*Author

zac80

Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46016#msg46016
« Reply #252 on: March 31, 2010, 09:39:01 am »
What does the small green indicator mean left of my cards? It blinks red when I draw a card.
It would be nice to have a real version history maintained, with all fixed bugs, new features, etc. listed.

K667

Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46017#msg46017
« Reply #253 on: March 31, 2010, 09:52:39 am »
First post, and here we go.

First of all I'd like to thank the developer for the anti-mulligan block, although it makes Supernova variants of Rainbow that much harder to set up, it's a good idea.
Second, I'll be cliche'd by saying that the nerfing of most of the key cards for FG killing was a terribad idea.
Let's say that with the old set, an average FG farming deck had about 60% win percentage. I thought this was pretty bad to begin with, since I found myself often scooping on the 3d or 4th turn against the harder gods which shouldn't be necessary in a decent card game (I've played Magic, Pokemon and YuGiOh as well...).

Basically, every solid and consistent (upgraded) deck needs to be able to stand a chance and win. FGs advantages makes this very unlikely. You need some sort of drawpower to keep up with his 2x swarm ability, some sort of healing for his 200 vs your 100 HP, and a LOT of quantums to keep up with a 3x mark and 100% upped towers. From these stats ALONE, one can already conclude that a Rainbow deck is pretty much the necessary way to face these guys, assisted by Hourglasses and Eternity to help against the massive deck size they can have. This leaves many, possibly competitive decks out of the question. Especially consistency.

But why nerf the only 2 good cards that made me stand a chance against FGs? Ever since Hourglass and Eternity were nerfed, this game has been less fun for me. I never liked playing FGs in the first place, in the way that I did not find them "challenging", the only word that came to mind was "unfair". Sure, it's nice when I manage to beat them, but that's only because I could gain field control on the first few turns. Basically, no deck can consistently do this since you need too many forms of control against all the cards the FG plays.

Aka there is no way to fight these guys skillfully. Therefore this game has lost my interest and without a doubt the interest of many other people. I might still play PVP and AI3 because those are actually fun to face.

Lied

Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46018#msg46018
« Reply #254 on: March 31, 2010, 09:54:47 am »
What does the small green indicator mean left of my cards? It blinks red when I draw a card.
From the first page of this thread:

Bug Fix:
- Blessing/Dive should now stack properly
- Arctic Squid is treated as rare in the bazaar
- A small green/red light appeared close to the cards in the hand. Players can not play more cards while the light is red, this will prevent several overlapping effects and bugs. When this happened in pvp it also caused desync.
Side effect: players have to wait for all the effects to be resolved.
It would be nice to have a real version history maintained, with all fixed bugs, new features, etc. listed.
This thread is in the "Patch Notes and Development News" forums which seems to be exactly what you're talking about...

zac80

Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46019#msg46019
« Reply #255 on: March 31, 2010, 09:58:56 am »
Thanks for pointing it out, I overlooked it.

This thread is in the "Patch Notes and Development News" forums which seems to be exactly what you're talking about...
Yeah, exactly...
That's why CB! maintains a list of changes on a different thread.

oorenotsoo

Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46037#msg46037
« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2010, 11:04:36 am »
I'm pretty sure I played an AI3 with a hope shield.

Clathius

Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46216#msg46216
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2010, 06:06:20 pm »
These forums have waaaaaay too many daughter forums and many are redundant.   It is too hard to keep up with everything unless you are willing to check 2 dozen sub forums each visit.

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46235#msg46235
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2010, 06:55:34 pm »
Second, I'll be cliche'd by saying that the nerfing of most of the key cards for FG killing was a terribad idea.
I also thought the nerfing would hurt my non-rainbow deck (I'm running a mono :darkness FWIW) and I was not pleased to see the cost of Steal going up.  The deck is designed for AI3 grinding and not FG or T50, but I have not seen it hurt at all.  If anything, it's gotten better.  I've posted the stats in the deck forums:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4455.msg51883#msg51883
Bring back Holy Cow!

Kurohami

Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46242#msg46242
« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2010, 07:38:38 pm »
For a mono deck, that cost increase would not really matter, but for dual trio or rainbow, where quanta are diverse into several elements, these nerfing hurts quite a lot. In rainbow it really takes some tough luck in the beginning for the quantum pillars to generate enough quanta of the needed element, the difference of 1 quantum will often cause delay of several turns, which will prove fatal lots of the times against False Gods. In addition, many vital cards in rainbow decks are nerfed instead of just steal for your mono darkness deck.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46324#msg46324
« Reply #260 on: March 31, 2010, 10:56:44 pm »
Kind of a random thought, but shouldn't Ash (Elite) cost 2 just like Minor Phoenix does?
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46330#msg46330
« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2010, 11:03:57 pm »
For a mono deck, that cost increase would not really matter, but for dual trio or rainbow, where quanta are diverse into several elements, these nerfing hurts quite a lot. In rainbow it really takes some tough luck in the beginning for the quantum pillars to generate enough quanta of the needed element, the difference of 1 quantum will often cause delay of several turns, which will prove fatal lots of the times against False Gods. In addition, many vital cards in rainbow decks are nerfed instead of just steal for your mono darkness deck.
I'll grant you that when fighting FG decks, any delay can be quite costly--that's why I prefaced the comments by pointing out the deck was designed for AI3.  But a monodeck like mine has only 1 option for permanent control, whereas a rainbow (or duo-/tri-) decks can have multiple options, like deflag/earthquake/pulvy. so an argument can be made that a nerf like this hurts the mono deck more than a rainbow since there are other options.
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46600#msg46600
« Reply #262 on: April 01, 2010, 01:38:54 pm »
I also think that nerfing cards is going to be bad to FG killer decks, but also very bad to all other decks. And my point is, why is zanz doing that? A card like Steal is very very used and a card like Stone Skin is almost not used. Why? The answer is the cards costs? Of course its not, most important is the card effect.

He buffs Stone Skin to a cost of 1 when upgraded, but its a silly effort. Having a great amount of  :earth is not the point of any deck, and in fact, it will hardly gives you the victory.

At other hand, how many times you have lost due to opponent shield / weapon? And the single non-rare cards that have low costs and can handle with enemy shield / weapon are steal and deflagration. Im sure that most decks that use darkness use steal, because its difficult having a better way to control enemy permanents. And its strange Steal is very used? Of course its still used in rainbow decks, and because of this, even more used. Increasing its cost by 1 will make it less used? Maybe a little bit, but will still be very used, because its effect is simply great.

So, if zanz idea is to make all cards used at same amounts (and it seems that its his goal, because hes nerfing used cards and buffing almost non used cards), he will get an epic fail, because the cards effects will determine that. So whats the point?

If a card is not being used, maybe its good having a buff, but its not necessary. This game is still on beggining, and surely will get tons of new cards, when maybe a forgotten card can become the key at a popular deck (looks like Hope can do that to Luciferin).

If a card is being used, its a good card, it has a good effect, just this. Nerfing all used cards is not necessary, nor welcome. In fact, FG should thank zanz a lot after an upgrade like this, when he makes worse our little tools to beat then. Because we need to get that stupid electrum hourglass and pay to have a card advantage they have by start, for example, and now its more difficult. And we need cards like Steal to have a chance against like 20 gods different strategies, but its also harder now.

Guys, every card game needs powerfull cards. If a card is powerfull, make it harder to get, like the rare cards in the M:tG packs. I dont think almost all cards shouldnt be available in bazaar, but how about higher prices for the good ones? Dragons are usually most expensive ones, and have low use. Maybe remove the most used cards from the spins. What do you think?

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.21 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4066.msg46621#msg46621
« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2010, 02:06:35 pm »
I also think that nerfing cards is going to be bad to FG killer decks, but also very bad to all other decks. And my point is, why is zanz doing that? A card like Steal is very very used and a card like Stone Skin is almost not used. Why? The answer is the cards costs? Of course its not, most important is the card effect.

He buffs Stone Skin to a cost of 1 when upgraded, but its a silly effort. Having a great amount of  :earth is not the point of any deck, and in fact, it will hardly gives you the victory.

At other hand, how many times you have lost due to opponent shield / weapon? And the single non-rare cards that have low costs and can handle with enemy shield / weapon are steal and deflagration. Im sure that most decks that use darkness use steal, because its difficult having a better way to control enemy permanents. And its strange Steal is very used? Of course its still used in rainbow decks, and because of this, even more used. Increasing its cost by 1 will make it less used? Maybe a little bit, but will still be very used, because its effect is simply great.

So, if zanz idea is to make all cards used at same amounts (and it seems that its his goal, because hes nerfing used cards and buffing almost non used cards), he will get an epic fail, because the cards effects will determine that. So whats the point?

If a card is not being used, maybe its good having a buff, but its not necessary. This game is still on beggining, and surely will get tons of new cards, when maybe a forgotten card can become the key at a popular deck (looks like Hope can do that to Luciferin).

If a card is being used, its a good card, it has a good effect, just this. Nerfing all used cards is not necessary, nor welcome. In fact, FG should thank zanz a lot after an upgrade like this, when he makes worse our little tools to beat then. Because we need to get that stupid electrum hourglass and pay to have a card advantage they have by start, for example, and now its more difficult. And we need cards like Steal to have a chance against like 20 gods different strategies, but its also harder now.

Guys, every card game needs powerfull cards. If a card is powerfull, make it harder to get, like the rare cards in the M:tG packs. I dont think almost all cards shouldnt be available in bazaar, but how about higher prices for the good ones? Dragons are usually most expensive ones, and have low use. Maybe remove the most used cards from the spins. What do you think?
even if it cost 1000 electrum, it would only temporarily delay the new people. everyone else would be able to get it easily. the fact of the matter is, cost wont stop someone from getting a card, if its good enough, they will be able to save up to hae 6 of them in no time. Stone skin isnt very good, but thats because the whole point of earth being a high defensive deck, isnt done by the players, it makes a much better rush deck than defensive. The creatures have a ton of HP, yes, but that doesnt stop your opponent from destroying you. And The shiled is also sorta pathetic, even upgraded. 3 damage is great and all to prevent, but most people will be able to easily get around that... its usually no game changer unlike phase shield or dusk mantle, or permafrostt shield.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

anything
blarg: