*Author

Active members:
Demagog(1) Spielkind(1) Dragoon(1) Ohmega(1) lehomard2(1) xingbing1(1) jerfle(1) Grunion(1) yeehaw(1) eszkis(1) Destrial(1) YoYoBro(1) fleetze(1) Lucifear(1) tyranim(1) teffy(1) mightyhat(1) haparas(1) ftbhrygvn(1) mafidufa(1) oorenotsoo(1) Wu_Li_Mammoth(1) Krzysiek K.(1) redjag(1) Antysiw(1) ajm6(1) bigbadbanana(1) fatelovesyou(1) hermantheowl(1) chimto(1) macgawel(1) Anh(1) Thalas(1) ackermiv(1) torchman(1) spcialbean(1) Drawckab(1) Kameda(1) Dreadshadow(1) Bacchus(1) Kent(1) Xoff(1) stop(1) K667(1) danieldubois(1) ItzSean(1) Lordpants(1) CB!(1) jo_jo_the_joker(1) ManOfManySpoons(1) xxxdeathxxx(1) jigga456(1) hello5666(1) didonko(1) dragonhuman(1) 918273645(1) Dam Mael(1) binde22(1) UsernameLife(1) ArcanisX(1) Darer(1) the dictator(1) Takeno_ita(1) BadWolfskin(1) sSethia(1) burne(1) the Sage(1) squishyone(1) P-e-K(1) Gyrodiot(1) trozman(1) kobisjeruk(1) Sengiratolom(1) windraker(1) Ifailgood(1) thekillergame(1) catalyzeme(1) PlayerOa(1) Karak(1) Mattman27007(1) Bird man(1) Gerontius(1) Immolation(1) andrebo(1) kri(1) Hotshot2k4(1) geekz_always_win(1) lolicjj(1) Chronophasic(1) CrazyJay94(1) BatCountry(1) lokiburn4(1) grindpower(1) mrwackjob1(1) pterror09(1) puppy33333(1) 7wavemaster(1) cambovenzi(1) unknown89089(1) Sodomir(1) BloodlinE(1) donkeyslap(1) Noobiecakes(1) zzz123(1) badivan1(1) tttt(1) jumpoffduck(1) funerallaughter(1) Malignant(1) choongmyoung(1) tdog0001(1) Imperator Feles(1) scauduro221095(1) Kiebur(1) omegareaper7(1) Bulrog(1) Tom Bombadil(1) Ravensvoice(1) FSK(1) funplay(1) derele(1) pervepic(1) axel1989(1) Chapuz(1) iCall_uHobo(1) Solarias(1) Nyxtegida(1) Naesala(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) RagingAlien(1) bogtro(1) Rastafla(1) avantasia666(1) Evil Hamster(2) deadwolf(2) xdude(2) Getawu2(2) Ghoststalker(2) unionruler(2) Kurohami(2) Boingo(2) Suuper(2) PhuzzY LogiK(2) Marvaddin(2) linkcat(2) Mastermind79(2) Stockholm(2) sbluen(2) tyedyeguy(2) lava golem(2) kurathedog(2) agentflare(2) ddevans96(2) ak65ala(2) ArtCrusade(2) Wynden(2) Kakerlake(2) silux(2) qui(2) Marcus Impudite(2) Elementalicious(2) TheForbiddenOracle(2) DeathPanda1(2) wavedash(2) Terrilocks(2) Rainbowninja(2) russianspy1234(2) Xenocidius(2) Kardo(2) Jocko(2) chriskang(3) bobcamel(3) Scaredgirl(3) Terroking(3) Delreich(3) Celyka(3) Glitch(3) edunavas(3) -Samura-(3) Wisemage(3) alienorigin(3) Belthazar666(3) Ashebrethafe(3) miniwally(3) MaxMilen(3) trisk22(3) olop4444(3) The_Mormegil(3) nerd1(3) 18237(3) Onizuka(3) parasite99(3) jmizzle7(4) zac80(4) BluePriest(4) DrunkDestroyer(4) doublecross(4) Bloodshadow(5) bojengles77(5) Hodari(5) Assassine(5) rowcla(5) Znork(5) Nume(6) deepdown(6) Bhlewos(6) Avenger(7) PuppyChow(7) coinich(7) finkel(7) EvaRia(7) Chromatophore(7) Eleahen(7) killsdazombies(8) Xinef(8) Colloray(8) UndeadSpider1990(8) calindu(8) smuglapse(9) morningstar(10) Genuinous(10) Essence(12) Ant-n-ero(13) Higurashi(14) dragonsdemesne(18)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg374215#msg374215
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2011, 07:38:34 am »
Also shouldnt the AI try to destroy or remove creatures from play or even counter antimatter in some way?
I've seen it use Antimatter to counter Antimatter, and to Cremate/Immolate its antimattered creatures, but I've never seen it use any other tricks, like freezing or killing them with something else such as fire lance.

Nyxtegida

Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg375437#msg375437
« Reply #481 on: August 04, 2011, 11:31:08 am »
There are more than enough cases to justify me pronouncing AI as Artificial Incompetance.  :D
But mostly I've seen it in the arena where I was trying to make a really simple deck and testing against another to avoid the upcoming mistakes of the AI, 
like fractal a low attack power creature while having only 3 empty hand slots, or using explosion to destroy one out of 4 pillars instead of a golden hourglass...
I had this idea (or more likely a programmer's nightmare :p), to add for the arena an algorithm for each arena deck submitter to be able to "train" her/his deck,
by statistically altering the cases each card is played, like what cards are down, on hand, quanta etc.
By playing with the would-be-submitted deck a few to plenty games, one could change the behaviour of the AI playing this particular deck.
It's just an idea to see more complex and efficient decks on the arena to work as they supposed to.

Though if there's a case elements AI turns into skynet or something, I'd gladly stay with the retarded one :D

Offline Eleahen

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Eleahen is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Всем привет
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg376305#msg376305
« Reply #482 on: August 06, 2011, 11:34:39 am »
Casting Basilisk Blood on RoL is usually a waste.
Currently AI doesn't take it into account.

Delaying a RoL won't take away it's quanta generation, and it's default attack is too low to be a threat.
Possibly applies to Gemfinders and Damselflies.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg376314#msg376314
« Reply #483 on: August 06, 2011, 12:20:20 pm »
Also shouldnt the AI try to destroy or remove creatures from play or even counter antimatter in some way?
I've seen it use Antimatter to counter Antimatter, and to Cremate/Immolate its antimattered creatures, but I've never seen it use any other tricks, like freezing or killing them with something else such as fire lance.
Ai mutate them.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg376316#msg376316
« Reply #484 on: August 06, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »
Ai mutate them.
Yep, it Antimatters, cremates and mutates them, and also flings them with Catapult (damn you, Osiris).
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Znork

Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg377004#msg377004
« Reply #485 on: August 07, 2011, 10:56:29 pm »
I had a stack of two Quantum Towers.  AI cast Explosion on a tower and then Quicksand on the remaining tower, thereby wasting an explosion.
I had 8 Lava Golems out -  all were 5/1. The AI then Ice Bolts one, freezes another and finally uses Rain of Fire on the whole lot.

Maybe there should be a rule: If AI is going to use spells that hit all enemy creatures, it should play those first?

Znork

Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg377017#msg377017
« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2011, 11:35:51 pm »
Here's a problem I don't know how to fix, but it's there:

I'm playing an :water :earth Half-Blood. - the mark is  :earth X3. The AI gets a near perfect start and mine is not great. Before I get to do anything but play 3 quantum pillars, the AI whips out the Trident. AI has to wait a round before using it. I did not have the option of Enchanting the pillars. In the next round AI then chooses to go for the Pulverizer instead, replacing the Trident without even using it (the use of 3  :earth would have made the switch impossible).

Now, I realize that to most players the Pulverizer is a stronger, more versatile weapon than the Trident. And I'm guessing that that's what the AI has been told to think as well. But in this case the Trident could have denied me of quantum (I only had quantum pillars - the AI didn't know that, of course) and finished me.

Anyway... when AI is playing  :water :earth and comes up with the only card that ties the two elements together - it should stick to it instead of playing a Pulverizer and not having any  :gravity to fuel it.

Don't know how to fix it at all - but the defeat would have been kind of cool. Total ownage.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg377140#msg377140
« Reply #487 on: August 08, 2011, 08:08:33 am »
Heh, so it would've. Currently the AI simply plays over a permanent with a more expensive one when it can. That means it does so for Shields as well. However, you will also find it can play a cheaper permanent over a more expensive one if it has a more expensive one to play over that right away. That's why you'll sometimes see the AI play Bone Wall, Dim Shield, Bone Wall. Truly moronic.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg377152#msg377152
« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2011, 08:33:00 am »
Heh, so it would've. Currently the AI simply plays over a permanent with a more expensive one when it can. That means it does so for Shields as well. However, you will also find it can play a cheaper permanent over a more expensive one if it has a more expensive one to play over that right away. That's why you'll sometimes see the AI play Bone Wall, Dim Shield, Bone Wall. Truly moronic.
Actually, that special behaviour is only for Dim/Phase Shield, I believe - it plays it over anything.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg377819#msg377819
« Reply #489 on: August 09, 2011, 08:00:45 am »
In arena, came up (twice) against a time/gravity deck with Dune Scorpion, Unstoppable, and Pharaoh.  The AI prefers to target Pharaoh and Scarabs with Unstoppable before the scorpions, and will only play it on a scorpion if it's the last or only choice.  The funniest part of it was that the deck is now 39-2, and I gave it both the losses because of the AI priority; almost certainly would've lost both otherwise.  Not sure what happened to the other 39 people... maybe it didn't draw any pharaohs so it actually played the unstoppable scorpion combo!

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg379007#msg379007
« Reply #490 on: August 11, 2011, 10:10:41 am »
I've got a really good one this time :p

AI was kicking my ass with a Pest that had Butterfly Effect.  Later in the game, the AI decided to use its Dark Nymph to give that pest the vampire ability!  :P

Offline Eleahen

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Eleahen is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Всем привет
Re: AI improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1422.msg379266#msg379266
« Reply #491 on: August 12, 2011, 12:03:18 am »
AI just used Enchant Artifact on Sundial.

anything
blarg: