*Author

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263529#msg263529
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 03:09:40 pm »
Giving more elements permanent control, eh? Nice. Why not :aether next? :P

Great patch as always. Can't wait to try out Mitosis.
You must have  :darkness for Voodoo Doll
 :gravity for GravityForce
 :air for Shockwave
 :water for Ice Bolt (and You must freeze Doll)

So You must use 4 cards, 4 elements to say that Shockwave is for PC... What is the sense of this change? Steal is easier, and You don't need othercards. Explosion the same...

In my opinion Shockwave should destroy Shields, IceBolt freeze weapons, and this duo is already good.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263537#msg263537
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 03:24:43 pm »

So You must use 4 cards, 4 elements to say that Shockwave is for PC... What is the sense of this change? Steal is easier, and You don't need othercards. Explosion the same...

In my opinion Shockwave should destroy Shields, IceBolt freeze weapons, and this duo is already good.
No... Ice Bolt can freeze the weapon now... you only need 2 elements...

Target opponent with Ice Bolt, his weapon freezes, and you use shockwave....
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263538#msg263538
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 03:24:54 pm »

Now that you can freeze weapons with Ice Lance, you no longer need a VooDoo, so the combo can be pulled off with just :air and :water .

EDIT:: Ninja'd by BluePriest. >.>

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263547#msg263547
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 03:39:28 pm »
Ooo, I tried this at the morning and it doesn't work ;) So now is better change, but still Explosion is much better than this combo...

Can we target Shields now by IceBolt/Shockwave or still no? Maybe Shockwave should destroy Shields/or Permaments...

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263548#msg263548
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 03:42:35 pm »
Ooo, I tried this at the morning and it doesn't work ;) So now is better change, but still Explosion is much better than this combo...

Can we target Shields now by IceBolt/Shockwave or still no? Maybe Shockwave should destroy Shields/or Permaments...
This combo can break weapons that are protected.
Also not everyone is in the position to use explosions or steals, this just gives the game more posibilities, especially to the air and water element.

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263552#msg263552
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 03:46:40 pm »
I understand, but You know that combo isn't so good as simply card. When You have water deck, You probably haven't got Shockwave... When You play Air deck, You haven't got IceBolt. So in my opinion these cards aren't good PC. What is more, we can only destroy weapon. What can we do with Shields, EH, SoG etc...

Also remember, that You must have this 2 cards in hand, not only in deck ;) Buff is good, but I think that this should work better...

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263555#msg263555
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 03:54:30 pm »
Also remember, that You must have this 2 cards in hand, not only in deck ;) Buff is good, but I think that this should work better...
Also remember, this is a buff. The card does 4 damage to target, that's what it has always done. Now it get's an extra buff.
This change increases the versatility of the element and the game itself. Also it increases the synergy between different elements. Also the combo is not as hard to pull off as you put it.

Btw, Neptune who is currently a walkover has both ice lance and shockwave.

**edit**
Let's use this post for that discussion, don't wanna ruin this thread :D
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20717.12/topicseen.html

Offline Neopergoss

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Neopergoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263564#msg263564
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 04:21:12 pm »
I agree.  Aether desperately needs something, anything really.   So many indirect nerfs to aether lately, it hurts.  Only Tower shield will likely have any place in an aether deck.  Cards like mitosis and overdrive are almost totally unusable by aether.  Shockwave is now as good as lightning since, for the same cost, does 1 less direct damage but can also target opponent directly, destroy frozen weapons and insta-kill frozen creatures.  Yikes.  Skull buckler is horrible news for immortals/phase dragons given their high price and inability to multiply them.  (I did not forget about Silence--it's interesting, but overall pretty ho-hum.)
Skull buckler is almost completely useless against aether generally, but particularly against the dragons. It has a 1/12 chance of turning a phase dragon into a skeleton. That's practically insignificant. The reduced damage actually counts for more. It counts for something (not much) against immortals, but I'd hate this shield against aether generally without a lot of luck.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263565#msg263565
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 04:27:43 pm »
These changes are great. :O The Shockwave one especially.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263585#msg263585
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 05:16:16 pm »
Epic. Update. Epic.
I would bet this update would make the game more fun :)
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Time_lord_victorius

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Time_lord_victorius is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm not the Doctor, I'm Victorius
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263600#msg263600
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 05:56:21 pm »
i hope that anubis will get a change of ability in next update
-Education is an admirable thing. But it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

-A true friend stabs you in the front
Oscar Wilde

Kael Hate

Re: Elements 1.27 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20703.msg263608#msg263608
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 06:25:50 pm »
...which does nothing at all.  Which means it's superfluous and serves only to mess up Crusaders.  Which makes it a bug.
It is not a bug. Its working as designed.

I highly doubt that Zanz deliberately chose to have a skill in the game that literally does nothing except take up space.
All weapons and shields have a skill, even if that skill does nothing.

Look at diamond Shield, Titanium Shield, Tower Shield they all have the Shield skill which does nothing. Longsword has sword under it which does nothing. It is as designed. If the weapon or shield does nothing special then it gets a skill that does such.

As for crusader imagine it like a sapphire charger. The charger has momentum written under his box but it means nothing, its the little momentum dot that gives him the ability to walk through shields not the word. If the Crusader has Sword written under his name he has the Attack bonus of a weapon and nothing else. It is as designed, its not a bug.

blarg: