*Author

Active members:
YawnChainHow(1) 10 men(1) Holokausti(1) Puppenmaedchen(1) Dm1321(1) VegeForsaken(1) Chemist(1) Wadjet(1) redium(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) James Abrams(1) NikaZaslavsky(1) mwely(1) Gillero(1) veemon293(1) Shaliyah(1) madbird20(1) Metahater(1) grindpower(1) Fluffy Ninja(1) n00b(1) BloodlinE(1) Pineapple(1) stylish777(1) ÜberTurtleTime(1) Malebolgia(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) omegareaper7(1) ndclub(1) 18237(1) Lord_Jadem(1) Dwerg(1) groupgamegame(1) Danceman(1) poperekov(1) ggabriel2(1) Bloodshadow(1) vega7(1) stripe1000(1) vidurkhanna(1) orichalcum(1) iTry(1) Cless(1) skotadi phobos(1) AchDeToni(1) tetti(1) DevilLoss(1) TheGreatKhan(1) koeniewoenie(1) sunyata(1) nerd1(1) violenceisanart(1) burpcow(1) mesaprotector(1) Jaymanfu(2) nilsieboy(2) MartyrX(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) Sewdri(2) oblivion1212(2) Tiko(2) bripod(2) Mithcairion(2) the dictator(2) Blues(2) Korugar(2) UTAlan(2) Nepycros(2) badivan1(2) Bootsza(2) MildlyFrightenedBoy(2) Troh(2) forrestugly(2) Sal(2) FlareGlutox(2) jonathancrazyj(2) Kuroaitou(3) ~Napalm(3) Scaredgirl(3) Antagon(3) tyranim(3) PuppyChow(3) Plantifant(3) TheForbiddenOracle(3) Zblader(3) Hyroen(3) GG(3) markilleruk(3) burne(3) Avenger(3) vagman13(3) Shantu(3) parasite99(3) doublecross(3) TheonlyrealBeef(4) Aves(4) RootRanger(4) Wizardcat(4) kirchj33(4) aqwsz0(4) silux(4) bogtro(4) Anthraxx(4) rickerd(4) pikachufan2164(5) ScaredGuy(5) Toxx(5) loadquo(5) Jappert(5) RavingRabbid(5) Zaealix(5) petersenk(5) gumbeh(6) astraldragoon(6) majofa(6) Djhopper :)(6) artimies7(6) calindu(6) teffy(6) MatrimKK(6) rgurgelles1(6) Jenkar(6) SnoWeb(7) Kamietsu(7) EmeraldTiger(7) Onizuka(7) Post(7) suxerz(8) Malignant(8) Rastafla(8) Rutarete(9) Jocko(9) hendrydext(9) rowcla(9) Polari(9) TheManuz(10) willng3(11) Bhlewos(11) Chapuz(11) ddevans96(11) Snopel(13) Sevs(15) Rember(15) rosutosefi(16) Essence(16) ralouf(16) furballdn(18) RRQJ(19) Elite Arbiter(20) zanzarino(21) russianspy1234(24) bucky1andonly(24) Atico(26) bored_ninja777(28) Higurashi(28) The_Mormegil(30) OldTrees(30) dragonsdemesne(31) BluePriest(34) moomoose(34) Xenocidius(38)

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg434007#msg434007
« Reply #924 on: December 02, 2011, 09:02:05 pm »
Elements needs to be rewritten completely anyway if it want's to be popular in the near future.
Flash is dying. And if elements doesn't run on mobile devices, other games will be played instead. Simple as that.

I'm not quite sure I'd still put much effort into this project. Creating a new, awesome game from scratch based on a better technology seems to be more fun (and will look good in a portfolio too).
Weeeeell i wholeheartedly disagree with you. Many sites who use flash games as only topic receive a lot of views & use. If flash was becoming less interesting, there'd be a decrease in activity on those, which ain't happenning.

What most people don't seem to realise is that flash games are small, comfy games most of the time.
What people also don't seem to realise is that the aim of elements is not ''OMG THIS GAME IS SO GREAT I'M GONNA RECOMMEND IT TO MY FRIENDS OMG OMG OMG''. Just ''Hmm. Interesting.''

It's not meant to be popular, just meant to be.

TL;DR :
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Polari

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Polari is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg434019#msg434019
« Reply #925 on: December 02, 2011, 09:23:30 pm »
Flash isn't dying, but I agree the game could use a rewrite. You can't seriously think this game is well made from a technical perspective. Now whether this is a problem is subjective and like Jenkar said, it is what it is. Personally I can live with its faults as long as I avoid pvp and enjoy the game as a casual thing akin to Bejeweled or something, but in its current form there's no way I'd consider playing it competitively.

Offline sunyata

• Reputation Power: 1
  • sunyata is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Emptiness is all
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg434369#msg434369
« Reply #926 on: December 03, 2011, 11:20:08 am »
Flash isn't dying, but I agree the game could use a rewrite. You can't seriously think this game is well made from a technical perspective. Now whether this is a problem is subjective and like Jenkar said, it is what it is. Personally I can live with its faults as long as I avoid pvp and enjoy the game as a casual thing akin to Bejeweled or something, but in its current form there's no way I'd consider playing it competitively.
There's a large community of elements players who disagree and think the game is great.  That doesn't mean there is not scope to improve it, but generalised comments like this are simply not helpful.  If you can identify specific problems or, even better, solutions to those problems, then you have something worth saying. Otherwise, bland generalisations are no better than hot air.

On the subject of Flash.  There are signs that adobe will cease to support the platform over time.  Whether an open-source project will fill that void or whether an alternative platform will emerge supreme remains to be seen.  For the moment, flash is a reasonable choice of platform and given the large amount of developer time that has been dedicated to it already for elements there's certainly no rush to change.  If elements is still to be around in 5 to 10 years, however, a change of platform might need to be considered if the demise of flash really transpires.  If that is the case, then offers of help to transport elements to a new platform will be much more useful and interesting than simple 'I wouldn't have done it on flash' type comments.
The only thing of which I am certain is that I am certain of nothing

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg434397#msg434397
« Reply #927 on: December 03, 2011, 12:57:57 pm »
There's a large community of elements players who disagree and think the game is great.  That doesn't mean there is not scope to improve it, but generalised comments like this are simply not helpful.  If you can identify specific problems or, even better, solutions to those problems, then you have something worth saying. Otherwise, bland generalisations are no better than hot air.

On the subject of Flash.  There are signs that adobe will cease to support the platform over time.  Whether an open-source project will fill that void or whether an alternative platform will emerge supreme remains to be seen.  For the moment, flash is a reasonable choice of platform and given the large amount of developer time that has been dedicated to it already for elements there's certainly no rush to change.  If elements is still to be around in 5 to 10 years, however, a change of platform might need to be considered if the demise of flash really transpires.  If that is the case, then offers of help to transport elements to a new platform will be much more useful and interesting than simple 'I wouldn't have done it on flash' type comments.
About Flash: i understood that Adobe is working to make Adobe Flash produce HTML5 files instead of SWF files. I'm not sure about that, but it seems reasonable that Adobe wouldn't let down a large community of people that makes games, flash animations, cartoons, etc.

Offline Polari

• Polari is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg434553#msg434553
« Reply #928 on: December 03, 2011, 09:10:41 pm »

"There's a large community of elements players who disagree and think the game is great." Hurrrrrr durrrrrr. I specifically said "from a technically perspective" and even went on to say it's still an enjoyable game. Do you think it's "great", for example, that player vs player occasionally craps out and there's no way to tell whether there really was a glitch or if the opponent just decided to quit a losing game? Also you say "a large community of elements players" disagree, meaning they think it's a great game from a technical perspective - how can you be sure all of them really think that, and don't just like the game despite its problems?

Offline nerd1

• Reputation Power: 15
  • nerd1 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.nerd1 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.nerd1 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • kind of active
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg435324#msg435324
« Reply #929 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:14 pm »
as long as flash is still a viable platform elements will be played, and as tablet and phone power increase  with just a little tweaking it would be playable from an android phone or tablet because they can run flash, so it is just a matter of computing power.
The laziest elements player this side of one thousand posts.

silux

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg436485#msg436485
« Reply #930 on: December 08, 2011, 11:27:55 pm »
The thing which stops me more playing elements it's the slowness in general.
I have to wait at least ten seconds to modify my deck, and then almost one sec to add or subtract for every card.
In battles AI takes at least five seconds to make his choice, while i usually go in another tab to play another game and then i get back.
I'm sure this isn't Flash's fault, because i play it with a new and fast pc, and other games are faster than Elements

Offline Toxx

• Toxx is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Boredd
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg436502#msg436502
« Reply #931 on: December 09, 2011, 12:20:11 am »
The only thing that will stop me from playing elements is the lack of consistent updates, which this game has a  serious problem doing.

Offline Violenceisanart

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Violenceisanart is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg441945#msg441945
« Reply #932 on: December 23, 2011, 11:59:56 pm »
Just started playing around with Sose's and they're boss! lol Must have them upped though....they're great in rainbows. It's nice when Sose gives you the perfect card to use in a situation that you don't have the right card for....

Offline burpcow

• Reputation Power: 5
  • burpcow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • the duck has struck
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg442111#msg442111
« Reply #933 on: December 24, 2011, 08:18:50 am »
Just started playing around with Sose's and they're boss! lol Must have them upped though....they're great in rainbows. It's nice when Sose gives you the perfect card to use in a situation that you don't have the right card for....
Yep, it's always nice when SoSe gives you purify when you have over twenty poison counters.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg442124#msg442124
« Reply #934 on: December 24, 2011, 09:14:35 am »
It never happened to me but yeah I guess that must be good to have the good card when you need it. in few case I had hope to get some Antimatter because you're sure to get an entropy card but it never happened though. Still I remember some case when I had pandly it was quite helpfull
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg450972#msg450972
« Reply #935 on: January 21, 2012, 02:25:07 am »
In the new PvP system when you get an EM, what is the extra reward bonus, cause i dont think it doubles?
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

blarg: