*Author

Active members:
YawnChainHow(1) 10 men(1) Holokausti(1) Puppenmaedchen(1) Dm1321(1) VegeForsaken(1) Chemist(1) Wadjet(1) redium(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) James Abrams(1) NikaZaslavsky(1) mwely(1) Gillero(1) veemon293(1) Shaliyah(1) madbird20(1) Metahater(1) grindpower(1) Fluffy Ninja(1) n00b(1) BloodlinE(1) Pineapple(1) stylish777(1) ÜberTurtleTime(1) Malebolgia(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) omegareaper7(1) ndclub(1) 18237(1) Lord_Jadem(1) Dwerg(1) groupgamegame(1) Danceman(1) poperekov(1) ggabriel2(1) Bloodshadow(1) vega7(1) stripe1000(1) vidurkhanna(1) orichalcum(1) iTry(1) Cless(1) skotadi phobos(1) AchDeToni(1) tetti(1) DevilLoss(1) TheGreatKhan(1) koeniewoenie(1) sunyata(1) nerd1(1) violenceisanart(1) burpcow(1) mesaprotector(1) Jaymanfu(2) nilsieboy(2) MartyrX(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) Sewdri(2) oblivion1212(2) Tiko(2) bripod(2) Mithcairion(2) the dictator(2) Blues(2) Korugar(2) UTAlan(2) Nepycros(2) badivan1(2) Bootsza(2) MildlyFrightenedBoy(2) Troh(2) forrestugly(2) Sal(2) FlareGlutox(2) jonathancrazyj(2) Kuroaitou(3) ~Napalm(3) Scaredgirl(3) Antagon(3) tyranim(3) PuppyChow(3) Plantifant(3) TheForbiddenOracle(3) Zblader(3) Hyroen(3) GG(3) markilleruk(3) burne(3) Avenger(3) vagman13(3) Shantu(3) parasite99(3) doublecross(3) TheonlyrealBeef(4) Aves(4) RootRanger(4) Wizardcat(4) kirchj33(4) aqwsz0(4) silux(4) bogtro(4) Anthraxx(4) rickerd(4) pikachufan2164(5) ScaredGuy(5) Toxx(5) loadquo(5) Jappert(5) RavingRabbid(5) Zaealix(5) petersenk(5) gumbeh(6) astraldragoon(6) majofa(6) Djhopper :)(6) artimies7(6) calindu(6) teffy(6) MatrimKK(6) rgurgelles1(6) Jenkar(6) SnoWeb(7) Kamietsu(7) EmeraldTiger(7) Onizuka(7) Post(7) suxerz(8) Malignant(8) Rastafla(8) Rutarete(9) Jocko(9) hendrydext(9) rowcla(9) Polari(9) TheManuz(10) willng3(11) Bhlewos(11) Chapuz(11) ddevans96(11) Snopel(13) Sevs(15) Rember(15) rosutosefi(16) Essence(16) ralouf(16) furballdn(18) RRQJ(19) Elite Arbiter(20) zanzarino(21) russianspy1234(24) bucky1andonly(24) Atico(26) bored_ninja777(28) Higurashi(28) The_Mormegil(30) OldTrees(30) dragonsdemesne(31) BluePriest(34) moomoose(34) Xenocidius(38)

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417911#msg417911
« Reply #828 on: October 30, 2011, 12:29:01 pm »
so why would i ever thumbs up a deck that is not my own ?
chat is down btw.
Why wouldn't you? You're basically giving the deck maker a small reward for being creative. Why give +rep on the forums?

And Chat is not down.
Because you get electrum, of course. It's weird only being able to rate decks you lose against though.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417917#msg417917
« Reply #829 on: October 30, 2011, 12:53:50 pm »
Yeah I support being able to vote all decks you play against.

Being rewarded for building original and fun decks shouldn't be dependant of your deck winning.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417925#msg417925
« Reply #830 on: October 30, 2011, 01:40:47 pm »
The Current System:
If you lose to a deck, then you have the option of rating it  + or -.
Rating it + gives it extra rating, which means it will stay in the arena longer.
Rating it - does nothing.

The reason, that I can see, that he has this system is that he doesn't need to have the thumbs down do anything except the normal function.
Meanwhile, you cant rate decks you win against because the you could easily rate + so that you face more decks that you won against.

I think SoS should do 25 dmg, destroy all non :death quanta, and destroy all of your none :death pillars/towers.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417933#msg417933
« Reply #831 on: October 30, 2011, 02:03:28 pm »
That doesn't solve the SoSa problem for the big two decks so far that use it.

Death Stall is... only death cards, possibly with water mark for And SPlat doesn't actually need to do anything once it gets its first hit in, so it doesn't care so much about those towers, although it'll hurt it slightly. However, this gave me an idea to actually balance it that could work, I would put it in the SoSa area but I 'just' posted there and I'm avoiding doubleposting.

Make it a Pump spell.

Base the hp cost on the amount of quanta you have upon playing it. Something like costing 80 hp as a base, but the more quanta absorbed the more the cost is reduced for that playing, down to a minimum of 20 or somesuch. A scaling effect would probably be best, meaning a 1:1 hp : quanta ratio until it goes down to 50 hp, then a 1:2 hp : quanta ratio from 50 down to 20. The ratios can be adjusted, my point is the system itself.

Death quanta  :death won't be absorbed but will count as 'being' absorbed, to give death that extra benefit still. So with full 75 death quanta you get to use 28 Hp SoSa's. But you had to do work to get your Death quanta that high. Also, this means that Shard of Conscience becomes a counter to SoSa! (And even 'one' helps drastically)
The purpose of this is to make SoSa take actual effort in between uses to use, or have a high start-up effort requirement. The only issue is making heavy Control Rainbows with many Quantum Towers not gain the full benefit each time, since they have easy access to that sheer amount of quanta generation, but an additional formula can be put in to make a diminishing effect for each additional element thrown into the mix if that becomes an actual problem, long as it calculates Death as highest priority.

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417958#msg417958
« Reply #832 on: October 30, 2011, 02:58:07 pm »

Death Stall is... only death cards, possibly with water mark for And SPlat doesn't actually need to do anything once it gets its first hit in, so it doesn't care so much about those towers, although it'll hurt it slightly. However, this gave me an idea to actually balance it that could work, I would put it in the SoSa area but I 'just' posted there and I'm avoiding doubleposting.

Make it a Pump spell.

Base the hp cost on the amount of quanta you have upon playing it. Something like costing 80 hp as a base, but the more quanta absorbed the more the cost is reduced for that playing, down to a minimum of 20 or somesuch. A scaling effect would probably be best, meaning a 1:1 hp : quanta ratio until it goes down to 50 hp, then a 1:2 hp : quanta ratio from 50 down to 20. The ratios can be adjusted, my point is the system itself.

Death quanta  :death won't be absorbed but will count as 'being' absorbed, to give death that extra benefit still. So with full 75 death quanta you get to use 28 Hp SoSa's. But you had to do work to get your Death quanta that high. Also, this means that Shard of Conscience becomes a counter to SoSa! (And even 'one' helps drastically)
The purpose of this is to make SoSa take actual effort in between uses to use, or have a high start-up effort requirement. The only issue is making heavy Control Rainbows with many Quantum Towers not gain the full benefit each time, since they have easy access to that sheer amount of quanta generation, but an additional formula can be put in to make a diminishing effect for each additional element thrown into the mix if that becomes an actual problem, long as it calculates Death as highest priority.
Too complicated.

The problem is the immortality itself. Its works against too much.

Just make it work similarly to how voodoo dolls operate but in reverse. Only if you survived the hit you get healed (would still be killable from a really strong creatures or powered up bolts.) And/Or enable heal, stoneskin, miracle to be cast on the opponent.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417962#msg417962
« Reply #833 on: October 30, 2011, 03:09:29 pm »

Make it a Pump spell.

Too complicated.

The problem is the immortality itself. Its works against too much.

Just make it work similarly to how voodoo dolls operate but in reverse. Only if you survived the hit you get healed (would still be killable from a really strong creatures or powered up bolts.) And/Or enable heal, stoneskin, miracle to be cast on the opponent.
Most of that was talk about balance. Its actually just "Lower hp cost based on quanta when played", and the formula is about as complicated as the catapult one. 1:1 efficiency from 80 to 50, 1:2 efficiency from 50 to 20.

Although that "only heal if survived" is a good idea as well. And I agree with heal, and possibly stoneskin being elemental targeting, but I'm not sure about Miracle for the casting on your opponent.

silux

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417967#msg417967
« Reply #834 on: October 30, 2011, 03:15:27 pm »
Well i lost against a deck in the arena.
thumb up and i might play against him again.
thumb down and i make it harder to find in the arena.
In both cases i got 5 electrum.

I'd rate always thumb down, so next time i will get an easier deck!

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417973#msg417973
« Reply #835 on: October 30, 2011, 03:30:12 pm »

If you follow that rule you should thumbs up decks that you just lost to due to bad startinghand/draw too shouldnt you?
Since the next time you should beat it given a normal draw.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417980#msg417980
« Reply #836 on: October 30, 2011, 03:36:45 pm »
THUMBS UP if you liked this update :P :P :P

Offline Djhopper :)

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Djhopper :) is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg417994#msg417994
« Reply #837 on: October 30, 2011, 04:21:47 pm »
Rating system.

Original decks play and lose. They don't get the thumbs-up they should get for originality :(

Original decks still have to win games, which might be hard :(

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg418018#msg418018
« Reply #838 on: October 30, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »
I will thumb down only firestalls and grabo rushes. They are really really old.

silux

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg418042#msg418042
« Reply #839 on: October 30, 2011, 05:50:33 pm »

If you follow that rule you should thumbs up decks that you just lost to due to bad startinghand/draw too shouldnt you?
Since the next time you should beat it given a normal draw.
You got my point!

blarg: