*Author

Active members:
YawnChainHow(1) 10 men(1) Holokausti(1) Puppenmaedchen(1) Dm1321(1) VegeForsaken(1) Chemist(1) Wadjet(1) redium(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) James Abrams(1) NikaZaslavsky(1) mwely(1) Gillero(1) veemon293(1) Shaliyah(1) madbird20(1) Metahater(1) grindpower(1) Fluffy Ninja(1) n00b(1) BloodlinE(1) Pineapple(1) stylish777(1) ÜberTurtleTime(1) Malebolgia(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) omegareaper7(1) ndclub(1) 18237(1) Lord_Jadem(1) Dwerg(1) groupgamegame(1) Danceman(1) poperekov(1) ggabriel2(1) Bloodshadow(1) vega7(1) stripe1000(1) vidurkhanna(1) orichalcum(1) iTry(1) Cless(1) skotadi phobos(1) AchDeToni(1) tetti(1) DevilLoss(1) TheGreatKhan(1) koeniewoenie(1) sunyata(1) nerd1(1) violenceisanart(1) burpcow(1) mesaprotector(1) Jaymanfu(2) nilsieboy(2) MartyrX(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) Sewdri(2) oblivion1212(2) Tiko(2) bripod(2) Mithcairion(2) the dictator(2) Blues(2) Korugar(2) UTAlan(2) Nepycros(2) badivan1(2) Bootsza(2) MildlyFrightenedBoy(2) Troh(2) forrestugly(2) Sal(2) FlareGlutox(2) jonathancrazyj(2) Kuroaitou(3) ~Napalm(3) Scaredgirl(3) Antagon(3) tyranim(3) PuppyChow(3) Plantifant(3) TheForbiddenOracle(3) Zblader(3) Hyroen(3) GG(3) markilleruk(3) burne(3) Avenger(3) vagman13(3) Shantu(3) parasite99(3) doublecross(3) TheonlyrealBeef(4) Aves(4) RootRanger(4) Wizardcat(4) kirchj33(4) aqwsz0(4) silux(4) bogtro(4) Anthraxx(4) rickerd(4) pikachufan2164(5) ScaredGuy(5) Toxx(5) loadquo(5) Jappert(5) RavingRabbid(5) Zaealix(5) petersenk(5) gumbeh(6) astraldragoon(6) majofa(6) Djhopper :)(6) artimies7(6) calindu(6) teffy(6) MatrimKK(6) rgurgelles1(6) Jenkar(6) SnoWeb(7) Kamietsu(7) EmeraldTiger(7) Onizuka(7) Post(7) suxerz(8) Malignant(8) Rastafla(8) Rutarete(9) Jocko(9) hendrydext(9) rowcla(9) Polari(9) TheManuz(10) willng3(11) Bhlewos(11) Chapuz(11) ddevans96(11) Snopel(13) Sevs(15) Rember(15) rosutosefi(16) Essence(16) ralouf(16) furballdn(18) RRQJ(19) Elite Arbiter(20) zanzarino(21) russianspy1234(24) bucky1andonly(24) Atico(26) bored_ninja777(28) Higurashi(28) The_Mormegil(30) OldTrees(30) dragonsdemesne(31) BluePriest(34) moomoose(34) Xenocidius(38)

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396295#msg396295
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2011, 08:21:33 pm »
I guessing you mean SoS? How can the AI do that with SoD?
Yeah, i meant SoS.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396303#msg396303
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2011, 08:31:29 pm »
In this version the health loss from SoS is more of a quickly repaid investment than an actual sacrifice. I think it would be more balanced if it took away as much hp AND reduced the player's max hp by the same amount at the end of *each* turn that it was in effect.
I like this idea particularly reducing the max HP. Though I'm not quite sure if reducing more HP would be wise along with this. I think it could make the card too UP.

Are you kidding?  Even if you lost 12 (8 upgraded) MaxHP every time you used it, you're still left at the end with a minimum of 12 turns of complete invulnerability (which can usually be stretched out by at least another 8 turns by a clever user) and you end the entire stretch with 28 (52 upgraded) HP (and you're still getting an EM).

I think that having the sacrifice be MaxHP is a good start, but I'm honestly not sure that it's enough.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396318#msg396318
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2011, 08:44:50 pm »
Absolutely love the elegance of the rarity bands. I do think they should be universally off-white for the unupped and dark gray for the upped, to match the card names. There would be enough contrast with :light and :darkness for it to work.

I also love the new backgrounds. At first, I thought I was going to hate them, but :death's new background is much more beautiful (no more dead rocks!). Maybe they could use a little more contrast, especially :earth, which looks mostly plain on the card.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline NikaZaslavsky

• Reputation Power: 10
  • NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Beware The Rainbow Donut of Doom
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396319#msg396319
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2011, 08:45:22 pm »
I don't like any of the new backgrounds, but I like the new shard.
Creepers be creepin'
Builders be weepin'

suxerz

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396322#msg396322
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2011, 08:49:14 pm »
In this version the health loss from SoS is more of a quickly repaid investment than an actual sacrifice. I think it would be more balanced if it took away as much hp AND reduced the player's max hp by the same amount at the end of *each* turn that it was in effect.
I like this idea particularly reducing the max HP. Though I'm not quite sure if reducing more HP would be wise along with this. I think it could make the card too UP.
Are you kidding?  Even if you lost 12 (8 upgraded) MaxHP every time you used it, you're still left at the end with a minimum of 12 turns of complete invulnerability (which can usually be stretched out by at least another 8 turns by a clever user) and you end the entire stretch with 28 (52 upgraded) HP (and you're still getting an EM).

I think that having the sacrifice be MaxHP is a good start, but I'm honestly not sure that it's enough.
Hm... I think either of us may misunderstood the point that Chemist made. In my mind, it's going to be -12 | -8 to max HP EACH turn SoS is in effect. So, if I played 6 SoS, by the end of 12th turn I will only have 100-(12 x 12) = -44?? or 100-(8 x 12) = 4 HP left. That's the reason why I thought it will be UP if more HP is reduced each turn.

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396331#msg396331
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2011, 08:59:14 pm »
So when Zanz changed backgrounds it would be nice to change also background Wyrm|Elite Wyrm  :)

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396340#msg396340
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2011, 09:17:48 pm »
Nice, we´ll soon get some shards. Some comments:
- I like the old life background more, because it looks more like a leaf, the structure of the leaf looks more natural.
- New bands are good, I think they should be white.
- SoR has some good targets in time: Deja vu and GotP. This will improve time rushs even more.I´d rather see an precognition effect added (creature are ready to use skill and they also see parts of the future).
-SoS is not balanced yet, I doubt that it´s possible to balance it, because it´s more useful against FGs and Arena with a higher damage output than PvP
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396343#msg396343
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2011, 09:21:07 pm »
OK, thoughts on the new SoS:

It's more dangerous to use now, because your opponent only has to get you down to 30/24 HP before it's unusable.  But really all that does is make you start using it a turn earlier -- essentially taking a turn or maybe a few off of the length of your SoS chain.  It doesn't really address the core problem, which is that SoS is a completely unbreakable defense and it's free. 

Making it a 20 (15 upgraded) reduction in MaxHP in order to use it would be entirely appropriate.  That's a SACRIFICE, and it means that you don't get to heal up to 100 HP while the Shard is in play -- you only get 80/60/40/etc.  That reduces the amount of time you can afford to spend between playing Shards, which in turn shortens the overall length of invulnerability AND makes you MUCH easier to kill once it's over -- which is appropriate given just how much you can accomplish with 12 turns of unbreakable invlunerability.

Also, it makes SoDs valuable in conjunction with SoS, which I think is cool. ;)

On the graphics tip, other than the Earth/Time being too similar thing, I think everything is AWESOME. 

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396368#msg396368
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2011, 10:02:08 pm »
Absolutely love the elegance of the rarity bands. I do think they should be universally off-white for the unupped and dark gray for the upped, to match the card names. There would be enough contrast with :light and :darkness for it to work.

I also love the new backgrounds. At first, I thought I was going to hate them, but :death's new background is much more beautiful (no more dead rocks!). Maybe they could use a little more contrast, especially :earth, which looks mostly plain on the card.
Yeah that's what i'm talking about, more contrast:
old  :darkness border was cool!
or check  :water upped cards: there you spot that the background is water.
same for  :life: its a leaf behind, one look and you dig it, that is awesome.
but  :time and  :earth as i said are so similar: color close the same and no contrast, i mean sand on time card is so cheap, its like they not there you have to look a lot to spot it, its not enough ''blingbling", the sand idea is really nice it fit it good, just make it more nice for peoples who's blind like me :D
for  :aether i like the brighter effect, i think it fit good the aether side.
 :air is also kinda poor, put on some clouds in the background.
old  :death background isnt my friend
 :entropy looks cheap, nothing special on it, and if i'm not wrong it's the same as other
 :fire is nice but need some more contrast also i think, something more agressive
 :gravity the contrast betwin unnup and upped cards is big, but it change nothing at the deal, poor background
 :light background = nothing xD

what i want to say, it's i dont juge any backgrounds, it a LOT of work and i'm not able to do so.
but if you ask me, i think that borders need some style buff!
i know zanz can make miracles. :)

EDIT about ZanZ new backgrounds:

entropy: awesome but, not enough contrast
death: as i said old isnt my friend, i really like this one, the color make the death look strong and cold
earth: kinda same as the other, still lookin like time cards
life: kinda cheaper than the old one
darkness: for me the old is better

so i think ZanZ want to go to a smother way than my ideas, just focus on color and not too much on image/color/contrast.

Offline Camoninja

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Camoninja is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • failed quitter
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396385#msg396385
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2011, 10:46:36 pm »
Smooth card backgrounds ftw! But I still don't notice too much difference between :time and :earth by backgrounds.
And I think a high HP cost for Shard of Sacrifice should do. It limits the use on the other end, so if you don't do that much damage per turn you can counter it. Of course I have to test before anyone should believe me though ^^

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396392#msg396392
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2011, 10:56:56 pm »
Frankly, I don't like the new borders. The current ones have a pattern on them, and more variance in color.
Edit: Especially after looking in the beta at all the cards with new borders. They all look dull-ish, and not as exciting.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Camoninja

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Camoninja is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • failed quitter
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396406#msg396406
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2011, 11:22:45 pm »
:D Serket has SoS! *farms FGs*
>.<

I do like the stripes on all of them but Darkness, I can't quite see the stripes clearly. Could you make them pure black or something?

anything
blarg: