*Author

Active members:
bengali(1) Chival(1) Evil Hamster(1) ilMorgo(1) KarabNor(1) Nex(1) Gauze(1) zhougl(1) Ander E.(1) thearchduke(1) yahoo123(1) thenub(1) bonedust(1) Delreich(1) eszkis(1) Dinoy(1) Cisco(1) Philosopher(1) Naity(1) jmizzle7(1) eNonymous(1) Wolfunit(1) Repo$$ion(1) ramones(1) Tea is good(1) Rankiz(1) CelestrialDreamer(1) 1337man(1) assassim(1) Rahlious(1) SpeedLimit55(1) Neotoxicblitz(1) Mega_Pig(1) Wisemage(1) Glorioustickman(1) Silence_011010701(1) Xedark(1) HowFlyy(1) nustarz(1) dustnapyle(1) Elentar(1) -Samura-(1) aaandrew152(1) commanderhiggins(1) Addon(1) WarFlames(1) giolyn(1) xenontyler(1) PacoThePenguin(1) Daneman(1) dragonhuman(1) Ender241(1) xxxdeathxxx(1) olshanski(1) NoSoup4You(1) ST3F0(1) xenapan(1) jo_jo_the_joker(1) erixe(1) applesquash(1) Cronos988(1) Plight(1) jippy99(1) zipas(1) JotS3(1) Leerest(1) Dragooble(1) Uber Elemental(1) philipsballs(1) venumuse(1) BloodlinE(1) timtwins(1) BurnOne(1) rpkiller(1) Metoropolice(1) KennyMak(1) 918273645(1) DesolateSoul14(1) XxSilentZxX(1) TheMartyr24(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) Justjewit(1) Dan43(1) Lidocaine(1) DecadeW(1) ninjamaster1991(1) 7wavemaster(1) Yardof(1) abcdef(1) doublecross(1) Spiraler(1) vidurkhanna(1) TheIdioticIdiot(1) BBs22(1) Xenocidius(1) Zairne(1) willng3(1) Dragoon(2) joob(2) Belthus(2) mightyhat(2) plastiqe(2) bobcamel(2) Bob(2) pikachufan2164(2) Prince_Of_Streetrats(2) wushu(2) humptydumper(2) yaladilae(2) saberioninja(2) Supersonique(2) Marblecakealsothegame(2) danielquasar(2) Immolation(2) theloconate(2) Doichimaru(2) cyanspirit(2) redmafia(2) MajorBDog(2) korpral(2) Flayne(2) Viveleslardons(2) Selvaria(2) hopeatthetree(2) Uncle Jellyfish(3) Essence(3) icybraker(3) Athadeus(3) blackpinkgoldfish(3) PrinceGan(3) slovenc555(3) smuglapse(3) djdarknezz(3) thraexis11(3) Higurashi(3) Xinef(4) Tricks(4) sSethia(4) LetsGo(6) Ant-n-ero(9) Dreadshadow(10) HolyHandGrenade(12) killsdazombies(15) Scaredgirl(25)

Scaredgirl

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg5004#msg5004
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:54 pm »

I'm playing now with this proposed rainbow deck, and after some time I'm quite confiedent with it, I even beat Graviton two times ;).
I do, though, have some comments to this deck:

- Why the graboid? I never found it useful in any particular way, just another creature. Is it just for getting some for the earth quantum?
- Why no "Enchant Artifact"? I added it and found it _extremely_ useful against Graviton and Hermes, especially to protect your pillars/towers.
- I also added more quantum towers, as especially in the early game I often lack the right quantum to build up a good defense.

Graboid is there because it uses earth, does pretty good damage, and can be used as a fall guy. You can replace it with Enchant Artifact, no problem. That's actually one of the numerous variations that this deck has.

While lower number of Towers might sometimes mean you cannot afford to pay for something, I wouldn't personally take more of them. Each extra Tower you draw means you didn't draw that other card that you really needed.

Try to upgrade Novas relatively early. That should help you with your quantum problems.

Scaredgirl

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg5005#msg5005
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:54 pm »

Quantum Pillars and Novas are last, after the Otys. I, personally, would upgrade all my Pillars first, before upgrading Novas, because Upgraded Novas (aka Supernovas) require two Entropy Quantum to play, unlike Nova, which doesn't have a cost.

I think it's better to upgrade only half the Pillars first, then some other cards like Novas, and then the other half of Pillars. Having 2 piles of Pillars helps against Seism.

Yes, Supernovas cost 2 Entropy, but with that 2 Entropy your get 24 Entropy! I think Supernovas are MUCH better than regular Novas.

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg5006#msg5006
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:54 pm »

For those that don't know, after you start winning against the Fake Gods with the above Rainbow deck, or something similar, you should upgrade specific cards in a specific order.

Hourglasses FIRST. They are, hands down, the MOST useful card in the deck, and you will NEED them upgraded to improve your win percentage almost imediately.

Otyoughs are next after the Hourglasses. Upgraded Oys cost one more, but they are 0/5 instead of 0/3, which means that they can eat plenty more creatures without being buffed.

Quantum Pillars and Novas are last, after the Otys. I, personally, would upgrade all my Pillars first, before upgrading Novas, because Upgraded Novas (aka Supernovas) require two Entropy Quantum to play, unlike Nova, which doesn't have a cost.

EDIT: Mind Flayer is another good card to upgrade. The cost will increase by one (it's the only Water spell in the deck, so this won't matter most of the time), but it will change from a 2/2 to a 3/4 which makes it slightly harder to kill, and that extra one damage helps a bit, too, on occasion.

Afterwords, you can upgrade to your liking. If you run a Fallen Elf, you may want to consider leaving it UNupgraded, as it can be used more offensively that way, with either killing a creature out-right, or turning it into an abomination, which can be eaten pretty easily by an Oty. Otherwise. However, upgrading it means that you can mutate your Fireflies or Skeletons into strong mutants all the time, but then it's a tad harder to use offensively against the Gods. It's your choice, really.

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg5007#msg5007
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:54 pm »

I think it's better to upgrade only half the Pillars first, then some other cards like Novas, and then the other half of Pillars. Having 2 piles of Pillars helps against Seism.

Yes, Supernovas cost 2 Entropy, but with that 2 Entropy your get 24 Entropy! I think Supernovas are MUCH better than regular Novas.
Quantum. You get 24 Quantum. Also to note, that when you use a Supernova, it costs Two Entropy Quantum to use, but then it gives you two Entropy Quantum from it's skill, so all of your other elements will go up by two, but your Entropy will stay the same. This does, however, allow you to link multiple Supernovas in a row.

As for upgrading only half your pillars, it's a judgement call. Having half of them upgraded does make Seism a tad easier, but the deck will still be slow compared to the other Gods.

Gauze

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg5225#msg5225
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:55 pm »

Glad I saw this guide on my second day of play. I actually won and was using a lot of the cards I needed for your rainbow deck already.

Though my deck isn't exactly the same as one you posted, it's working much better than what I was using before...though I lost the two attempts at the top50 I tried since level 3 elementals are so boring. I ended up decking myself twice. Maybe I should lay off of using the hastes so much.

Regardless, thanks a lot. This'll make is easier to do get money to build and upgrade the deck I really want to make.

joob

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg5226#msg5226
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:55 pm »

I tried this after creating an EvilHamster account. I don't think there's a quest to kill level 3.

And supernovas are great until you have to discard because you have 3 in your hand and only 1 chaos mana :(

You sure about that? Could be because I first finished 500 quest and then started doing this thread from memory, and I'm not 100% sure about those quests.

Yeah, sometimes you have to discard but it's not generally that big of a deal. It's pretty easy to come back from that because when you DO get that Supernova, you can start playing cards much faster. I try to use Sundials to buy time until I have that 2 Entropy.
When I first started playing, I restarted several times and used multiple accounts until I figured out monofire, so I did the quests up through the 150 score quest quite a few times. I can say with confidence that there's definitely not a level 3 quest.

@EvilHamster: That's why entropy mark is so sexy, imo. The ULTIMATE deck is still probably the best starting place though.

Scaredgirl

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg5227#msg5227
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:55 pm »

Hi Scared! I wanna make a little suggestion!

I've followed your guide (very usefull!) and i tried a little change in your point 5.
I've used this deck (similar to yours):
I forgot to mention that the deck in the picture is not the ultimate level 3 grinding deck. It's just something I used.

So yeah, there are better decks out there but the difference is not that big so I was too lazy to make any changes. :)

zhougl

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg5441#msg5441
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:56 pm »

xie de bu cuo .....kexi wo kan bu dong ...........

Ander E.

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg6089#msg6089
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

I'm currently testing a version of Scaredgirl's Rainbow vs. Alaska's on the false gods. The main difference between mine and Scared's is I have an eternity added and with Alaska's is I have everything except the Artic Octopus and I added a purify (for Morte and Scorpio) and a steal. All cards upgraded except 7 pillars on Scared's (for Seism).

Any thoughts anyone?

Offline Dragoon

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dragoon hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg6090#msg6090
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

Been meaning to post this, but I've been a little busy.  I think a great starter deck for new players is an earth/time deck.  Start off with the time deck, sell everything, and buy 18 earth pillars, 6 graboids, and 6 shriekers (you'll need to do the first few quests to have enough money).  The nice thing about this deck is it's fast against AI3 and you can switch back and forth between this deck and your False God deck.  Especially in the beginning, you're going to lose a lot to the False Gods and will need to go back to AI3 to make more money.  With this deck, you won't have to spend 100 coins to switch your mark to use your old deck.  Although the False God deck will win in AI3 too, it's much slower making money than this earth/time deck.  Anyways, it's just another option.  Good luck.

thearchduke

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg6091#msg6091
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

Been meaning to post this, but I've been a little busy.  I think a great starter deck for new players is an earth/time deck.  Start off with the time deck, sell everything, and buy 18 earth pillars, 6 graboids, and 6 shriekers (you'll need to do the first few quests to have enough money).  The nice thing about this deck is it's fast against AI3 and you can switch back and forth between this deck and your False God deck.  Especially in the beginning, you're going to lose a lot to the False Gods and will need to go back to AI3 to make more money.  With this deck, you won't have to spend 100 coins to switch your mark to use your old deck.  Although the False God deck will win in AI3 too, it's much slower making money than this earth/time deck.  Anyways, it's just another option.  Good luck.

Good idea, Dragoon.  Element switch fatigue is an oft overlooked problem when trying to get some momentum going in the early stages of development.  Spending 100 coins every time you switch from playing AI3 to FGs is totally untenable.

yahoo123

NEWBIE GUIDE: How to become RICH in 1 Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg6092#msg6092
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

xie de bu cuo .....kexi wo kan bu dong ...........
U dont understand English and u come to this forum? I wonder what the schools in the mainland teach....

anything
blarg: