*Author

Offline NewbiecakeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe, SoR, SoG) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg483987#msg483987
« on: April 20, 2012, 01:17:40 am »
Deck Helper comment: 
This deck was posted before the 1.32 game update and as a result may work very differently now.  Use at your own risk.

The Ultimate: Bone-build
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 786 786 786 786 786 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 816 816 816 816 816 816 8pm

Mark of  :fire is optional if you feel that you don't need to use the abilties the Shard Golem has and you want the extra draws from SoBe instead; you can also consider replacing the Quantum Towers with Novas if you're not afraid of Black Holes, and you also can't claim that you're playing a Mono Other deck. XD

Spoiler for Options for 6 more Shards:
The following is listed in respective order of viability in my opinion. Any other Shards besides the following are unworthy additions because they are either unviable or quite unlikely to work.

Spoiler for Freedom (Air) (Recommended):
That occasional 50% Crit Damage is more than worth it.
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 786 786 786 786 786 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 816 816 816 816 816 816 8pm
Spoiler for Readiness (Time):
If you like Scarabs or Deja Vu to double the pain, this is for you.
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 786 786 786 786 786 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 816 816 816 816 816 816 8pm
Spoiler for Gratitude (Life):
If you like an equilibrium between rushing and stalling, try this.
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 786 786 786 786 786 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 816 816 816 816 816 816 8pm

Spoiler for Options for the last 2 cards:
-Purify: Counters SoSac decks and anything with Poison in it.
-Explosion: Get rid of nasty non-shield permanents like Eclipes in Mono-Darks, etc.
-Protect Artifact: In case the opponent plays PC to destroy your Shards of Freedom to slow down your Shard Golem's damage.
-Improved Fog: Haxx Shield OP.
-Thunderbolt/Rewind: Good CC.
-Precognition: Gets through the deck even faster.

I personally recommend 2 Improved Fogs.

77i 7dm 7gq 7n0 7q4 7qb 80a 8po

Intro:
The aim of this deck is to build yourself a Shard Golem that has Immortality, which allows you to use any addional Shards of Wisdom you draw to buff it and give it spell damage; Airborne which gives your Golem a chance to Critically Strike for 50% extra damage if you play any additional Shards of Freedom (or before you contruct the Golem). Shards of Bravery and a Mark of  :earth allows you to draw through your deck quickly and use the Golem's abilities.

This deck also kills Silver League quite efficiently. Immaterial Chimera vs. Mono Aethers are fun.

Strategies:
General strategy:
-Don't play the Shard of Integrity until you have at least 2 Shards of Wisdom, because with only 1 of it in your hand your Shard Golem won't have Immortality.

Spoiler for SoFr version:
-Don't play the Shard of Integrity until you have at least 1 Shard of Freedom, BUT if you have any additional Shards of Freedom you should play them before contructing the Shard Golem to give it a chance to Critically Strike and bypass Shields (this will prove to be important if the opponent plays a Reflective/Emerald Shield and your Golem has Spell Damage from Shard of Wisdom's buff).
Spoiler for SoR version:
-Don't play the Shard of Integrity until you have at least 2 Shards of Readiness, because with only 1 of it in your hand you will get a Shard Golem with Burrow (see ability table), same with anything less than 5 Shards of Integrity. You CAN, however, go for a  :fire or  :aether ability if the greatest amount of a kind of Shard in your hand is Shard of Bravery or Shard of Wisdom.
Spoiler for SoG version:
-You must change your Mark to  :life.
-If you think you'll be facing a rush deck, play all your SoGs in your starting hand before making a Immortal Golem with a  :fire or  :aether or  :earth ability to damage your opponent.
-If you think you will go against a slower deck, play your SoI to consume all the Shards you have in your hand for more damage; play any additional SoG as defence if you get them.
Spoiler for SoV version:
-If you have 1 SoV in your starting hand, you probably can't go for a Vampire Golem as it takes 3 SoV to make one. 1 SoV however, gives your Golem the passive ability Devourer.
-If you have 2 SoV in your starting hand, you can consider waiting no longer than one turn or use a SoBe to get more SoV. You need 3 SoV to make a Vampire Golem.
-If you have 3 SoV in your starting hand, just play the SoI already (don't forget the Immortality part with 2 SoW)!

Here is a list of abilities you can get from creating a Shard Golem and the stats it will have: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqwbWqlis8bLdERFekUyMmtFOFNFTXFNaThHWDVNT1E#gid=0

33 damage Thunderbolt OP!

Deju Vu Spell Damage Golem!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:10:46 am by willng3 »
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline burpcow

• Reputation Power: 5
  • burpcow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • the duck has struck
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg483988#msg483988
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:21:48 am »
Wow.  Looks great!  I wish I could get my hands on all those new shards.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:25:01 am by burpcow »

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: The Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg483991#msg483991
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 01:24:32 am »
I'd use shards of focus instead of the explosions.  If you don't want them to be part of the golem, just play them first.  I definitely like the idea, and I plan to try a deck like this when I can.  (only got 1 of each of the new ones, and 0 freedom so far)

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484013#msg484013
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 01:57:17 am »
i tested this deck a couple matches and all i can say is: "frightening, simply frightening"
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Belligerence

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Belligerence is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Are you certain I'm alright?
Re: The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484023#msg484023
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:21:43 am »
i tested this deck a couple matches and all i can say is: "frightening, simply frightening"

^ Pretty much this. Probably the scariest part is, that once you SoW the Golem, there's almost no way to stop it. It'll be forever before I can make it, but really cool idea.

• Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: The Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484064#msg484064
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 04:10:44 am »
I'd use shards of focus instead of the explosions.  If you don't want them to be part of the golem, just play them first.  I definitely like the idea, and I plan to try a deck like this when I can.  (only got 1 of each of the new ones, and 0 freedom so far)

Except most of the time you will only get 1 Quantum Tower to start with, and SoFo is too expensive to be played before SoI, and will delay you for a turn or two before you can make a Shard Golem. 5 of a kind of quanta source is just the right amount for 30 card decks if you really only need 1 of it to get your deck started (such as PSN Bows). SoW's buff and SoFr let's you get past Shields anyway.

Also, I added a list of cards to customize the 2 empty spots for additional non-Shard cards.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484068#msg484068
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 04:27:01 am »
Played with a bit. Able to crush AI3 very quickly and powerfully, but doesn't seem it can kill AI4 as easily. It's also very prone to handlocks if you're up against denial or can't draw that very crucial first QT.

• Pursuing.
Re: The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484073#msg484073
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 04:43:11 am »
Played with a bit. Able to crush AI3 very quickly and powerfully, but doesn't seem it can kill AI4 as easily. It's also very prone to handlocks if you're up against denial or can't draw that very crucial first QT.
So far I've never had a draw where my initial hand did not have a QT; 4 QT is too little and 6 is too much. It does have some trouble against 200 HP opponents as you can get outrushed, but with some luck you can get a our favourite Haxx Shield out in your initial hand or by topdecking via SoBe and they can still be doable.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:47:31 am by Newbiecake »

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484075#msg484075
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 04:45:41 am »
>:(
So far I've never had a draw where my initial hand did not have a QT; 4 QT is too little and 6 is too much. It does have small trouble against 200 HP opponents as you can get outrushed, but with some luck you can get a our favourite Haxx Shield out in your initial hand or by topdecking via SoBe and they can still be doable.
lol. I've only tested around less than 10 games, but I've already had 2-3 dead hands, and they didn't resolve themselves even after a few turns. (Sometimes even with 6 QTs, I must be really unlucky or something).

How would novas fit into this? You really only need that initial quanta burst. What about time mark, precogs and novas?

• Pursuing.
Re: The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe, SoR) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484347#msg484347
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 06:12:50 pm »

>:(
So far I've never had a draw where my initial hand did not have a QT; 4 QT is too little and 6 is too much. It does have small trouble against 200 HP opponents as you can get outrushed, but with some luck you can get a our favourite Haxx Shield out in your initial hand or by topdecking via SoBe and they can still be doable.
lol. I've only tested around less than 10 games, but I've already had 2-3 dead hands, and they didn't resolve themselves even after a few turns. (Sometimes even with 6 QTs, I must be really unlucky or something).

How would novas fit into this? You really only need that initial quanta burst. What about time mark, precogs and novas?
I considered Novas, but it is so prone to Black Holes and you can't play more than 2 if you get a lot of It in your initial hand to make for for SoBe draws. Time Mark is just a waste; SoBe already does the drawing well enough and it also contributes stats towards the Shard Golem, while Precogs don't. You can add them in your 2 optional slots though.

News:
-Changed Mark of Fire to Mark of Earth and made Mark of Fire the optional Mark instead.
-Added other options for replacing Shard of Freedom!
-A huge update to my existing strategies guide and new guides for the other Shard options!

Offline Belligerence

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Belligerence is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Are you certain I'm alright?
Re: The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe, SoR, SoG) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484484#msg484484
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 10:39:33 pm »
Small detail. In the OP, your SoG variant does not, in fact, have SoGs in it. Just a small thing.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: The Ultimate (Ft. SoI, SoW, SoFr, SoBe, SoR, SoG) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38943.msg484560#msg484560
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 12:39:04 am »
i recomend adding an option for SoV. i just tested it out and i got a 22|28 golem with vampire... gg

edit: dont cast SoW on it or it wont heal you

double edit: not so great actually, i just tested it again and i got a golem with voodoo... not so great
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:42:35 am by tyranim »
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

blarg: