*Author

Offline regen2k9Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • *dances*
  • Awards: Beginners League 2/2012 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Divine Miracles (unupped) [PvP1] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35427.msg445967#msg445967
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:34:05 pm »
Divine Miracles
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5la 5la 5la 5la 5la 5la 5ld 5ld 5ld 5lh 5lh 5li 5li 5li 5li 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 8pq

*The "shards" are Shards of Divinity.  The deck code importer only seems to recognize the upped SoD.

The basic idea of this deck is to continually increase your life total and gain life by using SoD + Miracle.
Against most decks, the general plan of action should be to put up a solar shield as soon as the opponent gets his/her first creature out.  The early game should be spent building up quanta to play dragons and a morning star (if it is in your hand).  Once your hp begins to dwindle, spam SoDs.  As you get down to the last bits of HP, play a miracle and boost your life total back up to it's SoD-increased amount.  Repeat.  Keep in mind that against rushes, you may need to play your SoDs a bit earlier than usual.

This deck fares poorly against denial decks, as well as decks that utilize gravity shield and Dimensional Shield.  Keep in mind that as the stall is built around increasing HP and using dragons and your sword to deal repeated chunks of damage through to your opponent, there is no PC.  This deck is also capable of decking out opponents who are running <35 card decks.  However, a pure deck out build would require more cards, and thus would decrease the likelihood of drawing your SoD + Miracle combo.

Alternate Builds
Healing Build:
It is possible to include sanctuary in order to have constant HP gain.  In order to do this, remove 3 solar shields, and add in approx. 4 sanctuaries and 2 light pillars (exact number not tested).

Buff Build:
Some may find it ideal for this deck to have more firepower or dragon hp (so it takes >2 spell uses to kill them).  If this is the case, one may include several blessings, adding in a couple of light pillars as well.  Note: This is, in my opinion, the least effective of the three builds.

All right, so that's my deck.  A fair warning, using this deck will cause a few rage-quits  ;D  Please feel free to add your comments/suggestions below!
Walk towards the :light...

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Divine Miracles (unupped) [PvP1] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35427.msg446030#msg446030
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:13:15 am »
Minus the shards, I've used this deck in pvp tournaments before, and it does reasonably well.  I think I usually used 6x dragon 6x miracle 1x morning star, 2x solar shield or sanctuary (depending on mood/tourney rules) and 15x pillar/pend.  As a 34 card deck I think that 14 light pillars isn't nearly enough; you need a lot of quanta to play the dragons and miracles, even with solar shields.  I went with 50% pillars when I used this type of deck, and that was about right for me.

mono-rainbow

Re: Divine Miracles (unupped) [PvP1] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35427.msg446106#msg446106
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 03:40:39 am »
might be a bit to excessive on the miracles.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Divine Miracles (unupped) [PvP1] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35427.msg446245#msg446245
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:47:32 pm »
Minus the shards, I've used this deck in pvp tournaments before, and it does reasonably well.  I think I usually used 6x dragon 6x miracle 1x morning star, 2x solar shield or sanctuary (depending on mood/tourney rules) and 15x pillar/pend.  As a 34 card deck I think that 14 light pillars isn't nearly enough; you need a lot of quanta to play the dragons and miracles, even with solar shields.  I went with 50% pillars when I used this type of deck, and that was about right for me.
The bucklers are extraordinary. I would count them at least as a Pillar each, but they get incredibely good late game.

might be a bit to excessive on the miracles.
What people do to get access to tournaments :/
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Silver

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Silver is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Divine Miracles (unupped) [PvP1] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35427.msg457856#msg457856
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 07:50:20 am »
oh i remember fighting this.

seems a lot better now that i know it has dragons :p

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Divine Miracles (unupped) [PvP1] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35427.msg457865#msg457865
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 08:27:27 am »
-shield, -2 dragon. -2 pillars.
Should be good. Yes, this is annoying deck to rushes.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Powerfrog

Re: Divine Miracles (unupped) [PvP1] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35427.msg458170#msg458170
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:19:41 pm »
I'd probably add 4 sancturaries.
  • They heal you 4 hp a turn each. Increasing the time between miracle uses and possibly getting an EM.
  • They stop devourers/nightmare
  • They make a good distraction for steals and deflags, instead of your pillars.
Maybe add a pillar or two, but i'd have to test it first.

Offline chrispybacon84

• Reputation Power: 5
  • chrispybacon84 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Most successful war noob :)
  • Awards: War #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Divine Miracles (unupped) [PvP1] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35427.msg1209633#msg1209633
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 10:34:14 pm »
I'd probably add 4 sancturaries.
  • They heal you 4 hp a turn each. Increasing the time between miracle uses and possibly getting an EM.
  • They stop devourers/nightmare
  • They make a good distraction for steals and deflags, instead of your pillars.
Maybe add a pillar or two, but i'd have to test it first.

Adding sanctuaries takes away the quanta generation aspect of the solar shield. But other than that, it's an amazing addition
"I'm a slut"

anything
blarg: Hyroen