*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252870#msg252870
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2011, 10:49:37 pm »
I dislike these ideas a lot. If the card is this way, who will use it? Another card of the creature is much more stable, and a much better option most times. But yeah, that is like an Entropy card.

Dragons + Mitosis + SoR can be powerful with some stall, because surely not the fastest deck, and vulnerable to reverse time, lobotomizer, and other CC. I really dont see it as a gamebreaking strategy.

The single problem I see until now is about flying weapons, because it will be creating copies of 2 cards combo, and doesnt seem fair. Just make weapons invalid targets for this card would be enough to correct the problem.

Other than that, I still think the cost should be 1 more, maybe 2 more. Opinions about this?
+2 cost was an idea that I thought nobody else would like but me, but now that someone else has mentioned it I'm going to say it's the easiest way to balance the card.  The creature spam combos are pretty fragile to CC, so slowing it down shouldn't hurt too much.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252901#msg252901
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2011, 11:38:49 pm »
Lemme start by joining the rare doesn't fix it mob.

One solution would be to either cut the ability cost in 1/2 and make it add the card to your hand, this fixes the flying weapon superpowered decks, and makes it susceptible to anti-fractal cards (dune scorp ftw).

Another idea would have it be a one time thing, but spawn 2 copied creatures. So 1 frog becomes 3, but then loses the mitosis ability. In addition, the daughter cells would be current copies of the card (so no abilities).

Sorry if anyone has already posted these idea, I didn't mean to steal them.
Except that there has yet to be a deck with this card that really IS op. People thought so at first, but it really wasnt after extensive playtesting. It was just a new mechanic that was originally thought to be too good.
Try this
Mark of life
6 drudic staves
5 animate weapons
6 mitosis
3 Adren
10 Life towers

Its OP'd
Ummm... not really? Aside from the fact that each staff is doing only 4 damage w/o adrenaline, and that a single shield will block 2 damage, you have a very low damage output. Its also easy, VERY easy to outrush.  If you get the perfect hand, its wonderful, but I bet the perfect hand of that deck, and the perfect hand of a rush deck, the rush deck would win.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252929#msg252929
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2011, 12:40:05 am »
Uh.. of course it's true. I did it. If it's been fixed, good, but that doesn't affect my testing. Think a little, mm?
My pal DesertKnight did it with Dirks as well.

Heck, here's a ss of me doing it right now:
I got it working with Jade Staffs, and made a 40 card :life / :light deck that used that combo along with Sundials for stalling, and was able to beat a few FGs very consistantly, though the denying ones (Seism, Decay, Dark Matter, etc.) were almost impossible as I relied on Leaf Dragons for my :life Quantum.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252937#msg252937
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2011, 12:59:48 am »
Uh.. of course it's true. I did it. If it's been fixed, good, but that doesn't affect my testing. Think a little, mm?

Well, Higs, I would say that Mitosis would need to be changed, because that Crusader's skill did exactly what it should have done. Pretty scary stuff.

I got it working with Jade Staffs, and made a 40 card :life / :light deck that used that combo along with Sundials for stalling, and was able to beat a few FGs very consistantly, though the denying ones (Seism, Decay, Dark Matter, etc.) were almost impossible as I relied on Leaf Dragons for my :life Quantum.
Funny... I tested the exact same deck. :)

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252939#msg252939
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2011, 01:01:27 am »
Meh, As Zblader said, the additional two quanta would help balance it some. I'd still prefer a turn delay between the uses of Mitosis, if it were possible. I still have a strong feeling that I'm going to be annoyed by this card a lot when it gets implemented to the game, just like Silence. Not used a whole hell of a lot, but enough to aggravate the opponent.

--
Also, Hi again, Z.
And Uncle J's awesome from being just a jellyfish.

( Off topic here too. I know I saw it somewhere, but I'm too lazy too look for it again. How many posts is it before you can pick predetermined profile pictures and so on? )

Tea is good

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252958#msg252958
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2011, 01:31:23 am »
I would like to see full board of flying weapons
Wish Granted, yes all the staffs with regenerate skill have adrenaline, yes I did lose.

This pic shows how scary a thing mitosis can be, but it also shows the curious vulnerabilities.

(http://imageplay.net/view/m7Gbd125802/Screen_shot_2011_01_19_at_10.2)

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252961#msg252961
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2011, 01:38:10 am »
50 posts to become a Jr. Member -> can choose an "element" avatar and other additions (see forum profile to edit this when you reach 50)

200 posts is the next level where you can make a "custom" avatar.
30 posts actually. 200 allows you to take one from a URL, 500 allows you to upload one from your files.

Speaking of which, why don't you have an avatar? :)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Flayne

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252962#msg252962
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2011, 01:38:21 am »
I would like to see full board of flying weapons
Wish Granted, yes all the staffs with regenerate skill have adrenaline, yes I did lose.

This pic shows how scary a thing mitosis can be, but it also shows the curious vulnerabilities.

(http://imageplay.net/view/m7Gbd125802/Screen_shot_2011_01_19_at_10.2)
Gravity shield is the only thing that can stop that Madness of a rush!

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252963#msg252963
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2011, 01:39:47 am »
looks like this card is indirectly buffing gravity shield  8)
yet another epic win from zanz
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline Appawesome

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Appawesome is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252975#msg252975
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2011, 01:48:32 am »
How is it buffing gravity shield?

Flayne

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252984#msg252984
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2011, 01:52:09 am »
I think he means that "Gravity shield" is the "Purify" to "Mitosis"
indirectly speaking.

basically Gravity shield will have more of a use against such an effect

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252987#msg252987
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2011, 01:54:44 am »
The common consensus appears to be that Flying Druidic Staffs + Mitosis or Emerald Dragon + Mitosis + SoR will be overused once Mitosis is released.  Gravity Shield stops all damage from both of these completely, making it more used to counter a new more popular deck type.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

blarg: