*Author

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392381#msg392381
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 01:53:20 am »
5th grade, no idea what class I was in.  I do remember, however, that I was mad because the teachers stated we were forbidden from going outside for recess all because a plane had crashed somewhere.

Erm...on second thought I can't remember what grade I was in xD
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline pervepic

• Reputation Power: 9
  • pervepic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392384#msg392384
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 02:04:19 am »
I played chess in cafeteria.
The Owls are not what they seem.

Astrocyte

Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392392#msg392392
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 02:29:31 am »
Damn, I feel ancient. Most of you were in school or too young to remember? I was in college!  :)) ...  :-X

I was walking back to my dorm from my early morning class when the first plane hit -- I ran into a friend on the sidewalk, she told me what had happened, and it sounded so absurd I almost didn't believe it. After the second plane hit, class was canceled for the rest of the day. We had a lot of students and professors from NYC and DC -- most of them were panicking because they were trying to call their friends and families and couldn't get through for hours (my college set up a phone bank and information center in one of the school buildings to try to help).

Offline Cel

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Cel is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Used to be called Izaya :P
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392396#msg392396
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 02:36:01 am »
That is a very easy question for me and all my family: I was at my eldest brother's wedding.

On the plus side, we can alway remember his aniversery.

The most ironic part about it is they chose that day because the date 9/11 was when my parents were married.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392404#msg392404
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 02:53:37 am »
Too young to remember, was in first grade at the time. I believe that I went home immediately after an announcement about what happened was broadcast through the school. Don't think I knew why, though.

Astrocyte

Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392408#msg392408
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 03:13:30 am »
The most ironic part about it is they chose that day because the date 9/11 was when my parents were married.
September 11th is my aunt's birthday too.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392452#msg392452
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 06:47:48 am »
I was with a bunch of friends on a far beach in Bretagne (France). We were trying to impress the girls with a lame long jump contest when another friend (who was a late sleeper and a couch potato) arrived by bike all sweaty. He told us about a crazy story about planes crashing in New-York and the Pentagon. As the guy was also the funny kind, nobody believed him and we resumed our contest. We went back to town late in the evening still not believing him. When he turn on the TV we realised our mistake. We had even to drag the guys preparing the barbecue in front of the TV for them to believe us ... The evening had a surreal touch after that ....

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392500#msg392500
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 10:19:10 am »
Damn, I feel ancient. Most of you were in school or too young to remember? I was in college!  :)) ...  :-X

I was walking back to my dorm from my early morning class when the first plane hit -- I ran into a friend on the sidewalk, she told me what had happened, and it sounded so absurd I almost didn't believe it. After the second plane hit, class was canceled for the rest of the day. We had a lot of students and professors from NYC and DC -- most of them were panicking because they were trying to call their friends and families and couldn't get through for hours (my college set up a phone bank and information center in one of the school buildings to try to help).
Yay, someone the same age as me!  (I was feeling old reading most of those too!)  I was in my first week of first-year university.  I was just about ready to leave for school in the morning (about 7:30am my time, I think) and I went to get my dad, so we could head out.  He was watching tv and said hey, check it out, some really horrible pilot hit the WTC.  I come in and there's the first plane smoking away.  We sit and watch the news for a minute or so and then the second plane hits the other tower.  We were both like... wtf, did the second pilot get distracted by the first accident, or is there some weird weather condition, like high wind, or what?  Nobody knew what was going on at the time.  We watched for a few minutes and then left for the day.

When I got to school, I signed onto a computer and logged in to a browser game I was playing at the time, and started chatting with the Americans.  (I'm Canadian)  The first tower had fallen sometime on the way to school, and as I was talking to them, the second one fell.  One of the guys I was chatting with was in a New York apartment building a few blocks away and could see the entire thing, and was telling us what was going on.  I remember we were all stunned and rather somber discussing the day's events up to that point.  There was a lot of profanity. (which was normally censored on this site, but the admins let it go that day)  I remember one guy swearing up and down that once they found out who was responsible, he was going to enlist and go kick the # out of whoever was responsible.  (we didn't know who yet)  Another guy just completely lost it and was ranting about how glad he was that this had all happened.  (!)  Of course, this pissed off everyone else, so he got illegally killed a bunch of times for his horribly insensitive comments.

The first class I had that day was classical history.  I remember because, without any preamble, my professor immediately launched into a monologue about Middle Eastern history and relations (this was 2 hours or so after the planes hit, and we knew by then that the prime suspect was al-Qaeda and bin Laden, but it wasn't confirmed) instead of whatever the day's topic was supposed to be.

The other class I remember was my introductory civil engineering class (I have an electrical engineering degree) and the prof spent the whole class telling us 'exactly how the towers fell' even though it had only happened about 7-8 hours previous and obviously nobody had any of the details yet about any of that. 

Then I remember that evening being glued to the tv news.  I remember my little sister coming in, and she couldn't understand why I was so transfixed with what was going on; I guess she was too young to really care yet.

I had a real shock the next morning, though.  I'm an avid reader, and I had suddenly remembered one of Nostradamus's quatrains.  Now, his stuff was pretty vague, but one of them was thought to talk about a war beginning in New York City, as the quatrain mentioned something like 'the city with two names twice' or whatever.  (New York City, New York)  Now -that- really made me wonder... I have read since that that might've been an aprocryphal anecdote, but if it was, it was one that had been around since I was a kid at least, because I read about it when I was very young.  (i.e. like in the 80s/90s, before 9/11)

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392555#msg392555
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 02:48:50 pm »
celebrating the birthday of me and my dad...
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline Thalas

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392556#msg392556
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 02:52:13 pm »
yay, lego I want to play with lego, here and here it's a .........?? ??

I was 4 when it happened, can I remmenber it ? No.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tom Bombadil is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tom Bombadil is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tom Bombadil is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tryin' to get out of the Pizza topic...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Where were you September 11, 2001? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30867.msg392889#msg392889
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 09:16:50 am »
I was nearly 12 at that time, and, due to time zone, it was afternoon where I live when the plane crashed, I thought for a long time I was having a judo lesson when the firsta plane crashed, since my grandfather asked me whether I knew what had happened in U.S.A., but I realized it doesn't fit the time, so I think I was doing nothing waiting for going to judo lesson...
Wise Man: "If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything."
Mankind is divided in 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

anything
blarg: