*Author

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg409786#msg409786
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 08:30:03 pm »
I'd totally use this in my FG deck.  This is awesome.  This would be stronger than Anubis, even if it were 5/8 and cost 8 just like Anubis.  (but don't do that; it makes thematic sense for a sphinx to have a lot of hp but crappy attack, since it can't move; I'm just offering a point of comparison)  The only reason to use Protect Artifact over this in a rainbow (and admittedly a very good reason) is that this is much slower, and it's usually in the early game you need PA, to keep the quicksands at bay, etc.  In the late game, this would be incredible; almost impossible to kill at 10hp and it would PA everything you have.

Dengeki

Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg433058#msg433058
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 12:05:06 am »
at first i didnt read this card correctly, said its crap time already has anubis.  lol. then when i joined forums on my own account and was voting i read it again. realizing the text. at the time i said one word to my friend "TaDa!!" and i reset my poll to include a vote for this creature. i realize its use is limited and  :earth  :time are not usually together. but it would be a nice card for me to use instead of my 3-6 pro-artifacts i run. and it would make a possible control card to use when facing FG/gold/platnums. since they like to mess with my stuff alot.
 :darkness

Offline XenocidiusTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg438071#msg438071
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 01:12:13 am »
Which creature in the morning goes on four legs, at mid-day on two, and in the evening upon three, and the more legs it has, the weaker it be?

Who cares, Sphinx has made it to the Armory! Thanks for all your votes.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg438169#msg438169
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:23 pm »
What strategies can you think with this card? I can make untargetable my shield and weapon, the enemy's sundial and hourglasses. Anything else? Enemy's UGs... very situational.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg438199#msg438199
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 03:04:19 pm »
What strategies can you think with this card? I can make untargetable my shield and weapon, the enemy's sundial and hourglasses. Anything else? Enemy's UGs... very situational.
Why would you make enemy's UGs untargeteable?
You can still activate them if you can't target them.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg438213#msg438213
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 04:10:11 pm »
Why would you make enemy's UGs untargeteable?
You can still activate them if you can't target them.
Ohh i thought untargetable was not the same as protected.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg444294#msg444294
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 01:33:22 am »
My worry is that PA is much, much more powerful than immortality in that there is no other way to destroy or affect an untargetable artifact.  Pandemonium, Fire Shield and the like still have some control against immaterial creatures but to my knowledge the same is not true for permanents.  PA is also weakened by its one-time usage policy, whereas the Sphinx has no such compunctions.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg456581#msg456581
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 12:03:38 pm »
Pandemonium has no effect on invulnerable creatures. In fact it's sometimes used alongside them as a type of combo. Only Fire Shield and Thorn Carapace can kill them, but what's more important is that a lot of shields can stop them.

A protected permanent can only be destroyed if it's a weapon and you have Ice Bolt+Shockwave. Often have we discussed EA on a stick in this community and decided against creating such a card. My opinion on that has not yet changed with card additions to the game; in fact we've mostly gotten stall buffs.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg456592#msg456592
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 01:16:39 pm »
I think the game ( or better  :time) needs a card called Sphinx. However, I´m sceptical about PA on a stick. Maybe make it similar to the warden. Protects permanent for 1 turn and is delayed.
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline rickerd

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg456598#msg456598
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 01:57:17 pm »
NOTES: [/color][/b]
Protect Artifact on a stick.
Sphinxes are mythical creatures said to guard temples.
Isn't it better if it could only protect one permanent
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

Sk1llsIll

Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg458958#msg458958
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 05:35:01 pm »
higher cost maybe 6 is too easy to reach 2nd turn

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Sphinx | Sphinx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29869.msg463329#msg463329
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 02:35:13 am »
Could someone please tell me how to help a card idea advance? Vote for it? I don't see that option...

Back on topic, I think some random seism deck can benefit too much from this. I mean, you can play this faster than GotP and is as durable as stone dragon. Within 3 or 4 turns all your opponents PC becomes worse than useless, wasting draws. PA couldn't do this because you couldn't play one every turn for almost free. It can also make an unstoppable chain of like 5 hourglasses because nothing will be able to stop them and each one will keep drawing more (and more)!
Hey there

anything
blarg: