*Author

Flayne

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252233#msg252233
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2011, 12:28:56 am »
I'm not sure what you just said, but you can't compare this to PU in any way, shape or form. It's even closer to FFQ than it is to PU.

It requires a creature to -stay alive-, so it's not entirely comparable to Fractal either, since you can just dump that whenever you want. It's capable of making some decks more stable provided you don't expect CC, such as Devourer denial. In that case, you get the denial out faster.

But yes, it's a great card for Life and combos with any element. Just like Fractal.
so if the Spawner dies, then all it´s spawns die? or do you mean it needs the creature alive to place the effect? in the first case it really is nothing similar to TU or Fractal but the second case is obvious. thats only one condition to use the ability, the rest of its benefits are ready for the taking.

TDenverFan

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252305#msg252305
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2011, 02:54:44 am »
I'm not sure what you just said, but you can't compare this to PU in any way, shape or form. It's even closer to FFQ than it is to PU.

It requires a creature to -stay alive-, so it's not entirely comparable to Fractal either, since you can just dump that whenever you want. It's capable of making some decks more stable provided you don't expect CC, such as Devourer denial. In that case, you get the denial out faster.

But yes, it's a great card for Life and combos with any element. Just like Fractal.
so if the Spawner dies, then all it´s spawns die? or do you mean it needs the creature alive to place the effect? in the first case it really is nothing similar to TU or Fractal but the second case is obvious. thats only one condition to use the ability, the rest of its benefits are ready for the taking.
He means you need a creature alive. Personally, I think this card makes some cards (Pharos, FFQs) useless or much less usefull.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252318#msg252318
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:05 am »
No, it has nothing to do with PU. It gives you the base creature, not a copy. No buffs transfer. It's more like a slow Fractal, if you want to make a skewed comparison.
But comparing to TU´s cost of 6  :aether, despite the fact that the ability cost = the cost of the creature and no stat transfer,
still makes this a considerably cheaper TU or fractal imo.
plus its a huge buff on life rush
It is NOTHING like TU, and for many cards its actually MORE EXPENSIVE.

If the card is over 6  :rainbow then its more expensive. AND you get NONE of the buffs of the creature you are mutating. And your regular creature can no longer use its ability. And compared to fractal....

You play mitosis on a creature. You get 1 creature out. The creature is killed. Thats all you get for creatures. Meanwhile, Fractal guarentees however many cards you got.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Flayne

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252323#msg252323
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2011, 03:27:45 am »
No, it has nothing to do with PU. It gives you the base creature, not a copy. No buffs transfer. It's more like a slow Fractal, if you want to make a skewed comparison.
But comparing to TU´s cost of 6  :aether, despite the fact that the ability cost = the cost of the creature and no stat transfer,

If the card is over 6  :rainbow then its more expensive. AND you get NONE of the buffs of the creature you are mutating. And your regular creature can no longer use its ability. And compared to fractal....

You play mitosis on a creature. You get 1 creature out. The creature is killed. Thats all you get for creatures. Meanwhile, Fractal guarentees however many cards you got.
umm, then just spawn another one, how hard is that?
and what about multiple creatures with the mitosis ability? still think its more expensive? seeming as it is :life and you have a few ways of making :life quanta such as rustler + firefly or simply rustler + :light pendulum,  etc.
with such effects, you can easily create a huge group of creatures.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252329#msg252329
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2011, 03:37:48 am »

umm, then just spawn another one, how hard is that?
and what about multiple creatures with the mitosis ability? still think its more expensive? seeming as it is :life and you have a few ways of making :life quanta such as rustler + firefly or simply rustler + :light pendulum,  etc.
with such effects, you can easily create a huge group of creatures.
The creature you casted mitosis on is killed, not the creature mitosis spawned... I thought that was sorta obvious.

The things you described are all great... in a mono life deck. So yes, mono life will have a lot easier time spawning creatures. But thats about all. If its a fire creature ou use it on, say Lava Destroyer, it will cost 5 :fire to play. Please playtest the card more. You have already shown you havent really used it all that much. Use it a lot. Even experienced players, were saying "OMG this card is so OP" and then after using it more, they realize "oh wait, this card isnt all I though it was". It makes a great first impression, but once you get over the new mechanic, you realize it doesnt turn you into an instawin machine like people originally thought it did,

Offline rowcla

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • poni poni poni poni
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252330#msg252330
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2011, 03:38:33 am »
wait a minute this plus SoR on a golden dragon would be way too op
Poni? Poni poni poni!

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252334#msg252334
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2011, 03:41:40 am »
wait a minute this plus SoR on a golden dragon would be way too op
Already been said. Its too slow. No faster than any already existing rush deck. If anything its slower, although I think its more fun lol.

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252337#msg252337
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2011, 03:43:39 am »
@rowcla, it's less OP than u think...
jade dragon is better for that combo...
what's OP about the card is flying staffs, and some other weapons
fix: the daughter goes to ur hand, the mitosis ability doesn't cost anything

Flayne

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252338#msg252338
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2011, 03:47:15 am »
The creature you casted mitosis on is killed, not the creature mitosis spawned... I thought that was sorta obvious.

The things you described are all great... in a mono life deck. So yes, mono life will have a lot easier time spawning creatures. But thats about all. If its a fire creature ou use it on, say Lava Destroyer, it will cost 5  to play. Please playtest the card more. You have already shown you havent really used it all that much. Use it a lot. Even experienced players, were saying "OMG this card is so OP" and then after using it more, they realize "oh wait, this card isnt all I though it was". It makes a great first impression, but once you get over the new mechanic, you realize it doesnt turn you into an instawin machine like people originally thought it did,
Oh my bad, i thought you meant the spawned creature since you said "you get 1 out. The creature is killed"

but besides that i guess your right, i didn´t playtest it enough (btw i only playtested it in life rush) but i still have the impression of it being a huge boost to life rush.

Offline rowcla

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • poni poni poni poni
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252341#msg252341
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2011, 03:48:31 am »
i was thinking a rol hope with a life mark so you can get a leaf dragon, that doesnt need speed
Poni? Poni poni poni!

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252343#msg252343
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2011, 03:49:51 am »
This was thought at first too. I know FG's arent meant to be used fo balance, but the deck essence put together that he originally thought was the new king of FG killing, really ended up being worse than shakars revenge, and slower. No weapon, after extensive playtesting, has actually been found to be OP yet. If you give a deck, and people agree after extenssive playtesting, then I may change my mind, but I dont even see any of the weapons as OP with this card right now.

dramore

Re: Mitosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg252378#msg252378
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2011, 05:07:48 am »
OMG. I love this card.  Already have several sweet deck ideas with it. Like this + pest + black dragons. Build up to a fast quanta sucking deck with a big wammy on the end. Or even this + Amerigo + catapult(also has the benefit of damage reduction) + overdrive.. This card is way more powerful than it looks at frist glance.

As a side note, any A.I. needs to have a "kill this quick" sticker painted on any creature that pops a mitosis or it'll get over run and dead fast.

Code: [Select]
7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t5 7t5 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7tb 7tb 7tb 7tb 7um 7um 7um 7umCheck out this deck. above

Mark Of Life

4 Mitosis
4 Animate Weapon
6 Obsidian Towers
2 Obsidian Dragons
6 Pest
4 Vampire Daggers(upgraded)
4 Dark Pendulums

anything
blarg: