*Author

Offline TheManuzTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Anointer | Greater Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1047443#msg1047443
« on: March 02, 2013, 06:58:34 pm »
NAME:
Anointer
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
5 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2|4
TEXT:
:death : Anoint
Target permanent is "tainted" and gives 2 poison when activated.
NAME:
Greater Anointer
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
5 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4|4
TEXT:
Target permanent is "tainted" and gives 2 poison when activated.

ART:
TheManuz
IDEA:
TheManuz
NOTES:
During the plague of Milan in 1630, some people were suspected of spreading the plague, by anointing their ointments on things people would come in contact: walls, doors and so on.

This figure was described in "I promessi sposi" (The Betrothed), the Manzoni Novel.

I find this superstition fascinating, and i think that a humanoid creature could take inspiration from it.

On the card: any permanent can be plagued, but only permanents with active abilities will poison their owner (everytime they are activated).
To be clear: if the opponent "touches" the permanent (click to activate its ability) it would be poisoned.

"Taint" counters can stack, so you can use the ability "Anoint" many times on the same permanent.

This card provides soft Permanent Control: your opponent can still use their permanent, but it will cost to him.

List of permanents that will trigger its effect (all the permanents with an activated ability):

• Unstable Gas | Unstable Gas (single use only)
  • Owl's Eye | Eagle's Eye
  • Pulverizer | Pulverizer
  • Catapult | Trebuchet
  • Trident | Poseidon
  • Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience (single use only)
  • Mindgate | Mindgate
  • Lobotomizer | Electrocutor
  • Electrum Hourglass | Golden Hourglass
  • Sundial | Sundial (it could disappear without being activated)
  • Eternity | Eternity
SERIES:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:34:40 pm by TheManuz »

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1047446#msg1047446
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 07:04:15 pm »
Can a card be plagued several times, and thus giving it's owner several posion counters? If not I think is pretty UP actually, since most decks doesn't use permanents with activated abilities that much.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1047449#msg1047449
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 07:13:00 pm »
I'd think it'd grant a passive, so not stackable?

• TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1047450#msg1047450
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 07:15:24 pm »
Can a card be plagued several times, and thus giving it's owner several posion counters? If not I think is pretty UP actually, since most decks doesn't use permanents with activated abilities that much.
Sure! It's soft CC, but it can be used as many time as you want/can.

I'd think it'd grant a passive, so not stackable?
You mean if this can target stacks or not? No, i think it shouldn't, it would target only single permanents.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:17:01 pm by TheManuz »

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1047456#msg1047456
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 07:23:48 pm »
For reference: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28336.0.html

I quite like this control for death.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1047509#msg1047509
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:08:59 pm »
For reference: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28336.0.html

I quite like this control for death.
You mean for the name of the ability?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1047972#msg1047972
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »
My Decks

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1048015#msg1048015
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 05:14:53 pm »
so, what if you plague a shield that blocks attacks? It is being "used" for every creature attacking it.
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1048357#msg1048357
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 10:51:56 am »
so, what if you plague a shield that blocks attacks? It is being "used" for every creature attacking it.
No, no, with the word "used" i mean everytime an activated ability is activated.
It would be useless with a shield, but it can be used with some weapons.

I listed all interactions in notes. I'm thinking about rewording the card. Maybe something like:
Target permanent is "plagued". It gives 1 poison when touched.
would be better?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:04:47 am by TheManuz »

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1048468#msg1048468
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 07:34:44 pm »
"Touched" is still open to interpretation, if it fits, just put "when it uses an ability". 
Balance wise, I feel this might be a tad UP, I'm not sure where I would use it in a deck, especially since it is only useful against certain perms.

EDIT: Nvm, forgot it was a creature, not a spell.  If stackable its probably fine.
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1048471#msg1048471
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks Anointer doesn't sound like :death ?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
Re: Anointer | Anointer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47368.msg1048476#msg1048476
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 07:51:47 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks Anointer doesn't sound like :death ?
Breath sounds like death, so yes, I agree with you :p

But I think it's fine here.
My Decks

anything
blarg: