*Author

Active members:
YawnChainHow(1) 10 men(1) Holokausti(1) Puppenmaedchen(1) Dm1321(1) VegeForsaken(1) Chemist(1) Wadjet(1) redium(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) James Abrams(1) NikaZaslavsky(1) mwely(1) Gillero(1) veemon293(1) Shaliyah(1) madbird20(1) Metahater(1) grindpower(1) Fluffy Ninja(1) n00b(1) BloodlinE(1) Pineapple(1) stylish777(1) ÜberTurtleTime(1) Malebolgia(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) omegareaper7(1) ndclub(1) 18237(1) Lord_Jadem(1) Dwerg(1) groupgamegame(1) Danceman(1) poperekov(1) ggabriel2(1) Bloodshadow(1) vega7(1) stripe1000(1) vidurkhanna(1) orichalcum(1) iTry(1) Cless(1) skotadi phobos(1) AchDeToni(1) tetti(1) DevilLoss(1) TheGreatKhan(1) koeniewoenie(1) sunyata(1) nerd1(1) violenceisanart(1) burpcow(1) mesaprotector(1) Jaymanfu(2) nilsieboy(2) MartyrX(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) Sewdri(2) oblivion1212(2) Tiko(2) bripod(2) Mithcairion(2) the dictator(2) Blues(2) Korugar(2) UTAlan(2) Nepycros(2) badivan1(2) Bootsza(2) MildlyFrightenedBoy(2) Troh(2) forrestugly(2) Sal(2) FlareGlutox(2) jonathancrazyj(2) Kuroaitou(3) ~Napalm(3) Scaredgirl(3) Antagon(3) tyranim(3) PuppyChow(3) Plantifant(3) TheForbiddenOracle(3) Zblader(3) Hyroen(3) GG(3) markilleruk(3) burne(3) Avenger(3) vagman13(3) Shantu(3) parasite99(3) doublecross(3) TheonlyrealBeef(4) Aves(4) RootRanger(4) Wizardcat(4) kirchj33(4) aqwsz0(4) silux(4) bogtro(4) Anthraxx(4) rickerd(4) pikachufan2164(5) ScaredGuy(5) Toxx(5) loadquo(5) Jappert(5) RavingRabbid(5) Zaealix(5) petersenk(5) gumbeh(6) astraldragoon(6) majofa(6) Djhopper :)(6) artimies7(6) calindu(6) teffy(6) MatrimKK(6) rgurgelles1(6) Jenkar(6) SnoWeb(7) Kamietsu(7) EmeraldTiger(7) Onizuka(7) Post(7) suxerz(8) Malignant(8) Rastafla(8) Rutarete(9) Jocko(9) hendrydext(9) rowcla(9) Polari(9) TheManuz(10) willng3(11) Bhlewos(11) Chapuz(11) ddevans96(11) Snopel(13) Sevs(15) Rember(15) rosutosefi(16) Essence(16) ralouf(16) furballdn(18) RRQJ(19) Elite Arbiter(20) zanzarino(21) russianspy1234(24) bucky1andonly(24) Atico(26) bored_ninja777(28) Higurashi(28) The_Mormegil(30) OldTrees(30) dragonsdemesne(31) BluePriest(34) moomoose(34) Xenocidius(38)

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395441#msg395441
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 08:49:53 am »
The Foil Chimera does not have coloured text.

Also: maybe rare cards should have a text colour based on their element? For example, Jade Staff would keep the new green text, but Fahrenheit would have red text, etc.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Rember

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395443#msg395443
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 09:01:57 am »
I'm using a SoS/Sundial Poison stall to farm False Gods. So far I have 100% win rate, even if you factor in the presence of SoS in THEIR deck - which is definitely annoying. I also have an about 90% EM rate. If that is not broken, I can't see what it is.
Haha, good times.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71a 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

For anyone interested. It's funny how the only chance they have is to draw their own SoS.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395447#msg395447
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 09:34:37 am »
Sundial currently slows down both players' win conditions by 1 turn.
Dimensional Shield slows down the opponent's win condition by 3 turns.
Each turn of SoS slows down the opponent's win condition by about 2 turns. At a 2 turn duration, SoS slows the opponent down by 4 turns.

Conclusion: SoS is now more powerful than Dimensional Shield and costs about the same as Sundial.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395451#msg395451
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:22 am »
Sundial currently slows down both players' win conditions by 1 turn.
Dimensional Shield slows down the opponent's win condition by 3 turns.
Each turn of SoS slows down the opponent's win condition by about 2 turns. At a 2 turn duration, SoS slows the opponent down by 4 turns.

Conclusion: SoS is now more powerful than Dimensional Shield and costs about the same as Sundial.
Wrong. SoS is an unavoidable spell effect, while both Sundial and Dims are removable. Dims are also weak to momentum.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395452#msg395452
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:29 am »
I'd suggest having SoS's effect only last for 1 turn, have an actual cost, and remove more HP.

Umm ... actually, it costs more (HP + all non-death quanta). Plus, Sundial has the Hasten ability.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395456#msg395456
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 09:58:44 am »
I'd suggest having SoS's effect only last for 1 turn, have an actual cost, and remove more HP.

Umm ... actually, it costs more (HP + all non-death quanta). Plus, Sundial has the Hasten ability.
1 :time is ~= to the hp and dipped quanta (0-2).
I was ignoring the hasten ability because it was paid for separately and acts as an optional addition.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Fear the Darkness ...
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395457#msg395457
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 10:02:36 am »
I'd say 1 :time is definitely not equal to all non- :death plus HP. Using the classic example of Holy Light, it seems 1 :light = 10 HP. SoS drains 12. Just my opinion though.

Snopel

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395465#msg395465
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 10:15:22 am »
If there were to be any improvement, I'd say inflict 50 or something HP to yourself. It pretty much evens out.
That or make it last for one turn.
I can imagine the abuse in PVP with this. Ugh.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395467#msg395467
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 10:16:53 am »
I'd say 1 :time is definitely not equal to all non- :death plus HP. Using the classic example of Holy Light, it seems 1 :light = 10 HP. SoS drains 12. Just my opinion though.
I assumed standard deck building procedures would also occur (minimizing costs and maximizing benefits). Thus draining X hp < healing X hp.

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395468#msg395468
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 10:20:03 am »
Can a more neutral glow be used? Maybe just white and black... if a 3rd is needed, the "blue-gray" of Microsoft excel is pretty neutral and doesn't directly match the color used by air, water, or death. Off-white can work, too.

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395478#msg395478
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 11:00:22 am »

talking about the borders, some cards have upped borders more sexy than others, just check time and earth: they close the same when upped!
check darkness too, you see how upped its really nice

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg395486#msg395486
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 11:38:37 am »
I don't like this SoR either, but I'd like to make one point:
Nova
Elite Deja Vu
Unstoppable
Shard of Readiness
If you think the overpowered card in this list is SoR, you probably also think that Photon is the overpowered part of the Photon - Immolation - Phoenix start... ;)
But yeah I agree with Mormegil that a much more useful and fitting shard for Time would be Shard of Restoration (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29298.0.html).
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

anything
blarg: Rember