*Author

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109598#msg109598
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 06:02:38 am »
Double Diamond Shield = 6 damage reduction. Hope + Mirror Shield means that you could effectively prevent all damage of any kind from hitting you. Procrastination (or Permafrost) + Thorn Carapace lets you stall/infect your opponent's creatures to death much more effectively. Wings + Gravity Shield stops almost every creature. Improved Fog + Dusk Mantle is just wrong.

actionjack

Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109600#msg109600
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 06:04:16 am »
2 Dusk Mantle....   making it... uh.. 25% chance to hit you? (my math is not very good....)

2 Diamond Shield  ... blocking off 6 attacks.

2 Ice shield would be pretty hard to get cross too. 

Arondight

Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109608#msg109608
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 06:15:56 am »
Imagining someone wearing two Aegis is sort of funny.. maybe just go for Dual Shield and Dual Buckler?

Dual shields is a very, very strong ability to have. Since the card cost is relatively affordable and low, why not add some penalties for wielding two shields? Perhaps halving your current creatures' and future creatures' attacks or so forth? That way it's not abusable in most decks and would encourage a more defensive stance on your part.

^ Dual Mantle = 75% miss chance (so you're right) if both are calculated together, but I bet both will be calculated as separated events.

My favorite combo would be Gravity Shield and Diamond Shield. Block the high and low creatures all together while having Protect Artifact capabilities? Too good to be true.

$$$man

Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109609#msg109609
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 06:17:10 am »
Double Diamond Shield = 6 damage reduction. Hope + Mirror Shield means that you could effectively prevent all damage of any kind from hitting you. Procrastination (or Permafrost) + Thorn Carapace lets you stall/infect your opponent's creatures to death much more effectively. Wings + Gravity Shield stops almost every creature. Improved Fog + Dusk Mantle is just wrong.
One of the more effective combos but isn't it easier to take a hope deck. Yah you have to have the creatures but thats a 3 card combo(Fractal+RoL+Hope for 9 Damage reduction while this is the same and for a lot of Quanta.

To effectively get the hope shield up and running you need to almost base your entire deck on it. Which in turn means you probably don't have the earth quanta. 

Once again a pain to set up considering you need about 6-8 Quanta in 3 elements plus still allows your opponent to do damage.

So youre paying 8 :earth quanta and 3 :air quanta and 5 :gravity quanta for 5 turns of immortality. Phase shield does it better.

This and the first combo are only the really scary ones because  :earth/:darkness already duos well and Fog can be played off the mark but it isn't much more terrible. Those 2 are already HAX.

$$$man

Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109613#msg109613
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 06:23:13 am »
One of the more effective combos but isn't it easier to take a hope deck. Yah you have to have the creatures but thats a 3 card combo(Fractal+RoL+Hope for 9 Damage reduction while this is the same and for a lot of Quanta.

To effectively get the hope shield up and running you need to almost base your entire deck on it. Which in turn means you probably don't have the earth quanta. 

Once again a pain to set up considering you need about 6-8 Quanta in 3 elements plus still allows your opponent to do damage.

So youre paying 8 :earth quanta and 3 :air quanta and 5 :gravity quanta for 5 turns of immortality. Phase shield does it better.

This and the first combo are only the really scary ones because  :earth/ :darkness already duos well and Fog can be played off the mark but it isn't much more terrible. Those 2 are already HAX.

Imagining someone wearing two Aegis is sort of funny.. maybe just go for Dual Shield and Dual Buckler?

Dual shields is a very, very strong ability to have. Since the card cost is relatively affordable and low, why not add some penalties for wielding two shields? Perhaps halving your current creatures' and future creatures' attacks or so forth? That way it's not abusable in most decks and would encourage a more defensive stance on your part.

^ Dual Mantle = 75% miss chance (so you're right) if both are calculated together, but I bet both will be calculated as separated events.

My favorite combo would be Gravity Shield and Diamond Shield. Block the high and low creatures all together while having Protect Artifact capabilities? Too good to be true.

I like the name suggestion.

How about just making it cost more in line with the current drainers.
Miracle=15/12 Fractal=9/8 so maybe something like 12/10 It is a very strong thing to use, but i don't see it that game breaking. Halving your creatures attack for me makes it borderline UP.

Dual mantle is very strong but like i said ^ it wouldn't be that much better than how HAX it already is.

Gravity+Diamond is a very good combo, But vulnerable to permanent Control. If u stick in enchants then it becomes a potential 5 card costly combo. I dont see it as that much of an amazing win condition.

actionjack

Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109614#msg109614
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 06:23:35 am »
If there are more ways in more element to "break" a shield  (beside steal, momentum, Deflagration), than could see it working. 

Arondight

Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109618#msg109618
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 06:27:51 am »
I see it as amazing, because Earth and Gravity has Pulverizer as well as Protect Artifact.  You don't have to go out of your way to incorporate such a combo.

$$$man

Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109622#msg109622
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 06:34:34 am »
I see it as amazing, because Earth and Gravity has Pulverizer as well as Protect Artifact.  You don't have to go out of your way to incorporate such a combo.
You may not have to incorporate much. but adding in 3 cards(potentially more or you risk bad draws.) with nice cost begs for more pillars which makes your deck bigger thus making it prone to bad draws. Pulvy+protect is already a nice combo but requires about 4 cards for proper draws, and on top of that if u add another 6 cards, you need lots of Quanta making your deck bigger then the average 30 cards for some damage. If you don't want damage you have to go deck out which requires even more cards. All in all it's a very costly and kind of ineffective as things like Shriekers, some dragons, Horned frogs, Recluses, lots of cards that are in a speed rainbow, Plus lava golems if they're grown properly can get through making you do all that work for nothing. And if you have Creature control, then you might as well have used more of that then the entire combo.

Arondight

Re: Dual Shield | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109628#msg109628
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 06:43:06 am »
Of course adding more cards is a risk, but that does not mean you have to add six copies of each to pull it off. Unless you're making an anti FG deck, sure, you need the full combo against those ruthless AIs. But as for PvP and so forth, not everyone has permanent control, and that is what makes the combo more and more viable for usage. You don't need to overfill on Protect Artifacts, maybe only carry two in a deck. All in all, it would amount to about 2 PAs, 2/3 Gravity Shields, and 2/3 Diamond Shields and you're pretty much set for a casual battle. You don't need much Gravity Shields, you could even just have a Gravity Mark! When you don't even draw the right shields, you could probably just do double Diamond Shields as you will have many Earth Towers to spare for the job. For the rest of the deck space, that goes to your preference on how you play.

Edit: If you want to argue about my opinion on what I see as amazing or not, feel free to do so. :) Arguing about how I like things is all fine and dandy.

$$$man

Re: Dual Shield | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109631#msg109631
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 06:48:36 am »
Of course adding more cards is a risk, but that does not mean you have to add six copies of each to pull it off. Unless you're making an anti FG deck, sure, you need the full combo against those ruthless AIs. But as for PvP and so forth, not everyone has permanent control, and that is what makes the combo more and more viable for usage. You don't need to overfill on Protect Artifacts, maybe only carry two in a deck. All in all, it would amount to about 2 PAs, 2/3 Gravity Shields, and 2/3 Diamond Shields and you're pretty much set for a casual battle. You don't need much Gravity Shields, you could even just have a Gravity Mark! When you don't even draw the right shields, you could probably just do double Diamond Shields as you will have many Earth Towers to spare for the job. For the rest of the deck space, that goes to your preference on how you play.
I only added 6 cards based on the combo, You didn't comment on the fact that a lot of creatures can get through the combo. In PvP lots of decks have perm control especially the ones who are made for killing gods. You never know how many towers you're gonna get and 24 :earth quanta is a hefty price, without your mark. The rest of the deck probably needs damage Chargers/Shriekers would be good but kind of Expensive. Plus the entire combo is canceled by one, not so rare in PvP card, Momentum. 

SeddyRocky

Re: Dual Shield | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109725#msg109725
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 01:57:46 pm »
standard Hope deck + mark of earth + this card + mirror shield = SMILEY FACE :D

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Dual Aegis | Dual Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9282.msg109749#msg109749
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 03:01:48 pm »
Double shield seem way too strong.

Would maybe see it as a Creature, Shield Barer, who can target your own shield and use it for 1-2 turns (before the shield is destroy)
I actually came up with a creature by this same name that "equipped" your shield or something. That was one of the alpha versions of what came to be my Crusader idea. I ditched the shield part because it just seemed too difficult to make it work. If anything, :light needs something to replace the worst card in the game, Solar Shield.

$$$man, I edited your triple post. Stop doing that.
Sorry so do you recommend any changes

Hmm... maybe even a spell that covert shield into a Permanent, but only for 1 or 2 turns. 

(still feel need some sort of time duration for double shielding)
I think the huge cost is good enough for double shielding. Besides what combo is possibly so good.
capraca then permafrost.

thorn poisons them then freeze stops them COLD :p

anything
blarg: