacrifice" you make is indeed an unholy one, instead of bringing glory to the world of elementals by growing stronger and stronger, you stab yourself and give up most of the life-saving resources. You start a gamble like "I bet that my opponent will damage me by more than 40/48 HP". All this is somehow against "nature", therefore the shard belongs to the :death element. Look at the optical effect, it reminds me of a somehow flawed soul (don't know how to express it in better terms). By purifying, this "suicidal/unholy/gambling" state is removed and you return to a normal existence again. Well, as long as your opponent doesn't defeat you immediately after that ...

How romantic ... 8)
uhh, your romantic fantasy somewhat makes a bit of sense, but not enough for me to be convinced purify fits thematically with removal of sacrifice status. If indeed your theory of sosac causing a unholy state of soul, the exorcism of this state belong more to  :light than to  :water. Holy water perhaps, but not blue purify. Plus, I think the target should regain 20hp per 1 turn of sacrifice to fit better with the theme of restoring un-corrupted life, as well as for balancing the too hard counter of sosac. You need to draw 1 card to sosac and suicide 40hp, opoment needs to draw 1 card to de-sosac and heal you, both are balanced (except u lose all quanta except death and opoment needed to use 2 :water and you gain 2 regen counter).

Offline Vendanna

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Vendanna is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474841#msg474841
« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2012, 08:09:04 pm »
Its also possible to allow "Holy light" that is also an underused card to be able to heal the "disease" of sacrifice, and that way there exists other option that isn't on water quanta. (and has less uses than purify)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474865#msg474865
« Reply #344 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »
Its also possible to allow "Holy light" that is also an underused card to be able to heal the "disease" of sacrifice, and that way there exists other option that isn't on water quanta. (and has less uses than purify)
It already works like that in a way.  You can target the opponent with Holy Light, so you can deal 10 damage to them if they have SoSa active.  I'm tempted to try giving an arena deck six holy lights sometime and use the test option to see if the AI is smart enough to kill you with them if the opportunity arises.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg474866#msg474866
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »
It already works like that in a way.  You can target the opponent with Holy Light, so you can deal 10 damage to them if they have SoSa active.  I'm tempted to try giving an arena deck six holy lights sometime and use the test option to see if the AI is smart enough to kill you with them if the opportunity arises.
It will.

Offline Blues

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Blues is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg475121#msg475121
« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »
Sorry if this is already explained somewhere, this thread is very long.
Nova and Super Nova generate singularities when used multiple times per turn
What is a singularity?
And what is a black hole?

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Elements 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35190.msg475125#msg475125
« Reply #347 on: March 28, 2012, 06:17:36 pm »
Sorry if this is already explained somewhere, this thread is very long.
Nova and Super Nova generate singularities when used multiple times per turn
What is a singularity?
And what is a black hole?
This is a Singularity (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,37225.0.html), and this is a Black Hole (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,1894.0.html).

anything
blarg: