*Author

Cancerplus

Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255635#msg255635
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2011, 11:14:25 pm »
Most versions of Mitosis makes FGs easy. For instance: Mitosis scarabs. Tons of HP, eats ev erything, gets lots of damage due to it.
Actually even before FG's were not that easy to beat with the mitosis scarab. You need a really good draw to get a good flow of scarabs coming. Don't forget that FG's have tons of control(which makes your first scarab or 2 scapegoats) and any shield pretty much stops scarab damage in it's tracks.

Asmius

Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255641#msg255641
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2011, 11:17:47 pm »
Example only. I suppose the nerf is good now, though.

If I had to see another weapon mitosis rush, I might just explode.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255642#msg255642
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2011, 11:18:53 pm »
@RootRanger: I see the point of PVP as pointless...usually results in much frustration. 4/5 of the matches I do in PVP1 I get a "F YOU" or more suggestive things right before he ragequits.
Cards should be balanced based on PvP.
If a card is overpowered against the AI, zanz can change the AI to make the AI more resistant to the card. If a card is underpowered against the AI, zanz can make the AI more vulnerable to the card. Thus, cards can be balanced against the AI without actually changing the mechanics of the card. PvP is different. If a card is overpowered in PvP, then PvP play will be rather boring. The entire metagame will center around that card and countering it. If a card is underpowered in PvP, it will be forgotten and never used because it is not capalbe of beating the top cards.

Also, Elements would really suck without PvP. Why would you grind for rares and upped cards? In order to get more rares and upped cards? Lame. Grinding is for getting a PvP deck and having the tools to be the best player you can be.

Lastly, PvP determines skill more accurately than PvE.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255643#msg255643
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2011, 11:19:41 pm »
Voted for old cost, but not targetting weapons. I felt like the Jade Staffs made it OP, but right now even Fractal is faster than this (only slightly higher cost, and cards come instantly). Mitosis is only good for stalls now, like Rainbows.

funplay

Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255644#msg255644
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2011, 11:20:25 pm »
Most versions of Mitosis makes FGs easy. For instance: Mitosis scarabs. Tons of HP, eats ev erything, gets lots of damage due to it.
Must have missed that deck, altogether with the tests? Mitosis scarabs had to be nerfed a bit to prevent pharaoh becoming useless, imho...most mitosis decks i read about SEEMED to be strong against FGs, but in the end i never heard of any deck, coming even close to that magic 50% winning ratio (e.g. staffosis)...but maybe you give a link to a build, where FGs become easy. That would be great, as mitosis will probably make it into the game.

The nerf about not targeting weapons had to come...its a pity (loved that decks), but understandable...

Concerning PvP: Hard to balance that in advance? Time has to tell?

Edit: voted for no weapon targetting, cost increase by 1...old version was just a bit to cheap, imho...

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255647#msg255647
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2011, 11:22:43 pm »
Yeah, even with old mitosis, the best deck I have encountered was a dragon one, and that had a win rate of 47%.

I really don't think it was OP before (excluding the weapon bit, and the jury is still out on that one)
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Asmius

Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255656#msg255656
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2011, 11:35:22 pm »
zanz can change the AI
Sure about that?

Scarob-tosis is just an example. I'm not saying it's real.

Just wanted to clear that up. Anyways - I truly believe if Mitosis makes it to the game, it will ruin it completely.

Cancerplus

Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255663#msg255663
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2011, 11:47:34 pm »
zanz can change the AI
Sure about that?

Scarob-tosis is just an example. I'm not saying it's real.

Just wanted to clear that up. Anyways - I truly believe if Mitosis makes it to the game, it will ruin it completely.
It is easily stopped by any CC targeted at the mother Scarab. Like most decks it takes a while for it to get set up. You need at least 5 scarabs and 2 bonds to keep you alive and that takes several turns to set up.

If you are talking about FG's then yes you can beat one ones that have small critters and don't rush you right away but then again those are the gods that most people have an easier time with anyways.

PVP wise most rush decks will be able to take out the player before the 7th turn(which is usually the critical turn from being in danger to being in complete control).

If you think about it it's a lot like the RoL hope deck in terms or performance.

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255686#msg255686
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2011, 12:22:49 am »
Cards should be balanced based on PvP.
If a card is overpowered against the AI, zanz can change the AI to make the AI more resistant to the card. If a card is underpowered against the AI, zanz can make the AI more vulnerable to the card. Thus, cards can be balanced against the AI without actually changing the mechanics of the card. PvP is different. If a card is overpowered in PvP, then PvP play will be rather boring. The entire metagame will center around that card and countering it. If a card is underpowered in PvP, it will be forgotten and never used because it is not capalbe of beating the top cards.
Yeah didn't Zanz already increased the priority of Mitozied creatures by the FGs? Before they just target any of my dragons as if the mother dragon is like every other one. But now I think the FGs will target the mother one first (not that they can, because I Quint my mother dragon anyways). THe 47% deck is here,  but that's with a lot of FGs with Mitosis that counters me. WIth it gone in the real game, it can rise or drop, depends on further edits of the card itself.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20018.msg271161#msg271161
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Tea is good

Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255700#msg255700
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2011, 12:45:12 am »
will be UP with too much cost.

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255703#msg255703
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2011, 12:47:05 am »
So, since the general consensus (so far) is undo half, or all of the cost increase, but maintain the no cloning weapons part, how do we go about lobbying for it to change back?
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Mitosis' Recent Nerf/Balancing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg255713#msg255713
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2011, 01:02:01 am »
So, since the general consensus (so far) is undo half, or all of the cost increase, but maintain the no cloning weapons part, how do we go about lobbying for it to change back?
You hope Zanz sees your thread. He will probably change it back to the cost at least. I still havent seen a deck that really is OP even with weapons included. So I voted to just change it back to normal. Every time someone posted one, I tested and it ended up having a horrible win rate
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

blarg: