*Author

PuppyChow

Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393485#msg393485
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:52:08 pm »
So I'm playing PvP 2/PvP 1 with a shard farm in an attempt to be nice to a few noobs, when along comes this one kid.

His messages were along the lines of:
"LOLOL YOUR DECK SUCKS IT'S PROBABLY A CRAPPY DECK OUT DECK BUT YOU JUST FAIL AT DECKBUILDING."
"MY DECK OWNS ALL OTHERS."
"HAHA YOU SUCK."
"I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS KID."
Note: His deck was a rainbow dragon rush with sky blitz, far from a "own-all" deck.

Some of that was verbatim.

Seriously, when someone is doing something nice for you, why can't people just accept it and be grateful? I'm not sure if this should be in off-topic or not, but whatever.

(Update: Went back into pvp with a destroyer rush, kid got beat pretty badly. Immature? Maybe. Satisfying? Very.)

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393493#msg393493
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 12:04:23 am »
This is one of those reasons why I don't play random PvP :\

A game like Elements is bound to attract a fair number of teens with a massive ego to feed, hence the stupid trash-talking that is sometimes seen in random PvP. The same kind of logic applies to the type of people who go around in chat or forums with this type of conversation:

A: I beat so-and-so in T50 and they played no cards at all!
B: Then they put up a farm deck so people can get rare cards from them.
A: They suck because I pwned them with an EM!!!11123
B: -_-"
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393499#msg393499
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:13:49 am »
I'm detecting gratuitous amounts of derpiculous fail.

This is the equivalent of a professional wrestler being nice to some obnoxious teenager who says he fails at wrestling, then getting annoyed and kicking his ass. Good job.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

wespebbles50

Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393527#msg393527
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 01:47:23 am »
I agree I use a a cremation rush with ems for the  :electrum and every time i'm close to winning the guy goes you suck kid get a even deck f**k you and so it made me quit playing pvp and i kinda of use it for testing decks and making it better

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393544#msg393544
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 03:11:54 am »
hmm, my experiences with pvp1 or 2 players usually involve much more cursing and racial slurs.

When in the mood for some casual pvp, I prefer finding someone in chat for a random duel. It's a better experience all around.

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393580#msg393580
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 05:53:18 am »
When in the mood for some casual pvp, I prefer finding someone in chat for a random duel. It's a better experience all around.
This.

You should participate in League, but use farm decks! ;D

You'll actually wind up giving more back to the community than you will by giving stuff to random teens with something to prove and who don't often stick with the game.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393592#msg393592
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 06:41:14 am »
I wonder if that's the same guy I played a few months ago in pvp.  I had a 30 card immorush deck, and before I'd even taken a turn, he sends me a message that said something like "rofl haha 30 card deck, are you too poor to buy more?" and all kinds of silly crap like this.  Of course, since it was immorush, and he was a n00b, I won in like 5-6 turns.  I never bothered replying at all, I just stomped his ass in like 30 seconds for my response.

Offline oblivion1212

• Reputation Power: 5
  • oblivion1212 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Shard Farm
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393602#msg393602
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 09:59:49 am »
dude, same here... i was derping (yes, im not trolling in pvp) with mah SoG + SoR + rares in an attempt to actually just give people free  :electrum and,

yes pulvy, miracle, and eternity... then there's this guy who kept on trash talking like, "Dude, you suck", "Firetruck you..", "Nooblets..", and everything.. and he ended up saying "child's play"

he was playing a voodoo + accel  :darkness :gravity duo... then i came back with mah TROLOLOLOLOL RAGEQUIT immortal flying twin SoRternities + ghostal deck... screwed this same guy's arse pretty bad, and pretty much others in the process, too...

he kept me enraged enough to keep pwning his sorry arse in pvp2 over and over for ~3 games, then 4th game (yes, there aren't many people in pvp2 then) he called me "noob" then autoquit on first turn  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ahhh, yes, interesting things you can do with  :time :aether :entropy trio..

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393606#msg393606
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 10:27:53 am »
Ah, the Elements community ... home to bright, intuitive minds sharing a common goal. That and obnoxious adolescents under the impression that caps lock and profanities are cool.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393621#msg393621
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 11:38:30 am »
Internet access should come with mandatory genital clips that deliver shocks of energy each time someone's an idiot.  Sadly, youtube would be pretty empty however...

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393623#msg393623
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 11:53:20 am »
Internet access should come with mandatory genital clips that deliver shocks of energy each time someone's an idiot.  Sadly, youtube would be pretty empty however...
All we would need are videos of people that had said clips attached to them and youtube would be full in no time :)
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Some of the people that play this game make me sick. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30982.msg393654#msg393654
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 02:35:36 pm »
Sounds like a combination of things, pup:

- I don't pvp1 or 2, but he might have never seen a farm before.
- Chat is PG-13 but the game really isn't.  :| 

Conclusion: He genuinely thought he was better than you and isn't old enough to have learned sportsmanship.

blarg: