*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg65803#msg65803
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2010, 10:12:56 am »
I really don't get why everybody is worked up over the human aspect. I have never heard Zanz explicitly say that he doesn't want humans in the game. If he doesn't want human or humanoid creatures in Elements, then I suppose that he would have to change Graviton Mercenary/Guard and all the nymphs to be less human. Last time I checked, the art for those is a girl with long hair, photoshopped to look like the element to which she belongs.
Graviton Mercenaries and Nymphs are clearly fantasy creatures and nothing in either of them says they are human. Crusader, who is basically a knight, is a historical human creature. Sure anything could be inside that armor, but when you see the image and read the name, I think everyone assumes it's a human.

If Crusader gets into the game, my question is: what's next? Are we going to have Clerics, Thiefs and Shop Keepers as well?

If Zanz starts introducing humans, it might change the whole "feel" of Elements. Currently we have only animals and fantasy creatures which makes Elements different from most of the fantasy games out there that all have the basic Dungeons & Dragons classes.

I personally think humans should get their own element. 'Other' is perfect for that because it implies how weak humans are compared to other elements.
Ouch. :( So much for supporting your fellow homo-sapiens, eh?

Then again, if this card was theoretically changed into an 'Other' card, wouldn't the ability cost, it's personal cost, and other effects also have to be accounted for? A human of Other is pretty difficult to imagine in this game, and it would be really bizarre to have one fighting alongside your flying Titan or a Phoenix...

On a side note, we just call him a 'ghost' or 'spirit' that could wear armor around it, but not be of a physical human existence, like some of WoW's creatures... >_>

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg65832#msg65832
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2010, 12:20:21 pm »
Graviton Mercenaries and Nymphs are clearly fantasy creatures and nothing in either of them says they are human. Crusader, who is basically a knight, is a historical human creature. Sure anything could be inside that armor, but when you see the image and read the name, I think everyone assumes it's a human.
I agree that nymphs are mythical creatures, physically resembling humans, but not at all human in nature. As for graviton mercenaries... I don't know any fantasy or mythical race called "Gravitons", so I don't think they are "clearly" fantasy creatures. Yes, of course they can be, but it's much less obvious than in nymphs case.
And 'mercenary' is also a job that in our world is performed by humans only, just as crusader, knight, archer and a lot of other 'jobs' that in fantasy can be performed by other races.
Not to mention the fact that (at least for me) Graviton Mercenaries look like space marines in a futuristic armor, and in all games I know space marines were mostly humans. Looking at Armagio (who resembles a mecha, a giant robot seen both in mangas and in science fiction) only strengthens my feel that Gravity seems the most human of all elements.

Of course it's only how I feel it, based on my experiences.

I simply feel that humans do not fit into Elements world, but concepts like 'knight', 'archer', 'crusader' etc. can easily fit as long as we make it clear these are not humans. And if humans are to appear in Elements, I'd either join them with Gravity, or I'd say some gravity art should be remade if they are to be 'neutral'.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline avidteen13

• Reputation Power: 4
  • avidteen13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • wah wuh wah wuh wahwuhwahwuwhah *explosion
Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg65896#msg65896
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2010, 03:22:03 pm »
If Crusader gets into the game, my question is: what's next? Are we going to have Clerics, Thiefs and Shop Keepers as well?
We have steal, which is a cloaked robber.  Which is a human.

Not sure on the whole humans vs. no humans front.  Just putting that up there. On one hand, I would really like to see this idea in the game, but I do see the viewpoint of no humans-it defeats the purpose of elements  We could change the name, but then it wouldn't fit the art or the idea behind it as well.

EDIT:We could set up a poll, and that might solve our problem.
Why is my avatar URL not recognized???

dekskose

Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg65946#msg65946
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2010, 05:15:07 pm »
how about naming it paladin and make him watch kinda like the dude on the steal card

Offline jmizzle7Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg66066#msg66066
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2010, 07:41:51 pm »
Quote from: Elements the Game
Light elementals dispense blessings and befriend angelic and righteous entities. Light elementals can exalt their creatures, heal them, or deal damage to death and darkness creatures.
There's my defense for Crusader's art and concept. Species aside, Crusader is a defender of light and fights for all that is holy (a "righteous entity"). As elementals, we have the power to Endow (a.k.a. "exalt our creature") this creature with elemental power from any weapon.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg66075#msg66075
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2010, 08:09:19 pm »
Quote from: Elements the Game
Light elementals dispense blessings and befriend angelic and righteous entities. Light elementals can exalt their creatures, heal them, or deal damage to death and darkness creatures.
There's my defense for Crusader's art and concept. Species aside, Crusader is a defender of light and fights for all that is holy (a "righteous entity"). As elementals, we have the power to Endow (a.k.a. "exalt our creature") this creature with elemental power from any weapon.
Historically crusaders were greedy knights who wanted to rob the middle east of riches and land. Church did not allow them to fight other Christians, so they went to fight Muslims, but all this righteous mission, defense of all that is holy etc. was simply a propaganda.

But history aside, the name fits fantasy settings, and it's all about making the right art to show that the crusader is some righteous entity, whateveritmaylooklike.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg66080#msg66080
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2010, 08:20:34 pm »
Changing it to Paladin might remove some real life historical feeling.

Arondight

Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg66336#msg66336
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2010, 03:20:37 pm »
I agree with "Paladin" being a better term. The name "Crusader" makes one think think of the Crusades. Well, if you already know about it, that is.

dekskose

Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg68597#msg68597
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2010, 01:42:46 pm »
YAY evryone likes my idea does this make me to thge king of the world but seraiously i dont think the name or the art are the importants thing and could be changed later on now back to the card its effect is great if u use it in combos wich make it usefull but not op in light mono it would be useless and couse of the high cost of the effect not good in rainbow^s i like this card  ^_°

Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg68773#msg68773
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2010, 08:26:54 pm »
I think a good way of controlling a fractal spam would be making the weapon copied enchanted and uncopyable. Unfortunately this would decrease the amount of these you would want in a deck, but since light currently has no permanent control anyway, it wouldnt make much of a difference to copy the opponents. Maybe making this card a rare would solve the limited amount since casual players would not have 6 of these anyway (At least not till the farms start coming)
This may also boost the use of light duo decks as the weapon would be protected from harm.

This is just a possible suggestion: Critism welcome and needed
Suggestion did not get critiqued, and im a noob and need my idea to be criticised, or else I'll stay a noob.

Offline avidteen13

• Reputation Power: 4
  • avidteen13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • wah wuh wah wuh wahwuhwahwuwhah *explosion
Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg68778#msg68778
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »
Well, it's certainly something to look into.  One one hand, it would restrict some of light's power, which is good b/c it certainly has a lot, and some cards are borderline op.  On the other, light already has a rare non-weapon, non-nymph card (miracle), and I'd like to see some more in other elements first.

I guess I'm leaning toward making it a rare, though.
Why is my avatar URL not recognized???

Offline jmizzle7Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Crusader | Elite Crusader https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5815.msg69008#msg69008
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2010, 06:46:54 am »
The fact that Fractal/Crusader is incredibly slow would make it a nearly unplayable deck, so I feel there is no real need to nerf this card just because it can be targeted by fractal.

anything
blarg: