*Author

Offline FIQ

• Reputation Power: 1
  • FIQ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg496412#msg496412
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 09:21:43 pm »
My guess is that this disables Cloak? (as everything else mass-CC)

Offline neuroleptics

• Reputation Power: 13
  • neuroleptics is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.neuroleptics is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I resent the limitations to my own imaginations
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg496416#msg496416
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 09:31:35 pm »
Another CC for water. Nice :) gaining  :water quanta too.
Decks | Arena
Gravity#War 6 | Time #Budokan3 #Guild | Life

Offline Kindred Frenzy

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Kindred Frenzy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg541782#msg541782
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 03:10:57 am »
i just have to say this cards picture is awesome. fits perfectly

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg541805#msg541805
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 05:28:00 am »
This is what a mass 1 damage CC spell should be like.
It definitely deserves its place in the Armory.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg542007#msg542007
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 12:25:19 am »
My personal thoughts: OP. Let me explain.

Assume the opponent has X creatures.

Tstorm does X damage for 1 :air.
Fstorm does 3X damage for 5 :fire.
dessication does 2X damage.

Dessication should cost between 1-5. Around 3 perhaps. How much does dessication actually cost? 4-2X :water. This means, as long as the opponent has 2 creatures, this card is basically free.

Now let's consider a standard event where the opponent has 5 creatures.
Tstorm does 5 damage for 1 :air.
Fstorm does 15 damage for 5 :fire.
dessication does 10 damage for -6 :water.

For being just slightly less stronger than RoF, there's an 11 :underworld quanta gap between fstorm and dessication.

Let us see what happens if both of them dealt the same amount of damage to 5 creatures (assume creatures have more than 6hp).

Fstorm does 30 damage for 2 cards + 10 :fire.
dessication does 30 damage for 3 cards + -18 :water.

For merely one card extra, there is a 28 quanta gap difference.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg542077#msg542077
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 04:22:50 am »
@furballdn
Is Tstorm balanced?
Is the unupped version off Dessication imbalanced?

I honestly did not look at the upgraded Dessication. I do agree it is OP but I think the unupped is fine.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg542080#msg542080
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 04:34:15 am »
@furballdn
Is Tstorm balanced?
Is the unupped version off Dessication imbalanced?

I honestly did not look at the upgraded Dessication. I do agree it is OP but I think the unupped is fine.
Glad to see we at least agree upped version of dessication is OP. I will admit that I have not looked in detail of unupped, but just wanted to draw out how OP the upped version was.

Is Tstorm balanced? I do not know. It might be a bit on the UP weaker side.

Unupped dessication is a bit harder to analyze since it affects all creatures (a -2 cost modifier should be enacted), but it will also increase the amount of :water gained. As it stands now, the changes between upping and unupping make it seem that this card is almost two cards, like chaos seed and chaos power.

Offline TikoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg542107#msg542107
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 06:34:59 am »
This is what a mass 1 damage CC spell should be like.
It definitely deserves its place in the Armory.

First of all, thank you for your compliment, even if it turned out to be ill-considered.

I always wondered what is missing from this topic, as other Card ideas often generate pages of theories and brainstorming, but now Desiccation has it too! And again, what would it take for you people to write down the word correctly?

I understand that everyone is biased towards his/her own card idea, and that said I'm no exception, but I found people tossing around the word 'OP' too easily. These comparsions were already made before, and while your theory may look and stand correct, imagine how would it look like in practice? Wouldn't the result be something similar like with the case of Flooding? Killing 18 creatures with only a single click - but have you ever happen to witness more than 5 creatures dying from it (unless you abused the way the AI works, of course)?

The upgraded/unupgraded card's balance is based off on the notable differences how the two opposing elements operate (apart from the aforementioned similar mass CC cards) by themselves. While Fstorm truly deals more damage and also costs slightly more to summon, if you think about it, Fire - in general - has no real problem to gather the quanta for it and also has various other forms of dealing (high) direct damage to targets; while on the other hand the setup of Water is slow and expensive, but also requires many forms of upkeep (Spirits, Squids, Nymphs, Flooding, not to mention all the off-element abilities). So if you look at that way, as long as you have a spare creature to sacrifice, Fstorm (with a handful of attackers and other utility cards) costs free also. Fire has an easy time filling in that 'quanta gap' - if nothing else - but with pure efficiency.

Planning with Desiccation also requires your opponent to actually play a steady amount of creatures or else your setup can fail critically, so most often than not using Freezes/Bolts are more preferable for actual CC, I guess. Also, the maximum quanta gain for both unupped/upped is 46 :water (-2 :water | -4 :water), which would mean a 10 damage-boosted Ice bolt. Or a few Crawlers/Toads/Drakes that are clogged in your hand. How would that turn out to be that horribly OP compared to other things like Novae, Fractal, or the already mentioned Immolation, where you have the possibility for a *much* higher damage burst?
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg542227#msg542227
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 04:41:16 pm »
Desiccation unupped is a better version of the UP Thunderstorm. Both in the value returned for the cost invested but also in the utility and versatility of the usage. (1 Desiccation is useful. 1 Thunderstorm is rarely useful)

People should remember: When I say OP I might mean needs to cost 1 more or I might mean 2 turn Sundial. Upgraded Desiccation is no where near the 2 turn Sundial.

A comparison Tiko used was Cremation + Damsalfly + Firestorm vs Upgraded Desiccations.
On the fire side we have 3 cards, 3 upgrades and a gain of 3 :fire + 1 of each other
On the water side we have 1.5 cards, 1.5 upgrades and a gain of 1.5 :water (with the estimate of 5 creatures)
From this I would conclude that it is imbalanced but not UP. (aka OP)

What if it dealt 1 damage upgraded like I initially misread? Cremation + Damsalfly + Firestorm vs Upgraded Desiccations.
On the fire side we have 3 cards, 3 upgrades and a gain of 3 :fire + 1 of each other
On the water side we have 3 cards, 3 upgrades and a gain of 3 :water (with the estimate of 5 creatures)
From this I would conclude that it is less imbalanced but is now UP.

What if it dealt 1 damage upgraded like I initially misread but cost less to cast? Cremation + Damsalfly + Firestorm vs Upgraded Desiccations.
On the water side we have 3 cards, 3 upgrades and a gain of 6 :water (with the estimate of 5 creatures)
This looks about balanced to me.

Offline skyironsword

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Yuri Incarnation
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg1004648#msg1004648
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 02:11:36 am »
Oh wait. I just realized. The upped simply shifts all damage from your guys to the opponent... making it even LESS EFFECTIVE if your opponent has fewer guys out. Quanta generation will likely not increase. Only damage.

Still, 4 quanta is a bit  :o low.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg1006128#msg1006128
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 09:29:03 am »
Does this disable Cloak?

Also, I almost fully believe that this is balanced. Only thing is, this would probably increase Bone Wall's power a lot as well. Unupped 3 Bone Yards, 6 Upped Cats, 4-5 Wall, 3 Flooding, 3 Plague, and 3 unupped Desiccation for gaining water needed for Flooding. All with Water Mark. (Plus Quanta Generators)
Note: Based off a Chapuz deck if I remember correctly. (except that had I think 6 plague instead of Desiccation)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:31:24 am by TribalTrouble »

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg1023375#msg1023375
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 05:08:14 am »
New card:
Dry spell / Desiccation

Stalker page showed he was looking at this thread, too. Looks like we'll have another Reliquary card soon :3
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

anything
blarg: