*Author

Xsshstex

Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400640#msg400640
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 02:28:02 pm »
Jmdt; one of the best deck buildars evar originated on Kong ;o
Wai u hatin'?

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400644#msg400644
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 02:35:23 pm »
Why to say all this things about kongregate players?They.are.normal.players!
There are some good players here, I know some of them are trolls but a lot of them are good players, jmdt and wolfunit both came from kong for example.
And why brainstorming bad deck ideas?People will make bad ideas about kong.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400649#msg400649
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 02:41:59 pm »
I actually found this place due to Kong.  jmdt and willng3 were posting occasional links to the forums when people would ask questions, so I poked around and voila, here I am.  I have tried to go back and return the favor to others, but as others have noted, there are few who care to listen, so I really don't bother anymore.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline MatrimKK

• Reputation Power: 6
  • MatrimKK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • reigned by Entropy
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of EntropyWar #4 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400651#msg400651
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 02:43:21 pm »
I think many of us have kong roots.  The main thing I find is that the kong site tends to lag a bit more, and the chat is horrible for the many minors I'm sure are present.  Many speak of whoring themselves and other obscenities.  There are many talented players that use kong to play from and chat in.  I am all for upping the revenue as well.  I play on the main site because I enjoy focusing on the game and if I want I can have both windows visible if necessary.  I still hang out in kong chat occasionally when I'm in a randy mood though ;)

Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400742#msg400742
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 05:46:44 pm »
I mean i know that alot of the players on kong are not as good. But i know that there are mutiple elements chats. I think there are 7? So we could all go into room 2 therefore avoiding all the trolling and noobiness that happens in room1. While still being able to talk seriously about kong.

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400891#msg400891
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 12:15:38 am »
Yup, them kong'uns are wrong'uns!  ;)

Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400917#msg400917
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 01:24:17 am »
there are alot of people on kong that are a great group of guys and i know that almost all of the regulars from kong got picked for teams in the war...

Just to name a few:

Calindu
AngelMusti
PoLder (i think thats how you spell it)

And a few choice others. I just think that elements would be easier then switching etween tabs. And noone is ever in room 2 so we would be away from the trolls and such.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400928#msg400928
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 01:59:06 am »
I started on Kong, then went to the actual site here on an off chance and now I hardly ever go on kong for the sole reason that there's too much to do and that I'll never get anything done on any of my other forums. Plus we have an actual chatroom and not a spambox.

Off-topic:
*Snip*Kgg *Snip*
Totally saw that as 'K66.'

//checksForReferenceGet
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg400960#msg400960
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 04:02:13 am »
I'd like to point something out here. 

Before anyone goes around pointing their finger and accusing someone of either being an elitist or looking down on players from Kongregate, take a look at the title of this thread.  "kongregate players Vs. Normal players" what kind of a message does that give someone reading this thread?  I'm either going to assume that since the title is insinuating that Kongregate players aren't normal, ordinary players, this thread is inferring that they are either less than ordinary or extraordinary.  The former is only giving another excuse for trolling elitists to post here as a confirmation of their belief that Kong players are inferior while the latter provides more of a reason for those same elitists to retaliate and to insult those who they believe inferior.  A better wording would have been "Kongregate players Vs. Main site players" or something to that effect.  I think that the original intent of this thread was good and is capable of promoting good discussion, but that single flaw in the wording is what's going to continue to give you negative feedback here.

My main fear is that some of the idiotic comments made earlier in this thread are the type that cause some Kongregate players to believe that ETG chat (and consequently the forums) and its community are mainly full of newbie-despising elitists.  I have to say this because when I was first starting the game on Kongregate that was the exact impression that people gave me as I became more familiarized with the Wiki and certain areas of the forums.  It wasn't until I started to get to know a few Kong-forum members better (mainly jmdt and kartis) that I began to see things a bit differently.  As my activity within the forums has grown, so has my desire to see this game become more successful and enjoyable.  I don't particularly care where another person plays this game or found it in the first place because as was wisely stated earlier, it's the game itself that matters here.  As for myself?  Yes I have a preference for which site I play on, but if anything that's because I find that I can accomplish much more both on the forums and in the game without the various distractions I already listed in my previous post.  I could care less what your current PvP status is:  If you're respectable, honest, and easy to engage in conversation with, then chances are that I'm going to enjoy you and your company much, much more.

The point I'm trying to drive home here is that it's really quite pointless to make the argument that this distance between the two sites is solely due to player skill.  Several people here have kindly pointed out other factors that are involved that have nothing to do with how well someone might function in this game.  And just as elitists do exist and will continue to look down on Kong simply because they consider the players there to be less experienced, there's also an opposite opinion that loathes those who use the main site because they believe them to have an elitist attitude; I think it's a bit ridiculous to insinuate that either of these is more righteous than the other.

Lastly:
So we could all go into room 2 therefore avoiding all the trolling and noobiness that happens in room1.
Something about this just strikes me as wrong.  In regards to the trolling:  I don't think it's right that the people who are mature and can actually behave themselves are forced to isolate themselves in order to escape that nonsense.  That to me, if anything, speaks of a lack of moderation or, to a lesser extent, failure to use that moderation power correctly.
As for the "noobiness"...that's going to follow you no matter where you go.  Several months ago I was part of a group that tried a similar method as suggested here by seeking refuge in a room where no one would bother us.  Occasionally we would have a random unknown that some people found annoying, but this wasn't that prominent of a problem.  However, keep in mind that this group rarely maxed out at over 10 people.  What you're suggesting would hopefully and eventually cause groups several times that amount to gather in this one room, but this has the downside of causing people to notice that there's another room with a fair amount of people inside, prompting them to go and investigate.  Eventually the word gets out that there's a room for pro players and unwanted people join you to try and get in on the action.  I've seen this type of tier system installed in a MMORPG that exists on Kong and have to say that it was largely unsuccessful and just causes division between the various skill levels even more.

People have their preferences, and it's difficult meeting the needs of so many at once.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg401043#msg401043
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2011, 11:27:52 am »
there are alot of people on kong that are a great group of guys and i know that almost all of the regulars from kong got picked for teams in the war...

Just to name a few:

Calindu
AngelMusti
PoLder (i think thats how you spell it)

And a few choice others. I just think that elements would be easier then switching etween tabs. And noone is ever in room 2 so we would be away from the trolls and such.
You forgot fitbutyouknowit(Bonestorm), omegareaper, fantasywarrior18(TFO), and a few more.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: kongregate players Vs. Normal players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31642.msg401046#msg401046
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 11:31:18 am »
I'm both a kong player and a "normal" player...I'm a troll.
Logic bomb that, bro.

blarg: