*Author

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg394741#msg394741
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 04:37:19 am »
As we have Plague, Pandemonium, Thunder storm and Rain of fire as mass CC, this is not an unique card idea.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg394779#msg394779
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 07:39:33 am »
Isnt that kinda like saying this creature isn't a unique idea because there are already creatures in the game?

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg394784#msg394784
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 08:16:21 am »
Isnt that kinda like saying this creature isn't a unique idea because there are already creatures in the game?
Not at all. This card is the exact same thing as Rain of Fire and Thunderstorm, aside from the fact that its utility cost varies with how much the opponent swarms. To say that mass-CC and this are unique ideas is like saying that Devourer and a zero-cost Light monster that drains 1 quanta from the opponent and converts it into :light are unique ideas.

Offline TikoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg394790#msg394790
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 09:09:31 am »
I don't see the point of the discussion about the 'uniqueness' of this card, and also why would it be the 'exact' same thing as Rain of Fire or Thunderstorm? Yes, it damages the opposing (and also, your) creatures. So? Warden delays a creature (but also attacks it if somehow buffed), so this makes it the exact same as Squid?

And just as a sidenote: The more complex an idea is the less likely it will happen; this is a simple idea based on simple and already existing mechanics, just as I noted in the first post; but the effect is something that haven't been introduced before. And it also would balance out Water's weaknesses in many aspects of the game. I personally find boring the many freeze effects the Idea section produces, without any regard for balance or redundancy, or if it would help the element in any way. And that goes not only for the Water ideas.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg394792#msg394792
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 09:24:23 am »
I don't see the point of the discussion about the 'uniqueness' of this card, and also why would it be the 'exact' same thing as Rain of Fire or Thunderstorm? Yes, it damages the opposing (and also, your) creatures. So? Warden delays a creature (but also attacks it if somehow buffed), so this makes it the exact same as Squid?

And just as a sidenote: The more complex an idea is the less likely it will happen; this is a simple idea based on simple and already existing mechanics, just as I noted in the first post; but the effect is something that haven't been introduced before. And it also would balance out Water's weaknesses in many aspects of the game. I personally find boring the many freeze effects the Idea section produces, without any regard for balance or redundancy, or if it would help the element in any way. And that goes not only for the Water ideas.
As to reiterate, I'd liek to add that while this idea is something that would actually see play, be useful and change the game for the better, many so-called "unique" card ideas are just lacking in balance, depth, interest and if implemented can change the game for the worse. Take a look at the Crucible Archive, for instance: most of the cards there are just unfun, unbalanced and pretty useless if not damaging additions.

Playability and game balance trump originality any day. Of course, when you have playability, balance AND originality (i.e. Voodoo Doll), it's just an awesome concept.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline rickerd

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg396816#msg396816
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 04:35:33 pm »
Maybe you can let it deal 3 dammage underwater.
Srry if this was allready posted I didn't read all reply's ;).
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

• Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg457516#msg457516
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 11:43:28 am »
Well, thank you everyone who voted for Desiccation throughout the polls - it has finally reached the Armory. I'm really glad that so many people liked it.

Also, I would like to call out for a little help from all the art-wizards out there: Though I'm somewhat pleased with the current card art, it was just thrown together in an hour or so with the help of a few vectors and some basic manipulation. I'd really like to see a more Elements-ish look for this card, but my resources are too limited for even an average end-result, so if any of you have mood and/or time for the task, that'd be awesome. Personally, I'd like to keep the Nautilus shell, but even then, it's not necessary. I'm looking forward to see some quality drawings, hopefully :]

Many thanks again.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.

Offline Silver

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Silver is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg466426#msg466426
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 08:08:54 am »
Doing straight up damage is not really a water thing. Maybe -attack?

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg477552#msg477552
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 06:39:53 pm »
Glad to have helped, Tiko.

To anyone else, this does not mean requesting season is open again.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg477553#msg477553
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 06:53:05 pm »
Glad to have helped, Tiko.

Many thanks, vrt; glad you found the idea 'worthy'.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:42:08 am by Tiko »

Offline Selinea

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Selinea is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Lost and Dazed
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg483406#msg483406
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 03:15:19 am »
I voted for this card!

Just a question though. Since this card is better than thunderstorm, does this decrease air/water synergy?

Offline The_Tao

• Reputation Power: 1
  • The_Tao is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Desiccation | Desiccation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg483569#msg483569
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »
It actually increases the  :air to :water synargy. Now if this were to make it in, you could use your leftover  :air quanta for either skyblitz or toadfish abilities. Quite the Aggro-control deck.

Wonderful card Tiko

blarg: