*Author

funplay

Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg228817#msg228817
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2010, 12:42:12 am »
decks mostly revealed...http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17902.msg243725#msg243725

i think some are pretty strong and are probably quite a problem for absolute newbies^^

oh, if somebody could post that blessed crusader deck? it just wont face me...:(

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg228970#msg228970
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2010, 05:34:14 am »
Two things.

1. Upgraded Sundial buff is not mentioned on the thread.

2. Unupgraded Light Nymph is also Light Nymph. Seeing the naming scheme of most other nymphs, I think it has to be White Nymph as it was before 1.26. I'm assuming that this is a mistake by zanz.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg228974#msg228974
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2010, 05:41:55 am »
Two things.

2. Unupgraded Light Nymph is also Light Nymph. Seeing the naming scheme of most other nymphs, I think it has to be White Nymph as it was before 1.26. I'm assuming that this is a mistake by zanz.
Elements 1.26 Patch notes.

New cards:
- Schrödinger's cat
- Soul Catcher
- Crusader
- Silence
- Sky Blitz
- Cloak
- Catapult

Bug Fix:
- Voodoo Doll Effects are immediately applied for both the AI and the player (AI effect was delayed before, causing desynch)
- Empathic Bond recoded: it is not the creature doing the healing anymore, it is now the empathic bond card, and it does it only if healing is needed
- Dive does not cancel antimatter anymore
- Adrenaline effect should now stack properly with the scramble(discord) and the dissipation field effects
- Fahrenheit and other weapons with an atk bonus do not attack anymore if frozen/delayed
- Pendulum random limit removed
- AI can use graveyard even when the player's field is full

Balance:
Empathic Bond cost reduced to 5/4
Colossal Dragon Stats increased to 7/15
Massive dragon cost reduced to 11
Fractal cost increased to 10/9 (no, you can not whine, it is still ridiculously good)
Solar Shield now generates light quanta while absorbing damage - cost increased to 3/2
Chimera cost reduced to 7/6
Stoneskin cap increased to 75HP
Steam Machine gains 5 charges per turn instead of 4
Unupgraded Steam Machine stats reduced to 0/6
Luciferin/luciferase effect added: "heal yourself for up to 10HP's"
Luciferin/luciferase cost increased to 2/1 generic quanta

Light nymph:
cost:9
stats: 1/9
skill cost:4 (3 if upgraded)

Nymph queen stats increased to 1/3 - 1/4
Grey Nymph skill cost decreased to 1. Stats increased to 0/4 - 0/7
Upgraded Sundial skill cost reduced to 1

AI5 has 30% in upgraded cards now

Interface:
Modified "you lost" screen.
Added turns and time statistics to the "you won" / "you lost" screens
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Troh

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Troh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Beginners League 2/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229004#msg229004
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2010, 07:12:36 am »
1. Changing Bond is really a pain in the ass for those who hunts EM when fighting FG :(. But at least i think now the game is running faster when the table is full ( a problem that i have on my desktop that is a slower machine).

2. Zanzarino you really must focus on Desync problems. I prefer no more cards for 3 months but the problem with desyncs solved. Last tourney sucked hard due too massive desyncs. People here get most of fun from pvp ( tourney, war, etc) but desyncs are bringing lots of paranoya that you were cheated and etc.

3. The closing screen is pretty annoying but i think i'll get used :)

Goscar

Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229009#msg229009
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2010, 07:37:01 am »
ARRRRGGGG Crusader can't be used with morning star  >:( please make it so it uses your weapon instead of target weapon  :).

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229010#msg229010
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2010, 07:39:15 am »
ARRRRGGGG Crusader can't be used with morning star  >:( please make it so it uses your weapon instead of target weapon  :).
Then you couldn't use it with flown weapons, which is possibly a much better advantage here.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229043#msg229043
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:47 am »
Nice update for Christmas!

I can't believe people are complaining so much about their precious little EM's... If you've been around for a while, you really don't need all the money. Besides you can still EM quite often. Also, 1 extra  :aether for fractal? Not the end of the world. There was a lot won in other areas.

I always like new cards, gives you more to try strategies out. It's totally revitalizing the game. I don't know if they'll fit in any of my decks right now, but I'll be building others. Also I like every element is on 13 cards at least now. Hopefully the next stop is 14 for all. Even with the new cards, light and aether are still running low! That is, unless if you count miracle for light, but then the squid and the pharaoh also count, making life and aether the sad pandas with 13 choices only. (not counting rare weapon) While those are not really my elements, I think they deserve something. After all fractal is one of the most used, but you barely see it in aether because it drains all the aether.  :))

I hope the catapult will do something for gravity, though I still need to see how it works. I do like it people try to add new cards and develop unique strategies. If every element already had 2 midrange attackers and some good CC, we could throw the elements away. Everything would be the same. Now it's an everlasting struggle to see which strategy balances the other out.

Merry Christmas.

Day
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

itsnick

Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229065#msg229065
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2010, 11:48:54 am »
First, let me say that the majority of changes and additions with the issue look quite good.  Unfortunately, my positive response is heavily tempered by the alterations to Empathic/Feral Bond.  Those of you not wishing to read (yet another) rant on this topic, please disregard the rest of the post.
Otherwise (rant on):

Well, heck, the Quest For Electrum has gotten even slower and more grindtastic now that Empathic/Feral Bond's operations have been changed.  With the 'during the turn' functioning, Elemental Mastery was, of course, much more accessible, allowing for greater gains... this is a change that (as noted) hasn't altered actual gameplay at all, just reduced the potential rewards for gameplay.  To put it another way, I will win the same number of games, with the same tactics, and by the same margin, I'll just get less for doing so.

Lovely.
Thanks for the change - I really didn't like getting rewarded for winning that much, anyway.  I think the playerbase will agree that toning down rewards is a good way of motivating players.

Right?

I'm so with you. My two main decks are pretty versatile and have been able to handle all the latest changes anyway, but over the course of a few games I'll end up with about half the electrum I used to.

So what's the point of this change?

Daxx

Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229073#msg229073
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2010, 12:18:58 pm »
So what's the point of this change?
It fixes some relatively serious bugs.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229154#msg229154
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2010, 03:37:33 pm »
Two things.

Elements 1.26 Patch notes.

New cards:
- Schrödinger's cat
- Soul Catcher
- Crusader
- Silence
- Sky Blitz
- Cloak
- Catapult

Bug Fix:
- Voodoo Doll Effects are immediately applied for both the AI and the player (AI effect was delayed before, causing desynch)
- Empathic Bond recoded: it is not the creature doing the healing anymore, it is now the empathic bond card, and it does it only if healing is needed
- Dive does not cancel antimatter anymore
- Adrenaline effect should now stack properly with the scramble(discord) and the dissipation field effects
- Fahrenheit and other weapons with an atk bonus do not attack anymore if frozen/delayed
- Pendulum random limit removed
- AI can use graveyard even when the player's field is full

Balance:
Empathic Bond cost reduced to 5/4
Colossal Dragon Stats increased to 7/15
Massive dragon cost reduced to 11
Fractal cost increased to 10/9 (no, you can not whine, it is still ridiculously good)
Solar Shield now generates light quanta while absorbing damage - cost increased to 3/2
Chimera cost reduced to 7/6
Stoneskin cap increased to 75HP
Steam Machine gains 5 charges per turn instead of 4
Unupgraded Steam Machine stats reduced to 0/6
Luciferin/luciferase effect added: "heal yourself for up to 10HP's"
Luciferin/luciferase cost increased to 2/1 generic quanta

Light nymph:
cost:9
stats: 1/9
skill cost:4 (3 if upgraded)

Nymph queen stats increased to 1/3 - 1/4
Grey Nymph skill cost decreased to 1. Stats increased to 0/4 - 0/7
Upgraded Sundial skill cost reduced to 1

AI5 has 30% in upgraded cards now

Interface:
Modified "you lost" screen.
Added turns and time statistics to the "you won" / "you lost" screens
Okay fine I got dyslexic.. but it's true that White Nymph became Light Nymph :(
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229159#msg229159
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2010, 03:48:55 pm »
Seriously. most people agree that huntig foor EMs is actually a slower way of gaining  :electrum I wish people would stop complaining about it. If you wannt to complain about bond, complain that creatures that die that turn dont count towards healing.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

upnincs

Re: Elements 1.26 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17535.msg229222#msg229222
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2010, 04:58:58 pm »
The most awesome update since like 2 years. I attribute this mostly to the original and sharply designed new cards which I'm looking forward to use (unlike the last dozen). Thanks!

blarg: