*Author

Offline DemagogTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg33645#msg33645
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:59:32 am »
Has anyone else tried these before? It's basically sounds that induce a certain effect on your brain. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

Half of what's on my iPod is this stuff lol... but I haven't really gotten any to work on me, except a few of the sleep related ones, but that just may be because you are supposed to get relaxed and be in a dark place when you use this stuff, so your entire attention can be directed towards the sound. If you want to try them, I know of two companies (I think anyway) that do this, BinBeats (not sure on spelling/spacing), and I-doser (what I have). You can find torrents of them online if you feel like getting them to try out, and I think the companies give you a few sample ones to try out so you can see if they work on you or not (it's similar to hypnotism in that some people are more easily suggestible than others).

Anyway, let me know if you've tried this stuff out or not, or if you plan on trying it. Just a warning though, most "doses" (what tracks are called) are 30+ minutes long, so only do it when you have time.

Oh and just a description of one that's worked for me, last night I tried "Theta" right when I went to bed, and I would have 3-10 second visual/audio clips randomly pop into my head. The interesting thing was, I was aware that they were there, but it's like they were in the background of my mind... my attention was on what I was thinking about, but my brain was basically tricked into giving me short dreams. These visions weren't related in any way to what I was thinking about either. Also, if you look at the wiki page, you'll notice that Theta waves are associated with REM sleep and dreaming (which is why I tried it).

I think I'm on the end of people that aren't very suggestible, so there's a good chance that you'll have more successes than I will.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg274318#msg274318
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 02:34:08 am »
Sorry for the necro but I have to say that this stuff is amazing. I'm a psychology student and have been fascinated with the effects of auditory input on the human brain.

Hopefully more people find this amazing as well. ^_^
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Ajit

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Winner of the Card Border Redesign
Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg274321#msg274321
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:44:03 am »
I'm listening to one right now.  Kind of trippy.  Makes my eyes water a bit.  I find my self slumping when listening to this.  Physically relaxing, but not really mentally so.  Interesting.

Offline Ajit

• Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg274323#msg274323
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 02:47:58 am »
WOAH WOAH STOP RIGHT NOW DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SAMPLES ON WIKIPEDIA!

wtf my speakers just broke playing this?!????  I'm even smelling smoke!??????? WTF?!

Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg274328#msg274328
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 02:56:08 am »
Ugh. Wikipedia's samples = headaaaaache.

*facedesk*

Offline DemagogTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg274359#msg274359
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 04:00:32 am »
Ya, you can torrent the good stuff. I have over a gb I think.

Mastermind79

Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg275915#msg275915
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 01:27:26 am »
(Kind of off-topic)
This reminds me, the so-called "Lavender Town Syndrome" from pokemon Red/Green first edition was said to have binaural beats which were deadly.

&feature=player_embedded#start=0:00;end=10:58;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false
^
to listen to the track. It's weird, it gives me a little headache.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg275919#msg275919
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 01:35:42 am »
This is some weird stuff to say the least. I've listened to a couple I've found on the internet and they're really interesting.

discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Ajit

Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg275923#msg275923
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 01:40:49 am »
I'd like to reiterate that I wasn't kidding :( my laptop's speakers broke and smoked listening to this..  I am upset, someone console me.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg275928#msg275928
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 01:48:29 am »
Wow seriously? *consoles*

I listened to it fine with headphones.

Those that try this make sure you stay away from using speakers.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Svenningen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg276330#msg276330
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 04:19:19 pm »
sample #2 gave me a headache at around 16 minutes, but at 21 it was gone again

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Binaural Beats https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3660.msg276545#msg276545
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 09:12:30 pm »
I used to like Lavender Town's music.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

blarg: