*Author

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365479#msg365479
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2011, 04:17:23 pm »
this and fractal... WHOA
Pack an diamond shield--->no one will fractal this.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365490#msg365490
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2011, 04:46:59 pm »
this and fractal... WHOA
1) Fractal is highly inefficient with this creature (52/46 | 51/54 cost/benefit ratios)
2) Titanium Shield or Tower Shield is a more efficient/versatile block for this strategy
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365493#msg365493
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2011, 04:50:53 pm »
this and fractal... WHOA
1) Fractal is highly inefficient with this creature (52/46 | 51/54 cost/benefit ratios)
2) Titanium Shield or Tower Shield is a more efficient/versatile block for this strategy
I think upped Titanium Shield(diamond) is a "gg" shield because it blocks all the damage that could fractal+alpha wolf deal.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365499#msg365499
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2011, 05:14:08 pm »
Do people even read?  The whole Fractal+Alpha Wolf thing has been disproven mathematically, rhetorically, and even philosophically over the course of this thread.  Srsly ppl ST*U Alrdy!
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365502#msg365502
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2011, 05:17:51 pm »
this and fractal... WHOA
I think upped Titanium Shield(diamond) is a "gg" shield because it blocks all the damage that could fractal+alpha wolf deal.
1) Fractal is highly inefficient with this creature.
2) DR 2 lets a maximum of 8 damage through. That is not worth the additional resources to use Diamond.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365503#msg365503
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2011, 05:19:29 pm »
Do people even read?  The whole Fractal+Alpha Wolf thing has been disproven mathematically, rhetorically, and even philosophically over the course of this thread.  Srsly ppl ST*U Alrdy!
I just say this card is NOT OP.Although luci/hope should make this the new RoL.
War

Isei

Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365727#msg365727
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2011, 01:30:15 am »
I just say this card is NOT OP.Although luci/hope should make this the new RoL.
That seems unlikely.  It'll probably just replace deja vu in the false god counter or two that still use luciferinn, if even that.  This costs 5 quanta as opposed to two (one for playing, one for ability).

Offline storyteller

• Reputation Power: 16
  • storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • a very old soul
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365864#msg365864
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2011, 12:00:21 pm »
great food for otygh or scarabs. fodder for fire shield and graveyard. things to mutate. 3 cards in play per 1 in your deck, its a nice mechanic.

personally, and I have said this before, there should be a set of wolves with some different mechanics. they are a pack animal and I think different duties of the pack would be good. you could get cross elemental and have a  :time Desert Wolf or a  :darkness Night Wolf ; things like that...

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg365876#msg365876
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2011, 12:51:40 pm »
this and fractal... WHOA
1) Fractal is highly inefficient with this creature.
2) DR 2 lets a maximum of 8 damage through. That is not worth the additional resources to use Diamond.
If I use upped cards, I pack Diamond every time.  Diamond is better overall and if I stick it in a deck, I balance the quanta around its cost.

As far as fractal...there are worse decisions in the game.  With a 5 cost card, I'd run phase shields in the deck as you would with say fractal chargers.  Any fractal critter past say 3 cost needs phase shield to recoup speed losses while waiting for the on element quanta to build.  So its a given that it is less efficient to fractal these guys.  However, if I run a :life / :aether deck that already has wolf, phase shield, and bond you better believe I'll have ~2 copies of fractal in there.  Fractal allows for 2 things in this build.  1st, depending how quanta and gameplay work out, it can allow for a faster swarm than otherwise especially if you have 1 copy of wolf and clutch draw a fractal.  Secondly, due to their fragile nature, some wolves will ultimately die.  With fractal I have the ability to survive adversity and replinish my ranks that I would not otherwise.  A critical ability if pitted against say a fire deck.

Offline storyteller

• storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • a very old soul
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg366620#msg366620
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:08 pm »
well, fractal is really useful if you use it on an Elite Pack Wolf instead of an Alpha.

8*2==16/9 :aether == 1 quanta for 1.7 damage total since all you have to pay is the fractal.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg366633#msg366633
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2011, 06:22:43 pm »
well, fractal is really useful if you use it on an Elite Pack Wolf instead of an Alpha.

8*2==16/9 :aether == 1 quanta for 1.7 damage total since all you have to pay is the fractal.
You mean fractal Damselflys?

Offline storyteller

• a very old soul
Re: Alpha Wolf | Alpha Wolf https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4195.msg366640#msg366640
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2011, 06:36:29 pm »

You mean fractal Damselflys?
that could be interesting with some skyblitz and rapid dragons...

I just was noting that everyone was talking about fractal on the alpha, when you have a bunch of zero cast critters there. handy with bonds.

blarg: