*Author

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254074#msg254074
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2011, 12:52:38 pm »
The correct fix was to nerf the combo, not the cards.  While what you call it is hardly important, mitosis is not OP.  A combo that uses mitosis is OP.  I prefer to use the word 'broken' to describe such a problem.
And I prefer to not invent multiple names for the very same thing.
If a cards X, Y are not OP separately, but a combo X+Y is OP, than... the combo is OP. It's an easy and understandable term. If you start creating thousands or redundant terms, mastering the game will be harder than passing college. Think about the new users for a while, we are already using a weird jargon here.

And read the thread please. Even though a lot of users called Mitosis OP, they meant that Mitosis + Weapon or Mitosis + SoR is OP. All of the nerf propositions were attacking the combos, not the card.

This is my message for the community. Please keep the semantics clear and simple.

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254168#msg254168
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »
I agree. Semantic arguments are the worst kind.

Well, they are right behind incorrect arguments made by one who won't listen to reason.

But semantic arguments are really bad.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254381#msg254381
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2011, 06:20:57 pm »
The correct fix was to nerf the combo, not the cards.  While what you call it is hardly important, mitosis is not OP.  A combo that uses mitosis is OP.  I prefer to use the word 'broken' to describe such a problem.
And I prefer to not invent multiple names for the very same thing.
If a cards X, Y are not OP separately, but a combo X+Y is OP, than... the combo is OP. It's an easy and understandable term. If you start creating thousands or redundant terms, mastering the game will be harder than passing college. Think about the new users for a while, we are already using a weird jargon here.

And read the thread please. Even though a lot of users called Mitosis OP, they meant that Mitosis + Weapon or Mitosis + SoR is OP. All of the nerf propositions were attacking the combos, not the card.

This is my message for the community. Please keep the semantics clear and simple.
Yes. "Broken" is a term that people use in M:tG. In Elements, we simply say OP, or overpowered. If we strive to reinforce our own jargon within the community, it will be easier for new players to understand how to communicate better.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254393#msg254393
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2011, 06:31:06 pm »
Yeah, I'm with this guy ^^.   The only thing I've seen in Elements that was ever literally broken was that bug that this guy ^^ found that allowed him to win with infinite life, receive infinite electrum, and get an infinite score.  That was broken.  Anything that doesn't literally break the game is merely overpowered. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254531#msg254531
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2011, 08:51:33 pm »
please limit the words you use to seven or fewer letters each, so we can all be on the same page.
moose dont say moo.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254567#msg254567
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »
Unfortunately, intrinsic opinions disallow proceeding thuswise.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Time_lord_victorius

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Time_lord_victorius is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm not the Doctor, I'm Victorius
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254595#msg254595
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2011, 10:34:33 pm »
Life Rushes just jumped leaps and  bounds.
quite a few boundaries and borders actually
-Education is an admirable thing. But it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

-A true friend stabs you in the front
Oscar Wilde

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254605#msg254605
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2011, 10:45:05 pm »
please limit the words you use to seven or fewer letters each, so we can all be on the same page.
Unfortunately, intrinsic opinions disallow proceeding thuswise.
I just L.O.L.ed so hard.

penguin3921

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254646#msg254646
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2011, 11:33:22 pm »
is this like Deja Vu where it can only be used once and the daughter inherits the status?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254647#msg254647
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2011, 11:33:55 pm »
is this like Deja Vu where it can only be used once and the daughter inherits the status?
It can be used multiple times.  The daughter does not inherit the stats.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

freezekougra

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254654#msg254654
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:14 pm »
Idk if it's been mentioned(can't read through 20 pgs :P) but I think in some games when I use mitosis(card), I can use the effect the exact same turn...while in some games I can't

Animate weapon and mitosis is pretty good. Vamp dagger is cheap :)

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg254661#msg254661
« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2011, 11:42:34 pm »
Idk if it's been mentioned(can't read through 20 pgs :P) but I think in some games when I use mitosis(card), I can use the effect the exact same turn...while in some games I can't

Animate weapon and mitosis is pretty good. Vamp dagger is cheap :)
If your creature has been on the field for more than 1 turn and then you play Mitosis on the creature, you will be able to use the ability immediately that turn if you have enough quanta.  It's only when Mitosis is applied to a creature the turn it is played on the field that you cannot use it that turn.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

blarg: