*Author

Active members:
YawnChainHow(1) 10 men(1) Holokausti(1) Puppenmaedchen(1) Dm1321(1) VegeForsaken(1) Chemist(1) Wadjet(1) redium(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) James Abrams(1) NikaZaslavsky(1) mwely(1) Gillero(1) veemon293(1) Shaliyah(1) madbird20(1) Metahater(1) grindpower(1) Fluffy Ninja(1) n00b(1) BloodlinE(1) Pineapple(1) stylish777(1) ÜberTurtleTime(1) Malebolgia(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) omegareaper7(1) ndclub(1) 18237(1) Lord_Jadem(1) Dwerg(1) groupgamegame(1) Danceman(1) poperekov(1) ggabriel2(1) Bloodshadow(1) vega7(1) stripe1000(1) vidurkhanna(1) orichalcum(1) iTry(1) Cless(1) skotadi phobos(1) AchDeToni(1) tetti(1) DevilLoss(1) TheGreatKhan(1) koeniewoenie(1) sunyata(1) nerd1(1) violenceisanart(1) burpcow(1) mesaprotector(1) Jaymanfu(2) nilsieboy(2) MartyrX(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) Sewdri(2) oblivion1212(2) Tiko(2) bripod(2) Mithcairion(2) the dictator(2) Blues(2) Korugar(2) UTAlan(2) Nepycros(2) badivan1(2) Bootsza(2) MildlyFrightenedBoy(2) Troh(2) forrestugly(2) Sal(2) FlareGlutox(2) jonathancrazyj(2) Kuroaitou(3) ~Napalm(3) Scaredgirl(3) Antagon(3) tyranim(3) PuppyChow(3) Plantifant(3) TheForbiddenOracle(3) Zblader(3) Hyroen(3) GG(3) markilleruk(3) burne(3) Avenger(3) vagman13(3) Shantu(3) parasite99(3) doublecross(3) TheonlyrealBeef(4) Aves(4) RootRanger(4) Wizardcat(4) kirchj33(4) aqwsz0(4) silux(4) bogtro(4) Anthraxx(4) rickerd(4) pikachufan2164(5) ScaredGuy(5) Toxx(5) loadquo(5) Jappert(5) RavingRabbid(5) Zaealix(5) petersenk(5) gumbeh(6) astraldragoon(6) majofa(6) Djhopper :)(6) artimies7(6) calindu(6) teffy(6) MatrimKK(6) rgurgelles1(6) Jenkar(6) SnoWeb(7) Kamietsu(7) EmeraldTiger(7) Onizuka(7) Post(7) suxerz(8) Malignant(8) Rastafla(8) Rutarete(9) Jocko(9) hendrydext(9) rowcla(9) Polari(9) TheManuz(10) willng3(11) Bhlewos(11) Chapuz(11) ddevans96(11) Snopel(13) Sevs(15) Rember(15) rosutosefi(16) Essence(16) ralouf(16) furballdn(18) RRQJ(19) Elite Arbiter(20) zanzarino(21) russianspy1234(24) bucky1andonly(24) Atico(26) bored_ninja777(28) Higurashi(28) The_Mormegil(30) OldTrees(30) dragonsdemesne(31) BluePriest(34) moomoose(34) Xenocidius(38)

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396090#msg396090
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2011, 10:34:21 am »
Time to play devil's advocate a bit here (no pun intended).

For everyone who wants to switch Shard of Gratitude and Shard of Readiness around in terms of what elements they affect, don't you think that the redundancies of Adrenaline PLUS a Shard that can also grant adrenaline to those creatures is a bit silly? Also, if Shard of Gratitude is affected by :time marks, all I know is that timebows (that often use Shard of Gratitude for healing with Sanctuary) will actually require the switched shard format in order to gain the healing boost. And yes, while Mitosis can be pricey for some creatures, I personally think that SoG fits :life and SoR still fits :time, even if SoR might break conventions regarding Adrenavu combinations.

Thanks for changing the backgrounds and adding 'bands' to the cards Zanz. :) I still think it should be (1 band = rare, 2 bands = legendary) so that the ones w/o bands are seen as the 'common' cards, but aesthetics aside, it's all awesomesauceness. ^^

Problems leaving the shards the way they are:
- SoG is redundant in its element and will be used only by other elements at best splashing with Life mark.
- SoG is still very powerful and upped SoG still enables Firestalls and healing stalls in general (which is why it is banned from 90% of competitive PvP options).
- SoG is not what Life needs and doesn't really synergize with that element.
- SoR is redundant with Adrenaline and makes Adrenaline less unique.
- SoR will not be used for its main purpose since it is rarely if ever used for that to start with (SoR decks are considered very original, just take a look at the feedback on FFQ+SoR deck in last Air Trials), SoR will be used as in-element rush option for Time
- SoR enables one broken deck (AdrenaVus) which has the potential to be the fastest rush in the game. Immorushes are bad enough already, this actually multiplies its power over time too, possibly turning it into an outright farming monster.
- SoR does not help Time stall (the Master of Time 10 men said more than once that Time requires healing to be effective), it helps Time rush. The metagame will be even more rush-centered.

Problems switching Shards:
- Thematic issues (although I think Shard of Renovation and Shard of Vitality would be pretty thematic)
- SoR would be redundant with Adrenaline.
- SoG would benefit Timebows more and Firestalls less. I don't see a problem here, but I guess if you're really annoyed at the old fat Timebows while you somehow love facing the almost unbeatable Firestalls you see in the Arena every day, that's kind of a problem. I see it more as a benefit, but eh.

A point in common is that SoR is redundant with Adrenaline.

I think it should give "First Turn Activation(FTA)" instead of adrenaline regardless of paired Element.

As for the rest, I don't see why they should not be switched, apart from wanting to stick with the habit of seeing SoG as the green shard and SoR as the yellow one. :/
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396116#msg396116
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2011, 12:29:55 pm »
I personally think SoR fits Time fine, as well as SoG fits Life.

First turn activation was overpowered on diving creatures if I remember correctly, but it would fit perfectly on just Time creatures (like Vineroz said), keeping the elementalization thing these shards have going. Scarab or Deja Vu rush buff decks could really use the turn for a quick burst attack.

For SoG I'd like to see both upgraded and unupgraded versions to give -1 healing to non-life marks. This makes it less viable splashed into every stall, while making it more useful for Life. The adrenastaves argument isn't a good one in my opinion, that's a 3 card combo (almost a deck in itself really, and not all that Life is about) that requires either a duo or upgraded cards and is much easier to counter (permanents are harder to get rid of, known fact). Unflown the staves are restricted to only one, while SoGs give the same healing (or -1 unupgraded) while their cost is other! Really no reason to worry about them not seeing use.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396145#msg396145
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2011, 02:12:13 pm »
Nova + SoG in a life deck results in a cost of 5 cards for 16|20 Regeneration. ~ Cost 1 card per 3.2|4 Regeneration
Adrenaline Flying Druidic Staff costs 3 cards +2 :life +1 :air|1 :life per 20 Regeneration. ~ Costs 1 card + 1.33 :life|1 :life per 6.67 Regeneration

SoG using  :rainbow to pay for the  :rainbow cost has more efficient Regeneration/Cost ratio for Life marks. (3.2|4 vs 2.9|3.33) So when a Life Elemental wants healing more than damage they will use the SoG.

Adrenaline's mechanical effect (attack more times per turn) is thematically appropriate both to Life (hormones) and to Time (Temporal Acceleration)

Time does not need Healing to Stall. It needs more defenses against damage but healing is not the only option. Personally I do not think there is a Virtue (Shard naming convention) that is thematic to both Time and Healing.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396152#msg396152
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2011, 02:35:33 pm »
SoG using  :rainbow to pay for the  :rainbow cost has more efficient Regeneration/Cost ratio for Life marks. (3.2|4 vs 2.9|3.33) So when a Life Elemental wants healing more than damage they will use the SoG.
Correction.  If a Life Elemental wants healing more than damage they will use SoG and Nova/Quantum Pillar.  Otherwise you're not getting quite the same bang for your buck so to speak.

This is important to note because running this type of setup is likely to have a few rather unwanted effects in a heavily :life based deck, but will function magnificently in a more :rainbow based deck.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

loadquo

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396191#msg396191
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »
If the Shard of Sacrifice is going to stay as is, I'd like to see some of the other shards act as counters. Perhaps an Earthern shard of steadfastness, a permanent that when activated stops your creatures attacking (and gave +1 HP to earth creatures or some other useful effect). It would be useful against antimatter, fire shield and also voodoo doll decks, so not completely useless in the current meta. Also it might enable you to control for EM as well.

Also I'd like to see healing cards be able to be played on the other elemental. So that people can take advantage of the swapped nature of the healing.

SoR does seem a bit overpowered from having played around with it a bit. Not sure what to do about that though.

Edit: Also another counter would be a death themed shard that reduced the efficacy of all healing by 50-75% for a couple of turns. There is no current way to reduce healing which is why it is so strong.

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396251#msg396251
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »
I don't really know if this has been posted, but im not going to read that much pages of discussion, so i'll put it down just in case.
AI commits suicide with SoD, also it will play a SoD even if there other SoDs in place.

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396255#msg396255
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2011, 06:51:10 pm »
I guessing you mean SoS? How can the AI do that with SoD?

James Abrams

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396264#msg396264
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2011, 07:12:10 pm »
Interestingly, I can't seem to purchase the arctic octopus in the link provided.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396279#msg396279
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »
Interestingly, I can't seem to purchase the arctic octopus in the link provided.
Thats because its a rare card so it cant be purchased
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396288#msg396288
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »
this is kind of a trainer so you should be able too
check pharaoh

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396291#msg396291
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2011, 08:19:07 pm »
this is kind of a trainer so you should be able too
check pharaoh
Hmm...and Miracle.  Yeah, that sounds like a bug then.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg396294#msg396294
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:36 pm »
He's correct. You can buy all kinds of rares in the Beta except Squid. Of course, you can just click "All Cards"  ::)
You can also buy Nymphs in the Trainer, but not other rares. Rather funny.

By the by, I don't like the shade on the Death cards. They look weak and not at all Death-y anymore. More like a wimpy lilac sickly colour.
Darkness looks a bit weaker too, but I love the new Life. The rest are good.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

blarg: