*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Butter Pest https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44583.msg1013970#msg1013970
« on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:24 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6tv 6tv 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u8 6u8 6u8 6u8 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7qu 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t8 7tb 8pj

Very slow deck.
Notice that the SN most of the times can only power 2 Mitosis in one game. The second one is meant to be used on a Dragon together with SoR. That way BE can still be used.
In fact, in early game everything must be focused to lockdown. Shield and Dagger to slow enemy down and recover from initial damage. Mostly weak against rush decks and early CC.

I was thinking of replacing Towers with Pends and :life mark. Then changing dragons with Abominations --> Gives room for feral Bonds --> Better recovery and defense against already played creatures.

No SoR needed after lockdown.

Feedback is welcome as always :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Butter Pest https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44583.msg1013987#msg1013987
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:31:11 pm »
Why not do mito Obsidian Dragon's instead? You'll have plenty of  :darkness quanta from dem mito pests. In fact, you could probably take out the entropy part of this entirely, darkness mark, a few life pendulums, steals instead of BE, a few more SoR if you feel tight on quanta...
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Butter Pest https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44583.msg1014016#msg1014016
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:55:21 am »
Agreed with Elbirn, remove  :entropy. Could add eclipse, more  :life cards, pendulums, obsidian dragons. Steals (or SoFo  :P) instead of BE.
Hey there

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Butter Pest https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44583.msg1014124#msg1014124
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 03:17:37 pm »
Why not do mito Obsidian Dragon's instead? You'll have plenty of  :darkness quanta from dem mito pests. In fact, you could probably take out the entropy part of this entirely, darkness mark, a few life pendulums, steals instead of BE, a few more SoR if you feel tight on quanta...

Agreed with Elbirn, remove  :entropy. Could add eclipse, more  :life cards, pendulums, obsidian dragons. Steals (or SoFo  :P) instead of BE.

I agree. Obsidian is better. It was a duo in the beginning, didn't think of it while changing >.<
However, I want to make use of BE, therefore no :entropy will be removed ;)
I'll try out some other ideas I have :)

Thanks for the input to both of you :)

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Butter Pest https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44583.msg1014141#msg1014141
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »
I spent a little while tweaking this, and wound up with something radically different...And also not very effective.

6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u8 6u8 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7ta 7ta 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pn

Posting it for inspiration, I spose. Mostly I just don't want to feel like all of my hard work was a waste. xD
I figured the focus should be on the pests, since they're the denial aspect of this deck and the BE targets. If pests are the target, and you're going to have lots of them..Why not add in eclipse and make the pests the damage source?

Other experiments included using werewolves instead of dragons (dat  :entropy :darkness synergy) and adding feral bonds.

The problem as I see it as that you're making a trio, but the  :entropy card that you want to be a main focus isn't necessary. I do think BE is a really underrated card, but this isn't a case where it shines. First off, you can just use steals to accomplish the same objective. Or (if you feel like being awful) SoFo. Also, you only really need 2 at most for draw chance, even then I never played a second BE in any of my games. So the only needed  :entropy part is the BE..That's a lot of excess  :entropy quanta. But you can't just splash it in there with the mark, because it's too expensive, and the deck relies on pendulums, so it'd screw the whole thing. I suppose a turn 4 BE wouldn't be that bad considering this deck (from what I saw, and also including my variants) takes about 10 TTW anyway. But an efficient deck should be able to win in 7 or so.

*Rubs temples* I'm not entirely sure what the answer here is. 'Tis certainly a challenge.
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Re: Butter Pest https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44583.msg1014146#msg1014146
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 04:46:18 pm »
Very good argumentation. And also the deck works nicely. I changed it a little to my liking :)

Spoiler for Hidden:
6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u8 6u8 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7t5 7t5 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t8 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pn
Dragons because you have excess :darkness. Antimatter in case of bad draws, so you can stall and/or late game healing. I agree that BE are quite useless since Steal could do more or less the same job.

*Rubs temples* I'm not entirely sure what the answer here is. 'Tis certainly a challenge.

I'm gonna build a :light stall with RoL. BE will be used on them to destroy pillars + Antimatter on creatures already played. With no more quanta generator you can win with deckout. Or maybe adding some dragons. No shields or CC can harm you by then :D

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Butter Pest https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44583.msg1014147#msg1014147
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 04:51:40 pm »
RoL Denial?  I'd play that.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Butter Pest https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44583.msg1014263#msg1014263
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »
Devtosis is rather slow denial because it's constant and not bursty like Devtal or DisQuake. This means your opponent will be able to play early stuff. Since this means they can rush or get their CC out, you need an answer to that. The most obvious thing seems to be to have Quicksands since they fit perfectly into the deck and you have Snovas and can't use BE's very quickly. -2 BE, +2 Quicksands seems rational.
Quite the Dream Catcher-y deck.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

anything
blarg: