7 (1.8%)
Shard of Sacrifice
60 (15.5%)
None of them
11 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 175

*Author

Active members:
casthegamer(1) diviad(1) CelestrialDreamer(1) doomeister(1) blu(1) killfer8(1) icybraker(1) ScytherLoL(1) coinich(1) Tea is good(1) bigbadbanana(1) psychoden(1) teffy(1) tyranim(1) Kyarss(1) acelink(1) Robsta43(1) drklameth(1) (...)(1) Wisemage(1) sinez(1) Salmon(1) Rastafla(1) JETZAL(1) Boingo(1) stage(1) darkhellion(1) xXaliceXx9994(1) JennyP81(1) Medivh(1) killsdazombies(1) dracomageat(1) hello5666(1) Cancerplus(1) b00mc1ap(1) Jelden(1) Selenbrant(1) wizelsnarf(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) godofdeath500(1) Arondight(1) Vorian(1) edunavas(1) GG(1) KorabanVII(1) Puycheval(1) Avenger(1) baa410(1) Seravy(1) BatCountry(1) live-on.no-evil(1) ddevans96(1) achangeofpace(1) pikachufan2164(1) Metoropolice(1) Siweisun(1) Bhlewos(1) dcshuzon(1) willng3(1) sane1271(1) TheForbiddenOracle(1) ryalia888(1) adrix89(1) Metahater(1) rgurgelles1(1) I8SumOrangesNItWasK(1) RagidyRock(1) Firenotes(1) AchDeToni(1) nitsudge(1) ch987(1) Djhopper :)(1) Falconian(1) Silenia(1) OdinVanguard(1) mrgoodbar64(1) MV296(1) Winter Is Coming(1) Braingoo(1) hendrydext(1) Powerfrog(1) Malebolgia(1) Quaz(1) Incoming(1) The Chosen One(1) eaglgenes101(1) Drake_XIV(1) Naesala(1) Cunning_Wish(1) Gemini(1) Wizy(1) summerz88(1) iancudorinmarian(1) Ilias22(1) Evan_85(1) tekpau(1) Scaredgirl(2) xdude(2) Kamietsu(2) Kuroaitou(2) zzz123(2) IStoneI(2) Retribution(2) iRwar(2) Marvaddin(2) ItzSean(2) Malduk(2) Mastermind79(2) WhiteTigerShiro(2) joaopcl(2) Zblader(2) RootRanger(2) silux(2) dragonsdemesne(2) whatifidogetcaught?(2) Atico(2) Pwnator(2) mrtwigie01(2) Kael Hate(3) Kurohami(3) dragonhuman(3) Antagon(3) PuppyChow(3) ralouf(3) Glitch(4) ratcharmer(4) omegareaper7(4) Poker Alho(4) furballdn(5) johannhowitzer(6) Absol(8) Xinef(9) glennfoo(9) ARTHANASIOS(10) kimham8a(12) Jenkar(13) plastiqe(15)

Offline ItzSean

• Reputation Power: 3
  • ItzSean is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg71006#msg71006
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010, 05:47:49 am »
You mean N-1? because 1-N would give you a negative armor ratio if you had bioillimunance creatures

Wouldn't that be a good thing..?  :P

I voted for:

1) Earthquake/Quicksand: Come on.. 3(2 upg) quanta to destroy 3 pillars? Thats devastating!  Most people, even in a 60 card rainbow have 8-15 pillars. 2-3 of these in one deck and if the player gets a chance to use them, you are screwed. Yes, Supernovas gets around this, but once that quantas gone... you're done. I'd say either up the cost by one ( 4 un-upped 3 upg) OR lower the pillars destroyed by 1.

2)Reverse Time/Rewind: I find nothing more aggravating then having a monster that you've played RT'd THEN having to waste your next turn re-drawing it THEN not having the quanta to play it! Oh and the cost is just a joke. Even un-upgraded it is too easy to play. Either up costs or make the card that was RT'd put at the bottom of the deck, I wouldn't mind that.

3)Fractal: Seriously..this has to be THE most hated card in all of Elements. Because of this single card, it has the ability to create synergy between ANY element. Fractal-trices... fractal-chargers...the list goes on.... Grant it, its playing cost is rather high, but the effect is the definition of OP and worth each quanta. 8 quanta to get up to 8 copies of one card.. That's a quanta a card. I know, people could counter saying that this card is OP by saying, " But it drains all your aether quanta!" .... When the opponent has 3-4 aether pillar(tower)s it doesn't really matter since normally fractal is the only thing aether in their deck.. I'd say limit the number of cards that can be created AND increase the cost. On top of that, keep the fact that it drains your aether quanta down to 0 after being played.
Are you tired of those old boring rushes? Well look no further!

JennyP81

Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg71013#msg71013
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2010, 06:08:30 am »
I always keep 1 PA in my deck; you never know when you're gonna meet seism or anybody else that will explode the other most important card of your rainbow deck (eternity); you gotta know what you are up against and take the best precautions the game gives available

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg71074#msg71074
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2010, 08:15:43 am »
2)Reverse Time/Rewind: I find nothing more aggravating then having a monster that you've played RT'd THEN having to waste your next turn re-drawing it THEN not having the quanta to play it! Oh and the cost is just a joke. Even un-upgraded it is too easy to play. Either up costs or make the card that was RT'd put at the bottom of the deck, I wouldn't mind that.

3)Fractal: Seriously..this has to be THE most hated card in all of Elements. Because of this single card, it has the ability to create synergy between ANY element. Fractal-trices... fractal-chargers...the list goes on.... Grant it, its playing cost is rather high, but the effect is the definition of OP and worth each quanta. 8 quanta to get up to 8 copies of one card.. That's a quanta a card. I know, people could counter saying that this card is OP by saying, " But it drains all your aether quanta!" .... When the opponent has 3-4 aether pillar(tower)s it doesn't really matter since normally fractal is the only thing aether in their deck.. I'd say limit the number of cards that can be created AND increase the cost. On top of that, keep the fact that it drains your aether quanta down to 0 after being played.
Somehow I find those two explanations quite contradict each other. You state that you don't want your creature back after it is rewound, so I guess you'd prefer to draw a pillar so that you actually have quanta to play your creatures.

On the other hand you are against the most expensive card in the game (eg. fractal+8 pests = 8 :aether + 16 :darkness = 24 :quanta total) which is even more expensive when playing eg. fractal-chargers or fractal-dragons.
With fractal you have an abundance of creatures, but the main problem is you don't have the quanta to play them all and you need to use special creatures like LoR or pests to gain quanta faster, but still fractal is easy to counter with mass creature control (if creatures cheap and low on health) or with quantum denial in case of fractal-charger, fractal-dragon or anything similar.

Fractal is a powerful card, yes, but it has enough of disadvantages that all fractal decks can be countered in one way or another and if you look at some of the trial battles you will see that fractal decks often lose to non-fractal decks so they are in fact not any better than other decks.

As for rewind, it might be very irritating, but in fact it's not overly powerful. A lightning can kill most creatures for the same cost, a gravity pull also. Against rewind you should try playing your cheaper creatures first (if you can) and more expensive creatures when you have more pillars in play and then it will be more of a nuisance than a real threat. Also, notice that having 6 rewinds in your deck makes your deck much less offensive, you will keep drawing those rather than dragons or other offensive cards so adding rewinds in fact is harmful to many :time decks. It is a wonderful card against flying weapons, growing creatures or dragon-based decks, but against all other decks you would do better replacing rewinds with procrastination, eternity, or some offensive cards.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline ItzSean

• Reputation Power: 3
  • ItzSean is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg71091#msg71091
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2010, 09:17:14 am »
If I had known you'd just pick apart my posts, I wouldn't have posted at all. Bottom line, my opinions are what they are. :P
Are you tired of those old boring rushes? Well look no further!

Offline Xinef

• Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg71108#msg71108
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 10:30:14 am »
If I had known you'd just pick apart my posts, I wouldn't have posted at all. Bottom line, my opinions are what they are. :P
My intent was not to criticize your post, but rather to state my impression and thoughts about it and point out a few facts and a few more subjective opinions based on my experience that could possibly change your point of view. I guess it's nothing wrong in a discussion to write what you think about someone else's opinion. It's ok if you keep your opinions and there is no reason not to post them only because someone does not agree with you, or else you'd have to write nothing at all ;)

For example I agree with you that earthquake should be nerfed a bit. Because earthquake+graboid is one of those decks that win too often when compared with other really good decks. I also agree with you that fractal is very powerful and rewind can be powerful in certain situations. I simply think that earthquake should be nerfed while fractal and rewind already have so many disadvantages that they do not need nerfing and decks built around these are not so effective that they would require nerfing.

If you still do not agree with me than either give some stronger arguments to support your case or ignore me ;) Not posting your opinion is probably the worst thing you could do in a discussion ;)

Scaredgirl

Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg71168#msg71168
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 02:51:46 pm »
Are you saying that forums should be about people posting their own opinions without anybody actually responding to anything?

Sounds fun.

Medivh

Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg72712#msg72712
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2010, 11:44:10 pm »
Quake, Rewind, and Quint. Quint is the least offensive of the 3, but Rewind in AI3's really pisses me off, since i am using SG's pillarless speed. throwing a high-cost Dragon back to my deck really slows the game down. EQ is annoying as hell in my mono dark and aether, since they all rely on pure generation asap. To fix Rewind - make it give the creature cost back, imo.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg72749#msg72749
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2010, 01:26:16 am »
the thing is... no card is over powered.
sure some players might not know the way to beat a certain card but that doesnt mean it should be nerfed, lotsa hate for earthquake, the counter is PA. EVERY thing has a weakness, if your too lazy to find it, the pay some one to *me*

Offline plastiqeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg72751#msg72751
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2010, 01:45:15 am »
Going way, way back for this quote.
Any card is overpowered and should be removed or changed if it forces you to either pack hate against it or devote some number of cards to keep up just to be considered a viable deck.
Just because there is a way to counter Earthquake does not mean it's a fair and balanced card.

Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg73340#msg73340
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2010, 05:37:33 am »
Earthquake is overpowered because it shuts down nearly every mono deck that relies on pillars.  Most mono decks can't fit PA without becoming trio decks, and having a card that necessitates that creates problems for the game.

Pillars, creatures, and novas are the only way to generate resources in this game.  Creatures that generate quanta are controllable in many ways, and even supernovas generate very limited quanta - 24 may seem like a lot, but you have to play five of them to play the average dragon.  This means pillars are by far the most reliable source of quanta.  It's not that there shouldn't be a way to kill someone's resource supply... it's just that Earthquake is way too efficient at it.

On the other hand, the renewable counterpart, Trident, is impractical for any deck not specifically designed for it... and such a deck would have serious drawbacks.  There's got to be a way to average these two cards out.

Offline Xinef

• Fluttershy's samurai
Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg73382#msg73382
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2010, 11:22:50 am »
the thing is... no card is over powered.
sure some players might not know the way to beat a certain card but that doesnt mean it should be nerfed, lotsa hate for earthquake, the counter is PA. EVERY thing has a weakness, if your too lazy to find it, the pay some one to *me*
I'd like to add one more proof that the fact a card can be countered easily does not mean it is not overpowered.
Imagine a spell that costs 1 :time and has a description: "If your opponents does not have a mark of :time you win the game"
This card can be easily countered, in fact if such a card were to appear in game it wouldn't win you too many battles because everyone would be playing mark of :time. Still, such a card would be terribly overpowered just because it makes most of the decks obsolete and destroys the balance.

Yes, I know this example is very exaggerated, but try to give an example of a card that does not make any decks obsolete and is overpowered simply because it is impossible to counter...
I guess there is one example, an unupgraded mark card (indestructible and has a 0 cost so there is no way to counter it). Is it overpowered simply because you cannot counter it in any way? No :P

Offline dracomageat

• dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] Most Overpowered? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg74702#msg74702
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2010, 07:17:54 pm »
I say bone wall. Fix it so deflagration kills the lot.

blarg: