*Author

the Sage

Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg139890#msg139890
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 03:47:19 pm »
Cool! Overdrive it is...
I disagree that +2/-2 would be better than +2/-1. This is less offensive and more buff than, say, rage potion.
It will only be of use against ruby dragons and fire spirits.

Using +2/-1 on armagio, flying titan, etc. will be very strong. Or on chimera for that matter!

I guess shatter (die) when frozen would be an interesting balance measure.
With momentum you'd still be immune to frost shield.

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg139899#msg139899
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 03:58:06 pm »
+2/-2 isn't better, just more difficult to balance.

-2 mixed in with lobo in one card means it's really good/useful as CC, but halves it's efficiency as a buff.
So I would have to lower it's cost because it's worse as a buff, but I would have to raise it's cost because of how much better it is as a CC card.
+2/-1 is balanced for now, and I guess I'll put up polls on what should happen from various effects.

Adrenaline, freeze, lobo being my big concerns atm.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg140319#msg140319
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 01:43:28 am »
I've noticed that other images have had half of then cut off as well.
What kind of site should I use?
I recommend using this site: http://imageplay.net/

Use the 'direct image link' (the very last option for your picture) to place inside the code. I've never had any of my images removed or otherwise deleted from that site, and I'd have to say it's pretty trustworthy. :)

[snip]

Adrenaline, freeze, lobo being my big concerns atm.
As for the effects, lobo should remove the effect (since it applies a special version of 'Momentum', similar to how Aflatoxin is an advanced form of infecting/poisoning a creature). Assuming it also acts like a poison in this sense (the trigger is based on the attack), then Adrenaline should then trigger the Acceleration | Overdrive each attack, turning it into a Burst option just in case you want to get the job done. Likewise, creatures still 'attack' and suffer from poisoning effects while frozen, so this buff should just trigger once (i.e. - work normally) when the creature is frozen.

...of course, that could get out of hand with several of the Gravity cards in question, like Colossal Dragon and Elite Armagio... ^^;;

• Legendary Member
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg140564#msg140564
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 02:28:13 pm »
hmmm
that makes sense.
besides, overdrive and adrenaline doesn't have that great a synergy and you would outgrow adrenaline's effect before too long I guess.
For freeze I'm not so sure yet, I will let the vote continue for that one. It's hard to accelerate when you're frozen solid right?
lobo make's sense.
I will change the images to imageplay.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg140572#msg140572
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 02:39:55 pm »
Well, a good way to look at it is by looking at other creatures with similar effects. Namely steam machine. What happens when steam machine is frozen with charges? I think the same should apply here.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg140596#msg140596
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:17 pm »
So, the effect should be delayed?

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg140604#msg140604
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 03:18:52 pm »
ya know, idk since Ive never used steam machine. I dont know what happens with that card, lol.
*goes to trainer and freezes his own steam machine*
No. steam machine still looses its charges while frozen, so creatures effected by this card should still have the increases and decreases applied each turn.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg140626#msg140626
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 03:47:32 pm »
so I guess the effect is some kind of flying accelerating chunk of ice?
and also steam machine may lose charges when frozen, but you can't use it's ability to gain more.

EDIT: I have chosen the most popular consequence of nothing.
I believe I have all the fine points of this card done, now to wait for voters >=O

EDIT: I have added in the artist's credit in the image cause I realized I've been forgetting to ><

EDIT: Small change in the wording of the card. Notes changed for clarification.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg249539#msg249539
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 12:35:15 am »
Time to bump this card up, since it is almost ready to make it into the real game.

Zanzarino has mentioned that he was planning two new :gravity cards for 1.26, one of which was this card.

I can't wait for the card to come out for real. Another great addition to :gravity element! :D We really needed this.

Some thoughts;

- Personally, the ability should be stackable. Used on creatures such as Armagio, Massive Dragon, or flying Titan, it's gonna take forever for them to grow up.
- Adrenaline would combo absolutely well, despite what others said. As far as I know, Adrenaline still grants 2 attacks even if the creature's attack power is 15. This means that accelerated adrenalined creature gains two attack power per turn, plus an extra attack that deals a small damage (2).

http://elementswiki.co.cc/ability/adrenaline/

Using it on Massive Dragon or Titan may seem a bit pointless, as just adrenaline allows them to deal total of 17 damage already. However, after only two turns, the attack power becomes higher than 17 and grows continously. Not a bad idea.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

YoYoBro

Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg250299#msg250299
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 05:58:09 pm »
Congratz to the creator of the card :) This will truly make a great addition to the game, with almost all gravity creatures benefitting from it! Not to count that it can also be used for soft CC!

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg250306#msg250306
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 06:04:41 pm »
Congratulations, EvaRia. This card is great, and :gravity gets its buff (and the dragon, GG :P)
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg250485#msg250485
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 09:11:29 pm »
Time to bump this card up, since it is almost ready to make it into the real game.

Zanzarino has mentioned that he was planning two new :gravity cards for 1.26, one of which was this card.

I can't wait for the card to come out for real. Another great addition to :gravity element! :D We really needed this.
See? I told you :P

Gratz and thank you for thinking of this amazing card that's probably going to be the best addition to Gravity element ever.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

anything
blarg: