*Author

gavsword

Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276237#msg276237
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2011, 01:27:44 pm »
My suggestion is:

Sanctuary
1 :light
Heals 1 per turn.
Your quanta and hand can't be altered during your opponent's turn.

Sanctuary
Heals 2 per turn.
Don't forget the hand protection

I like it though

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276247#msg276247
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2011, 01:48:49 pm »
I like the healing. I think Zanz is trying to nerf SoG by making other cards have good healing as well. Also more healing will make pure rushes not as effective.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276249#msg276249
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »
My suggestion is:

Sanctuary
Heals 1 per turn.

Sanctuary
Heals 2 per turn.

I like it though
bad idea... 1 turn or 2 turns is kinda bs, considering just how little that matters...
after that, your opponent can still deny the hell out of you, if it's going to be timed, it has to last at least 5 turns

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276252#msg276252
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:02 pm »
My suggestion is:

Sanctuary
Heals 1 per turn.

Sanctuary
Heals 2 per turn.

I like it though
bad idea... 1 turn or 2 turns is kinda bs, considering just how little that matters...
after that, your opponent can still deny the hell out of you, if it's going to be timed, it has to last at least 5 turns
That suggestion has no timer.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276255#msg276255
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2011, 02:06:18 pm »
^^
I feel like an idiot... (no pun intended)
for some reason, my brain processed it to be "heal for 1 turn" and "heal for 2 turns"

Cynxos

Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276265#msg276265
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2011, 02:37:22 pm »
What I seem to hate about this topic is people shouting: "this isn't what the card is suppoused to do".
How do you know? Are you Zanz?
I do however support not making it imaterial. But a timer is a horrible idea.
Maybe lower the heal?
But people seem to forget that the heal is the only thing keeping this card from being extremly situational.

YoYoBro

Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276271#msg276271
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2011, 02:44:59 pm »
Another really nice card that I get to see now, was waiting for this one :D great work zanz, looks balanced, and a fine countermeasure to many disruptive mechanics. Does it prevent nightmare too?

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276299#msg276299
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2011, 03:24:58 pm »
Another really nice card that I get to see now, was waiting for this one :D great work zanz, looks balanced, and a fine countermeasure to many disruptive mechanics. Does it prevent nightmare too?
I agree, but unfortunately it prevents Nightmare.

What I seem to hate about this topic is people shouting: "this isn't what the card is suppoused to do".
How do you know? Are you Zanz?
I do however support not making it imaterial. But a timer is a horrible idea.
Maybe lower the heal?
But people seem to forget that the heal is the only thing keeping this card from being extremly situational.
Zanz said that his idea with this card was making it protect your hand/quanta or something like that. I believe he wasn't lying.

Actually, I don't see what problem is there to make this a timed permanent with a lower cost.

Healing? Ok, but definitely not the point of the card - see Purify. This helps the card to become less of a SoG's little brother.

Quanta and hand protection? Let's see the cards affected:

- Discord: the main problem, the main issue. You need you Sanctuary out fast - hence low cost - for it to be effective, and you don't need it for long, especially if you can chain them. You just need 5 turns to get your favourite rush started, you can beat entropy war decks with 5 turns of protection, possibly more. And if they want to destroy it, well, no BH for them - or an instable trio which is IMO worse.
- Pest: steal it. No problem. Good counter, not a shutdown.
- Black Hole: not that much of an issue really. Wait for Sanc to go down, hit hard with 3,4 BHs in a row. Hit with BH a rainbow before it gets 4 light out. Golden.
- Silence: good counter, but not a destructive one.
- Nightmere: needs to be buffed anyway.
So what's the problem with 1-2 cost and timer?
The problem is that it'd turn to be too situational (see purify, it's underused). The idea of quanta protection+slight healing is a generally good effect (heal) along with a counter to other mechanic (quanta/hand protection).
If you add a timer you'll lose its use in stalls, that are the decks that will mostly use this. Rushes don't suffer from quanta denial by itself, they suffer from CC (is not the same Pestal than Pestal+Siphons/Lightings).
So this is a good counter to other cards that will see little use if you add a timer, and a 10 turn timer is also a situational option (UP in some situations, OP in others... long story short? broken).
Just nerf the cost/healing a little bit and I'm done.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276310#msg276310
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2011, 03:47:22 pm »
I don't believe the last War to be situational. But I wasn't there, so you might want to ask a war veteran what they think about it.

The problem is that it'd turn to be too situational (see purify, it's underused).

If you add a timer you'll lose its use in stalls, that are the decks that will mostly use this.

Rushes don't suffer from quanta denial by itself, they suffer from CC (is not the same Pestal than Pestal+Siphons/Lightings).
See above. I don't believe this is supposed to stop things like Pestal, that's a fine deck. But Discord? Hell yeah. Dark Matter? That, also, but I don't believe CCYB really needs more help...

Anyway, I digress. Stalls won't use it with a timer? Of course they will. Dark Matter is an autoquit for rainbows now. When this is out, they can use it, and even with a timer, 5 turns of being safe from BHs mean you can definitely get your field laid out, and have a chance. Not the perfect counter you expected? Yeah, but let me ask you this: is BH a perfect counter to Rainbows? If so, why the hell should rainbows have a perfect counter to their perfect counter? A small counter would work, but I don't think they NEED more help, really.

Rushes suffer from denial as well, try USEM against a Discord + BH and we'll see how that goes.

And Discord is the problem. With a low cost and a timer, you solve that problem. Without a low cost, you probably don't.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Kael Hate

Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276314#msg276314
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2011, 03:47:51 pm »
I look at this card and Hate it.

Why, because of what it says about the expected environment.

- It doesn't stop Silence Lock
 - Nightmare is already crap
 - Devourer isn't that strong
 - Discord is faster and has Butterfly effect at hand

This means its going to be ready for a new batch of cards to screw around with hand/quanta where they will be better than the meta and just piss me off when I play the game. This is why I hate this card.

If Elements is going to head into these waters, consider search/draw/recycle mechanics first, then we can look and these other NPEs

kobisjeruk

Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276324#msg276324
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2011, 04:01:24 pm »
- Discord is faster and has Butterfly effect at hand
actually it depends on whos playing first (and RNG of course)
i believe the cost (4 :light | 3 :light) is intentional because both discord (3 :entropy) and BH (4 :gravity) are around that
reducing the cost will make this card super effective against grass type pokemon against what it was supposed to counter but increasing it will lead to something useless and totally defeat the purpose
the cost is just about right imo but the heal effect is and will be an issue
it wont surprise me if the heal effect will be reduced when 1.27 actually comes out

Tyhaux2

Re: Sanctuary | Sanctuary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21502.msg276495#msg276495
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2011, 07:50:15 pm »
well this is where i stand on this card... 6 turn timer and 1 to cost and reducing the life 3(not i care about the life). the hand i really could care less about(but it does make this card slightly O/P(if discard ever came around). and protects your quatrum.

blarg: