*Author

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg287412#msg287412
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 05:35:01 am »
The rule has to be made, and the line has to be drawn somewhere. I think cards should only enter the Reliquary if Zanz says they influenced the cards introduced into the game.

New cards are added to the Crucible every day.
Every update, more ideas are exhausted and put into cards.
As time passes, new ideas in the Crucible and cards designed by Zanz will become more and more similar to cards already in the game or crucible/forge archive because the amount of possible unique ideas will run out.
Eventually, more and more of Zanz's ideas will be similar to cards in the archives or polls even if Zanz has never seen those cards before.
Finally, after enough updates and time that has passed, the new cards will all look similar to something that already exists.

So should we give recognition to everyone who just happens to come up with an idea that Zanz also happened to come up with? I think not. In the future, dozens of people would claim they have a card that influenced Zanz just because they created a similar idea by sheer luck. Is this what we want to award? No, we should award the people who directly influence Zanz.
Somehow still around, somewhat

assassim

Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg287419#msg287419
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 06:03:14 am »
If I remember correctly, zanz did say he was thinking of making a cloak card in chat which was posted as an interview under general discussion quite a long time ago..

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg287441#msg287441
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 07:42:50 am »
If I remember correctly, zanz did say he was thinking of making a cloak card in chat which was posted as an interview under general discussion quite a long time ago..
You mean Cloak | Cloak?
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17613.0.html

Sorry for going off topic!

wizelsnarf

Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg287604#msg287604
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 03:22:53 pm »
My card is nearly identical to the one Zanz came up with - the difference being it didn't cover permanents. Mine had 3 turns of coverage - Zanz originally had 2 for cloak but made it 3 this update as 2 didn't work. Incredible how close my card came.

Zanz specifically said my card did not influence him though - despite the nearly identical idea. For me that is the end of it - I was just ahead of my time.

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg325350#msg325350
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 11:08:40 pm »
So should we give recognition to everyone who just happens to come up with an idea that Zanz also happened to come up with? I think not. In the future, dozens of people would claim they have a card that influenced Zanz just because they created a similar idea by sheer luck. Is this what we want to award? No, we should award the people who directly influence Zanz.
And we simply can ask Zanz whether he was influenced by someone or not.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg413261#msg413261
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 06:10:16 pm »
Thanks to Xenocidius for updating the main post and writing an article for Shard of Intuition! :)

SamuraiZach0

Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg462193#msg462193
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2012, 01:47:39 pm »
I'm not exactly sure how the votes for new cards works out, and I really don't even know where I should be asking this, but what I wonder is how the voting works. Are the cards from The Forge open to votes for one week, then the top 2, 3 or 4 highest voted ones move on over to The Armory, then the Reliquary? After said cards have been moved/taken out or whatever happens is the voting refreshed and the same cards plus new ones added and voting begins again?

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg462363#msg462363
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2012, 08:03:49 pm »
I'm not exactly sure how the votes for new cards works out, and I really don't even know where I should be asking this, but what I wonder is how the voting works. Are the cards from The Forge open to votes for one week, then the top 2, 3 or 4 highest voted ones move on over to The Armory, then the Reliquary? After said cards have been moved/taken out or whatever happens is the voting refreshed and the same cards plus new ones added and voting begins again?
Cards are only moved to the Reliquary if they actually become added to the game or inspire a new card that is added to the game.

Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg473015#msg473015
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:24 pm »
vodoo doll  ;D

Offline nickis200

• Reputation Power: 1
  • nickis200 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg495859#msg495859
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2012, 12:27:44 am »
love them gotta think of more cards
even if you think you cant do it. TRY IT

Offline Heavenscall

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Heavenscall is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • only new at forum
Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg511057#msg511057
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 09:13:12 pm »
Particulary very old thread. Whats about that Entropy Shard? Will it replace the SoS? And Minotaur, will come next time?
Who fight can lose, but who donĀ“t fight has already lost

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Level 4 - Reliquary https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6851.msg511059#msg511059
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:22 pm »
Particulary very old thread. Whats about that Entropy Shard? Will it replace the SoS? And Minotaur, will come next time?
No. Level 4 essentially contains what is the 'prototype' form of the ingame counterpart, so to speak.

blarg: