*Author

Scaredgirl

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg66886#msg66886
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 11:52:48 am »
Yeah, this is a really complex card, it is fun and challenge to program, though. It would surely need lots of code and will cause some bugs, but it is also fun to play with. Card ideas shouldn't really consider how difficult they are to code, that's what Zanzarino does when he actually decides to write them.
What he said.

We are here to give the developers new ideas. We are not here to design production-ready cards. Something being difficult to code (our non-developer opinion) should not be a factor.

Flash is very flexible in terms of what you can and can't do, so I wouldn't worry about that. I'm pretty sure Elements already has more complex pieces of code than this would be.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg66898#msg66898
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 12:10:37 pm »
Very unique indeed... and I just thought of something crazy:
  • Target an ally creature with this spell
  • Immortalize the original creature while having this doll still targeted
  • Having a spare angel to heal
  • ???
  • Profit off your immortal creature who is no longer being affected by any poison or fire shield effect
Also:

Fractal isn't a problem as it creates an unbuffed copy in hand, it doesn't affect the original doll, so no problem.
...this is confusing. Doesn't that mean that the 'doll' would also cost the same amount of quanta of the original target, meaning that unless your deck is a multi-elemental type (duo/trio/rainbow) with that quanta generation, that Fractal would be pointless to use on a doll anyway?

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg66926#msg66926
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 12:49:57 pm »
Very unique indeed... and I just thought of something crazy:
  • Target an ally creature with this spell
  • Immortalize the original creature while having this doll still targeted
  • Having a spare angel to heal
  • ???
  • Profit off your immortal creature who is no longer being affected by any poison or fire shield effect
Except that
1. Immortal creatures are still affected by shields (fire/thorn/ice).
2. Enemy can still target your doll, so when your doll suffers a spell (poison, direct damage), your own card will feel it.

Also:

Fractal isn't a problem as it creates an unbuffed copy in hand, it doesn't affect the original doll, so no problem.
...this is confusing. Doesn't that mean that the 'doll' would also cost the same amount of quanta of the original target, meaning that unless your deck is a multi-elemental type (duo/trio/rainbow) with that quanta generation, that Fractal would be pointless to use on a doll anyway?

Fractal creates an unbuffed (in doll's case, an unattached) copy. The copies would cost the original 6/4 dark quanta cost of a brand new doll. Fractal is not entirely pointless if you got tons of dark quanta, the price is a bit prohibitive in non-pure dark decks, but doll is a tough card.

assassim

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg66949#msg66949
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 02:52:23 pm »
Actually I was thinking of making a  "doll" card to pair up with this (kind of like ash). The doll would be a standalone card and will have the ability of the spell (turning into a linked doll)

6/4  :darkness
0/1 Stats (Intended to be VERY weak at start)
0 cost to just the ability (turns into a linked doll)

PU on a doll would make two dolls linked to the same target.

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg66977#msg66977
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 04:14:17 pm »
I like the idea of the doll existing as a creature.  This way, when you bring it out the opponent has a turn to deal with it because of its summoning sickness.  Prevents you from being able to play Doll>Immolate and get a free creature kill on your opponent without them being able to do anything (I know shockwave/congeal does this, but there is no added benefit from that like there is to Immolation). 

Would it be possible to have an ability called "Link fates" or something along those lines (Wanted to say Destiny Bond because I've been playing Pokemon)?  An activated, one-use ability that could have no cost and would result in the doll copying the HP of the target then the link between them being created. 

bigbadbanana

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg67278#msg67278
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 11:24:45 pm »
Man.... I wanna try this card with immolation so bad!!!!

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg68916#msg68916
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 01:34:26 am »
If a doll was reverse timed, would the original creature be reversed timed?
And if the doll is reverse timed as well, that could start a 'card denial' tactic...sounds very Evil. I'm into it!

assassim

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg68990#msg68990
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 05:40:55 am »
If a doll was reverse timed, would the original creature be reversed timed?
And if the doll is reverse timed as well, that could start a 'card denial' tactic...sounds very Evil. I'm into it!
Yes, both cards (doll and original) would be reversed timed into the owners decks!  :))

Scaredgirl

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg71611#msg71611
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 06:40:13 am »
I think the cost should be either..
5 :darkness and 4 :darkness, or
6 :darkness and 5 :darkness.

Going from 6 :darkness to 4 :darkness is to much imo, and I don't think any other card in elements does that much (-34%).

Other than that, it's great.

Kael Hate

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg81053#msg81053
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 02:25:31 pm »
Prettied up the Main post.
Added the Details to the Additional Notes.

Suggestions

Give the Doll the skill "Voodoo X" where X is the Targets side and Creature slot.
Ie. the opponents first creature would be "Voodoo o1"
Ie. the opponents seventeenth creature would be "Voodoo o17"
Ie. your allied first creature would be "Voodoo a1"
Ie. your allied Twenty-first creature would be "Voodoo a21"

Have voodoo redirect any action to the affected target instead. This would prevent parallel Conundrums where you have to do multiple things that conflict. Like Fractal filling your hand with dolls and the voodoo'd creature at the same time. Reverse time creating a doll that does nothing or a doll that has to link again.

Also that if the target leaves play the Voodoo doll simply loses its Voodoo ability or better could gain the targets ability and attack as a bonus.

People like the idea so I'm thinking of way to make it plausibly codeable in the game. An idea that can never possibly work is useless.

assassim

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg81064#msg81064
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 02:54:04 pm »
Prettied up the Main post.
Added the Details to the Additional Notes.

Suggestions

Give the Doll the skill "Voodoo X" where X is the Targets side and Creature slot.
Ie. the opponents first creature would be "Voodoo o1"
Ie. the opponents seventeenth creature would be "Voodoo o17"
Ie. your allied first creature would be "Voodoo a1"
Ie. your allied Twenty-first creature would be "Voodoo a21"

Have voodoo redirect any action to the affected target instead. This would prevent parallel Conundrums where you have to do multiple things that conflict. Like Fractal filling your hand with dolls and the voodoo'd creature at the same time. Reverse time creating a doll that does nothing or a doll that has to link again.

Also that if the target leaves play the Voodoo doll simply loses its Voodoo ability or better could gain the targets ability and attack as a bonus.

People like the idea so I'm thinking of way to make it plausibly codeable in the game. An idea that can never possibly work is useless.
I like the first suggestion about Voodoo X creatures, could make it a lot easier to implement, and the third one with the doll gaining the target's attack and HP as a bonus. (Adding these to main post)

However, for the second point I like to have both the doll and creature take the same punishment/bonus instead of just the original creature, which would take out the voodoo theme of the card.

@ SG
I know that the cost for the upgraded version is a large difference, but then so is dusk mantle (I used those costs)

Kael Hate

Re: Puppet | Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg81098#msg81098
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 03:46:56 pm »
However, for the second point I like to have both the doll and creature take the same punishment/bonus instead of just the original creature, which would take out the voodoo theme of the card.
In Voodoo the use of the Doll is as a Locus allowing the user to directly affect the targets Spirit. So it seemed appropriate that the mechanic could work that way. Also there is the apreciation that a doll is inanimate and can't really die if it isn't alive. The the redirection works better with "When you die I become you effect".

Magic has a Voodoo doll called "Stuffy Doll" they made the card Indestructible so that the damage could be passed on but destroying it outright would be fine. It deals damage that is done to it to the target but can't die itself.

blarg: