*Author

Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263636#msg263636
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2011, 08:12:29 pm »
 ^-^
1.27! im so exited!
new things and so more new experience for deep strategy :D

elements is on way to be epic as it have to

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263670#msg263670
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2011, 09:29:37 pm »
Please mention the Reverse Time | Rewind art change and any others :D
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263827#msg263827
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2011, 02:01:59 am »
Giving more elements permanent control, eh? Nice. Why not :aether next? :P
I agree.  Aether desperately needs something, anything really.   So many indirect nerfs to aether lately, it hurts.  Only Tower shield will likely have any place in an aether deck.  Cards like mitosis and overdrive are almost totally unusable by aether.  Shockwave is now as good as lightning since, for the same cost, does 1 less direct damage but can also target opponent directly, destroy frozen weapons and insta-kill frozen creatures.  Yikes.  Skull buckler is horrible news for immortals/phase dragons given their high price and inability to multiply them.  (I did not forget about Silence--it's interesting, but overall pretty ho-hum.)
Skull buckler is almost completely useless against aether generally, but particularly against the dragons. It has a 1/12 chance of turning a phase dragon into a skeleton. That's practically insignificant. The reduced damage actually counts for more. It counts for something (not much) against immortals, but I'd hate this shield against aether generally without a lot of luck.
"Almost completely useless" is a pretty strong claim unless you're going to apply it to every shield that reduces 1 damage or less.  Nearly every other element will have the chance to do something with its skeleton (rewind, devour, bless, chaos power, mutate, adrenaline, cremate, luciferin, gravity force, momentum, basilisk blood, drain life, liquid shadow, or some combination of these) while aether will either:

A) not be able to do anything (if they're untargetable)
B) PU a skellie from a phase spider for 7 :aether but get no additional damage (since Buckler blocks the 1 damage a skellie provides,) or
C) fractal skellies that it cannot play (no death quanta) or would not play since, again, they do no additional damage.

# of attacks before "cumulative" chance of survival <50%
Spark: 1 (2 damage for no cost)
Phase spider: 3 (3 damage/turn for 3 :aether )
Immortal: 4 (3 damage/turn for 6 :aether)
Phase dragon: 8 (7 damage/turn for 13 :aether )
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263992#msg263992
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2011, 06:20:27 am »
I know it's a minor nitpick, but my ruleslawyer brain can't stand to not correct it: that last table needs to say "# of attacks before the cumulative chance of survival <50%".  Because the chance of survival on any given turn is always the same.

:)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg264011#msg264011
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2011, 07:27:46 am »
I agree.  Aether desperately needs something, anything really.   So many indirect nerfs to aether lately, it hurts.  Only Tower shield will likely have any place in an aether deck.  Cards like mitosis and overdrive are almost totally unusable by aether.  Shockwave is now as good as lightning since, for the same cost, does 1 less direct damage but can also target opponent directly, destroy frozen weapons and insta-kill frozen creatures.  Yikes.  Skull buckler is horrible news for immortals/phase dragons given their high price and inability to multiply them.  (I did not forget about Silence--it's interesting, but overall pretty ho-hum.)
Skull buckler is almost completely useless against aether generally, but particularly against the dragons. It has a 1/12 chance of turning a phase dragon into a skeleton. That's practically insignificant. The reduced damage actually counts for more. It counts for something (not much) against immortals, but I'd hate this shield against aether generally without a lot of luck.
"Almost completely useless" is a pretty strong claim unless you're going to apply it to every shield that reduces 1 damage or less.  Nearly every other element will have the chance to do something with its skeleton (rewind, devour, bless, chaos power, mutate, adrenaline, cremate, luciferin, gravity force, momentum, basilisk blood, drain life, liquid shadow, or some combination of these) while aether will either:

B) PU a skellie from a phase spider for 7 :aether but get no additional damage (since Buckler blocks the 1 damage a skellie provides,) or
C) fractal skellies that it cannot play (no death quanta) or would not play since, again, they do no additional damage.

# of attacks before chance of survival <50%
So, you have a skeleton on the field. Big deal. Biy the same argument you could say Aether received a big buff when Alfatoxin came out, because it has little to none targetable creatures. I still don't see the reason for this massive panic or the "huge nerf"
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Time_lord_victorius

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Time_lord_victorius is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm not the Doctor, I'm Victorius
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg264416#msg264416
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2011, 12:43:22 am »
Question: when is update coming out?
-Education is an admirable thing. But it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

-A true friend stabs you in the front
Oscar Wilde

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg264687#msg264687
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2011, 01:10:54 pm »
Question: when is update coming out?
Answer: When it's ready.

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg264852#msg264852
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2011, 06:26:43 pm »

# of attacks before chance of survival <50%
So, you have a skeleton on the field. Big deal. Biy the same argument you could say Aether received a big buff when Alfatoxin came out, because it has little to none targetable creatures. I still don't see the reason for this massive panic or the "huge nerf"
There is no massive panic or "huge nerf" from the Buckler by itself--any new card or buff will change the balance of power slightly and that's not a problem.  It disproportionally affects aether more than most other elements, and that by itself is okay.   The point of my original post was the accumulation of recent changes and card additions puts aether in a weaker position overall.  There has been no overhaul for :aether cards like, for example, :light has recently received (crusader (new), solar shield buff, luciferin buff, light nymph buff) to offset some of these changes.

At this point I've stated a case for aether, so I won't belabor this any further.
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg264950#msg264950
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2011, 08:42:46 pm »
To be fair,  :aether got silence. Also, mindgate limits how much another element can pull ahead of  :aether.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

nthieu1995

Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg265349#msg265349
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2011, 07:14:19 am »
      Wow,their is a lot of chance.When i can play Elements 1.27?I don't understand how the God of the Past work.Can you explain me more?

Offline Stickmasterluke

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Stickmasterluke is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • :D!
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg265351#msg265351
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2011, 07:22:15 am »
Woooo
This should be good. :D

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg265401#msg265401
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2011, 10:53:30 am »
There has been no overhaul for :aether cards like, for example, :light has recently received (crusader (new), solar shield buff, luciferin buff, light nymph buff) to offset some of these changes.
In my opinion it was nerfing Nymph...
Was 9/9 - Is 1/9
Was 0  :light for Luciferin, - Is 4  :light
Was 8 :light for Nymph - Is 9 :light for Nymph

I know, that now Nymph can heal, but I lost 8 damage, and 4  :light per turn... So it wasn't buff...

anything
blarg: