*Author

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135542#msg135542
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 02:22:09 am »
I would make the upgraded one cost 3  :gravity as well, and make it do +2/-2 instead of +2/-1.

Since this is a card that will be used with high hp creeps anyway (basilisk blood, stone form gargoyle, flying titan, you name it), this will still be powerful. It's actually like acceleration, but FASTER! =D

Also, I'm not a great fan of the upgraded name (Overboost). I guess I'd like Overdrive better.
I do very much like the name Acceleration, since it matches very nicely with gravity and momentum in providing that real physics feel to the element (and to the science feel of the game in general).
Well, I was thinking that before as well, but the idea behind Overboost vs. Acceleration is that it's better, not faster.

Overboost was something I sort of came up on the fly, so I'm open to changes.

Thesaurusing Acceleration got me Celerity, and I like the sound even though the meaning isn't exactly the same...

Anyone have a single word for describing going faster than the amount of energy that you're using should allow?

I mean with out using words like perpetual motion (deosn't match), Momentum (duh), and entropy (duh)?
That would warrant the +2/-1 and still seem like moving fasterish?

Mantriel

Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135551#msg135551
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 02:49:46 am »
I really like this card, seems to be absolutely balanced.
Perhaps Overboost could be +2/-2 instead of +2/-1.

Offline Legit

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Laxydaxy drives a taxi
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FirePsuedo-Element Winner (Tech)
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135556#msg135556
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 02:54:07 am »
Super Acceleration! Jk but I think Overdrive is better than Overboost

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135566#msg135566
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 03:10:57 am »
Anyone have a single word for describing going faster than the amount of energy that you're using should allow?
Limit Break :P

Yeah, I think Overdrive would be good.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

• Legendary Member
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135567#msg135567
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 03:17:00 am »
I remembered why I didn't make it +2/-2, and not for the reason I stated above.

Frankly, it would be WAY MORE overpowered than +2/-1 (wierd, huh?)

I mean, it would like shut down every fire deck in the game is how OP it would be.

Target creature doesn't need to be your target creature.

Due to popular demand, I changed Overboost to Overdrive.

*Waits for curator and waits for opinions on freeze consequences*

Mantriel

Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135569#msg135569
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 03:22:20 am »
I remembered why I didn't make it +2/-2, and not for the reason I stated above.

Frankly, it would be WAY MORE overpowered than +2/-1 (wierd, huh?)

I mean, it would like shut down every fire deck in the game is how OP it would be.

Target creature doesn't need to be your target creature.

Due to popular demand, I changed Overboost to Overdrive.
Thats a valid point.

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135571#msg135571
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 03:25:45 am »
hmmm

Changing the Card name in the title doesn't change all the Re: Acceleration | Overboosts in the thread ><

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135773#msg135773
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 01:19:16 pm »
hmmm

Changing the Card name in the title doesn't change all the Re: Acceleration | Overboosts in the thread ><
When you modify the original post, you can change the topic name
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135882#msg135882
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 04:18:58 pm »
hmmm

When you modify the original post, you can change the topic name
I cannot, however, change the name of the reply of every single post in the topic.
I already changed the topic name.

*Finally in the Crucible*

No Curator Comment? 0.o

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg139156#msg139156
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 02:33:03 pm »
If you like this card, then go vote for it!  ;D
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5515.0.html
Most of you said you liked it, but since the curator hasn't posted anything, I guess this topic hasn't been bumped ><.

EDIT: Wait, I'm confused...
I'm on the list for voting on the gravity section of the crucible, but no Curator comment and the discussion thread is still in the main section?

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg139707#msg139707
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 08:23:42 am »
CURATOR COMMENT

My deepest apologies EvaRia - it appears that your non-upgraded card image is no longer functional.  :( Could you by chance upload the non-upped picture on a more 'steady' site before resubmitting your cards to the Crucible again?

Thanks again for your understanding.

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg139851#msg139851
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 02:40:45 pm »
I've noticed that other images have had half of then cut off as well.
What kind of site should I use?

anything
blarg: