*Author

Offline Wolfunit

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Wolfunit is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Kongregate Chat + Forums Moderator
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg367047#msg367047
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2011, 04:29:12 pm »
The card name is so lovely and so is the card in general and wolfunit approves it. :D
Hello, If you're a active player on Kongregate and in need of help you can leave a message on my profile which is qazzaq123. :D

Offline Toxx

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Toxx is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Boredd
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg378477#msg378477
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:53 pm »
Too strong

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg378765#msg378765
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2011, 10:33:49 pm »
Too strong
Why? Please provide your reasoning.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Toxx

• Boredd
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg378989#msg378989
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2011, 08:58:51 am »
Too strong
If you were to put mitosis on this card it would be insane especially combined with feral bond. I like the ability idea of this card reminds me of one of my favorite cards from another card game.

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg379150#msg379150
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2011, 06:12:21 pm »
I wish people would read threads before they post in them.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Toxx

• Boredd
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg379187#msg379187
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2011, 08:38:19 pm »
I wish people would read threads before they post in them.
Lol I've read the entire thread and my verdict is it's not OP. Still this card is scary strong with killa combinations  :)

Masterfurry

Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg381128#msg381128
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2011, 04:59:31 am »
hm, add an idea with the same name, diff ability, i guess i gotta change the name

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg1133131#msg1133131
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2014, 05:30:22 pm »
Okay, please pardon the necroing, but I feel there is relevance, having tried this in action in openEtG (granted meta is different). I can say that this definitely gives life a much needed card. Being able to field many creatures at once is indeed a major life saver when coupled with empathic bonds / feral bonds.
Being able to pop out more cards on entering play is also a very amusing counter to RT.

Too strong
If you were to put mitosis on this card it would be insane especially combined with feral bond. I like the ability idea of this card reminds me of one of my favorite cards from another card game.
The healing is indeed very powerful with feral bond. Having played it against various AI's I can say that the mito combo actually doesn't seem as strong as I first thought. Its potent, but the cost keeps it pretty balanced and in practice I've found the better strategy is to use mito on other creatures instead.
Yes, mito wolves can indeed give massive healing. However, doing so saturates your field with low attack creatures. In practice, the better use seems to be to use wolves to get early to mid game healing boosts then use mito on harder hitting creatures (upped frog / cockatrice or dragons).
With 6 wolves in a deck, you end up with 18 creatures. That seems to be more than enough.
Also, despite this potency, it is still quite vulnerable to mass CC. At 2 hps, there are a lot of counters that can be pretty effective
-Thunderstorm, firestorm, upped dryspell, pandamonium, pharaoh+scarabs, skull shield (although I'm a little iffy on the RNG interaction) and even fireshield.
In decks based around wolves, all of those tend to be pretty devestating.
Also, the low attack means that there are several shields that will stop their damage.

All in all, I think its a pretty well balanced card. Its very useful for burst creature spawn, but its relatively low attack and hps keep it from being OP. I think it would make a wonderful addition to life.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:34:41 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

anything
blarg: