*Author

Offline Skotadi PhobosTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Skotadi Phobos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Skotadi Phobos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • E.P. Dome Smoke
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133474#msg1133474
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:53:12 am »
My brother and I were helping some people move and they gave us some old Kiss records. We just so happened to have an old record player and thus began our downward spiral to all other forms of rock.
Find a bug? Report it here, Make sure to have screen shots if at all possible.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/report-in-game-bugs/

Offline dark ripper

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Embrace the Random
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #7Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133476#msg1133476
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 06:15:29 am »
I have no idea, my parents listen to traditional music. I believe it might be my uncle, when I was 4-5 I used to visit my cousin and his father was always listening to Led Zeppelin. That might was enough to put me in the right music road!:D
Whispers in the dark, brawl #3
Team Earth, war #8
Team Entropy, war #9 , #10
Æ.N.D. 1st place TPvP #7

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133488#msg1133488
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 10:06:26 am »
Youtube and games.

Oh, youtube and games.

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133497#msg1133497
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 01:08:34 pm »
Youtube and games.

Oh, youtube and games.
^this+anime

TBH, I don't really have a favorite genre, I listen to pretty much anything, but here's a story for main stuff:
Jazz: Baccano! played a main role in that, although me playing the keyboard was already enough to get me hooked up on that;
Random J-Pop and J-Rock: most of the japanese stuff I listen to are OP and ED of stuff I watched, but sometimes it's the opposite: I watched AnoHana and DenpaOnna because I first heard their ED. There aren't many songs I hear totally unrelated to anime, but those few are Kung-fu Generation (although some of them are featured in anime I don't watch) and Nano, mostly. Sometimes, those kind of silly songs get me for a while, but it passes, stuff like Fukkireta;
English Masterpieces: I'm Italian and I'll tell you that here the number of people who know the greatest English/American singers are really few compared to the rest of the population: I'd say not more than the 30% effectively knows Dire Straits;
Italian Masterpieces: when it comes to Italian music, I rarely even listen to new stuff, sometimes I just fall in love with some new pop or stuff like that music, but not frequently. I'm more into 60s and 70s, or other singers who are part of the Italian history of music, even if they're more recent;
More recent Pop&Rock: I'm into Linkin' Park, Coldplay, The Script, The Fray and I could keep on going for hours: I easily fall in love with English pop music, although not with the singer (mostly it's only a song). Some examples may be Ellie Goulding's "Burn" or Thrift Shop. As a rule of thumb, if I like more than 3 songs from a group, most likely I'm going to like almost all of the songs they made.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133501#msg1133501
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:01 pm »
Picking only the things I listen the most:

Rock: My parents listen to rock all the time. I picked this from them and don't regret it.
Modernist/Avant-garde erudite music: I play piano, so while learning it I got in contact with classical music, but when I started playing Bartók it felt like an epiphany to me.
Jazz: Also because I played piano I started to dabble with improvisation. I started listening to Jazz to get ideas and ended up embracing the genre.
BR Folk music: I started listening to it out of curiosity and have been a fan ever since.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133502#msg1133502
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 02:07:40 pm »
Cheesy Rock: Friends in primary school.
Chip-Rock/Pop/Metal: The discovery of 8-bit music (via the internet) lead me to seek something a tad more refined. Pure chip, while glorious in sound, often tends to lack weight/substance IMO so the mix of chip and electric instruments was where I settled.

Offline jarozaoz

• Reputation Power: 8
  • jarozaoz is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Little, crazy guy.
  • Awards: Icons for Donors Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133506#msg1133506
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 02:50:18 pm »
Alt Rock: Florence & The Machine is the best ♥ ♥ ♥
House, mainly Deep and Electro: Avicii. My favourite DJ in world ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Indie Pop: Lorde. Her songs have a great power to inspire me. ♥ ♥
You. And sand. Endless sand. Endless trillions tons of sand.
This endless power. which can kill you like insignificant bug.
This, is a power of :time...

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133509#msg1133509
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 05:26:59 pm »
Two of my friends got into Skrillex right before he became a household name, and they introduced me to him shortly afterwards. Since then I've navigated to all sorts of electronic music in the last three years or so.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1133525#msg1133525
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 07:03:45 pm »
Symphonic rock/metal: An AMV for FMA long, long ago.

And video games. Awesome video games.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline skyironsword

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Yuri Incarnation
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1134467#msg1134467
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 03:25:11 pm »
I play Elements a lot, so I hear the theme song a lot.

... ;)

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1134524#msg1134524
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 11:23:34 am »
I listen to everything. Except reggae. Never reggae...

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: What got you listening to your favorite genre? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54322.msg1134525#msg1134525
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 11:41:00 am »
Music on various radio stations

anything
blarg: