*Author

Scaredgirl

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8819#msg8819
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

Post your Chriskang False God Challenge feedback and suggestions here.

Scaredgirl

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8820#msg8820
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

I really liked this idea where one trainer (or Realm) has 3 different Gods. That gave me an idea.

What if we had..

- 8 different Realms
- 3 Gods in each of them (total of 24 different Gods)
- each element would be a primary quantum source (Towers) twice.
- each element would be a secondary quantum source once (Mark) twice.
- each Realm would have elements that go well together
- each Realm would have a theme built around those 3 elements

Here's what I came up with:

Army of Darkness
Entropy
Darkness
Death

Magical Forest
Entropy
Life
Water

The Deep
Death
Water
Aether

The Core
Earth
Gravity
Fire

Another dimension
Time
Aether
Gravity

After Sunset
Earth
Time
Darkness

Flying City
Air
Light
Fire

Rainforest
Life
Light
Air

For example, Rainforest would have these 3 Gods:

Life/Light
Light/Air
Air/life

I did not pick these elements randomly. I tried to choose them in a way that you could use ALL the cards available. I'm pretty sure that with these Realms, only card you cannot use would be Trident which is not a big deal imo.

What do you think?

Evil Hamster

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8821#msg8821
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

That sounds interesting SG.

That might be a cool feature for the actual game also- you can choose a realm and get pitted against one of the three FG at random!

Too bad we can't save our decks in the trainer...

Scaredgirl

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8822#msg8822
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

That sounds interesting SG.

That might be a cool feature for the actual game also- you can choose a realm and get pitted against one of the three FG at random!

You could also use this kind of thing with a storyline. For example one storyline could be "Magical Forest" that had this story of you going to Magical Forest to do some quest. You would fight all kinds of different decks that use Entropy, Life and Water. All these matches would be loosely based on the story. In the end there would be a Boss or Hero Card or something.

Yep, it really sucks that we have to use the trainer to keep ourselves busy. Hopefully Zanz will "hire" Chriskang or someone else to help him with updating and such. If we got new cards or content once a month, people wouldn't get burned out so fast.

zakal

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8823#msg8823
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

I thought this event was really fun and challenging.  It was frustrating at some points, but in a good way.  It reminded me of the first time I attempted to play against the normal False Gods and thought, "No way is that even freaking possible," and the sense of accomplishment upon finally discovering it is, "freaking possible."  The extra bonuses and uber-items the gods were using were also fun.  Great job, and thanks, to Chriskang, Scaredgirl, and everyone else involved with setting this up.

Scaredgirl

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8824#msg8824
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

I thought this event was really fun and challenging.  It was frustrating at some points, but in a good way.  It reminded me of the first time I attempted to play against the normal False Gods and thought, "No way is that even freaking possible," and the sense of accomplishment upon finally discovering it is, "freaking possible."  The extra bonuses and uber-items the gods were using were also fun.  Great job, and thanks, to Chriskang, Scaredgirl, and everyone else involved with setting this up.
I only started a couple of threads. Chriskang did all the work.

Yes, it was great fun trying to figure out how to beat the Gods. Unfortunately after I took 6 x Shards of Gratitude, all the Gods suddenly became very easy.

Another big problem with this challenge (in my opinion) was the fact that people could take Quantum Towers. They just used the same boring deck everyone uses and grinded out a victory. The problem is that a rainbow deck can potentially beat any other deck out there, it's just a matter of luck of the draw. So all you need to do is just keep restarting the match until you get a perfect start.

Most fun I had was trying to come of with something that could beat Ivy and didn't have:
A) Shards of Gratitude
B) Quantum Towers

That was not as easy as you'd think. Those Dragons destroyed many ideas I had. Finally I came up with something that did beat Ivy which was pretty cool. In that other thread I challenged anyone to do the same. I'll do it again. Try to beat Ivy without Shard of Gratitude or Quantum Pillars. It's a good challenge.

chriskang

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8825#msg8825
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

I really liked this idea where one trainer (or Realm) has 3 different Gods.
Well, this was more for technical reasons than fully intended. As the URL suggests, my website is hosted on a little server space given by my ISP for free. With 9 different trainers to download, I feared to make it crash.

- 8 different Realms
When you say "realm", do you just mean instances of the standard trainer (like the one that currently has 31 FG in it) or "realms" like in the JFF challenge (with special effects and the like) ?
The first can be set up in less than 1 hour. The second needs a few weeks of work.

What? No "Earth, Wind & Fire" ? I'm sooooo disappointed  :P

A few days ago, when I asked "what starter decks do you want in the trainer", I got no replies. So I put some usual rainbow creatures everywhere and let players deal with that.
It's still possible now to have 12 fully different decks and to let the player choose one of them at the beginning of the game.
I know that it's still far from "saving your deck" but IMHO it's better than what we have now.
Just tell me what decks you want.

If we got new cards or content once a month, people wouldn't get burned out so fast.
Have you seen this (http://elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,1040.0.html)?
This is actually quite far from once a month :(

Yes, it was great fun trying to figure out how to beat the Gods. Unfortunately after I took 6 x Shards of Gratitude, all the Gods suddenly became very easy.
Already answered this here:
http://elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,1055.0/msg,10369.html

Delreich

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8826#msg8826
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

- 8 different Realms
- each element would be a primary quantum source (Towers) once.
- each element would be a secondary quantum source once (Mark) once.
That would have to be "at least once" or "twice" on the last two, or what mark would the other twelve gods have?

Life/Light
Air/Light
Light/Air
Air/Light twice and no Air/Life?

-------------------------

If it's at all possible, some way of speeding up card accumulation would be nice. Perhaps make the "more power" button set your current card collection to six of everything, or at least making upgraded cards available in the bazaar.

Also, keep all cards available in the non-challenge trainer. While some cards might need to be excluded from (some of) the challenges, it's nice to have them all available for testing out deck ideas and getting images of them.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8827#msg8827
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

Realms? Sounds interesting...

Underground Sea:
Water
Earth
Dark

Basically a super denial realm...
Dark/Earth denial deck
Earth/Water tsunami deck
Water/Dark... er... just think of something.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Scaredgirl

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8828#msg8828
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

I really liked this idea where one trainer (or Realm) has 3 different Gods.
Well, this was more for technical reasons than fully intended. As the URL suggests, my website is hosted on a little server space given by my ISP for free. With 9 different trainers to download, I feared to make it crash.

- 8 different Realms
When you say "realm", do you just mean instances of the standard trainer (like the one that currently has 31 FG in it) or "realms" like in the JFF challenge (with special effects and the like) ?
The first can be set up in less than 1 hour. The second needs a few weeks of work.

What? No "Earth, Wind & Fire" ? I'm sooooo disappointed  :P

A few days ago, when I asked "what starter decks do you want in the trainer", I got no replies. So I put some usual rainbow creatures everywhere and let players deal with that.
It's still possible now to have 12 fully different decks and to let the player choose one of them at the beginning of the game.
I know that it's still far from "saving your deck" but IMHO it's better than what we have now.
Just tell me what decks you want.

If we got new cards or content once a month, people wouldn't get burned out so fast.
Have you seen this (http://elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,1040.0.html)?
This is actually quite far from once a month :(
When I said "realm", I meant instances of the standard trainer. I have some server space with GoDaddy.com. We could use that if there was no better options.

As for starter decks.. this is what you should do imo:
- Each started deck would have 6 x of every card of that element (except pillars), so total of 60
- This way players should only have to buy Pillars
- If the element only has 8 or 9 cards, you could pack in some Pillars as well.

And I meant that IF we got updates once a month. Clearly that is not the case right now.

Scaredgirl

Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg8829#msg8829
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »

- 8 different Realms
- each element would be a primary quantum source (Towers) once.
- each element would be a secondary quantum source once (Mark) once.
That would have to be "at least once" or "twice" on the last two, or what mark would the other twelve gods have?

Life/Light
Air/Light
Light/Air
Air/Light twice and no Air/Life?

You are right about those two. Results of fast typing and/or slow brain activity.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Feedback & Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=932.msg9925#msg9925
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:17 pm »

Can we suggest new environmental effects, or have you decided on them already?

Some suggestions:

Realm of Earth
Indestructible Diamond Shield, and it blocks 5 damage instead. If this is overpowered, the defense can be reduced.
Quicksand will destroy 4 pillars instead.
Burrowing will not halve ATK points.
Protect Artifact now works on creatures. Is this possible?

Realm of Life
Indestructible Jade Staff, and it heals 10 HP per turn.
Empathic Bond will now heal TWO HP per creature.
All Growth will gain +4 instead of +2. If this is OP, then reduce it.
Improved Heal will heal for 20 HP. If OP, reduce it.

Realm of Fire
Indestructible Fahrenheit, and it deals 2 damage per 5 quanta. If this is OP, then change it to 3 damage per 10 quanta.
Indestructible Fire Buckler. Brutal enough already.
Rain of Fire will deal 5 damage to all creatures, and Fire Lance will deal 5 damage per 10 quanta.
Ablaze will gain +5 instead of +2.

Realm of Darkness
Indestructible Dusk Mantle, with 75% chance to evade attacks.
Indestructible Vampire Dagger, and it denies 10 quanta per turn instead of life; this effect is the same as Devourers. This shouldn't be too overpowered, since the Entropy Realm destroys 24 quanta per turn, and the Gravity Realm destroys all quanta above 5.
Pests will drain 2 quanta per turn.
Siphon Life will drain 3 HP per 10 Dark quanta.

Realm of Water
All freezing will last for 5 turns.
Indestructible Permafrost Shield, with 75% chance to freeze for 5 turns.
Ice Lance has 75% chance to freeze for 5 turns, and it deals 3 damage per 10 Water quanta.

Realm of Time
Reverse Time will kill the creature instead. This is achievable, right?
Indestructible Turtle Shield, will cause all creatures to be stuck in time bubble for 2 turns.
All Gods start with 3 indestructible Electrum Hourglasses, and they use random quanta instead of Time. This is also achievable, right?

Realm of Aether
Indestructible Electrocutor, but it can make other creatures Immortal instead. To prevent this from being OP, the ability can cost 3 Aether or more.
Phase Shield will last for 4 turns.
Phase Dragon has 1 HP, unblockable by Gravity Shield.
Maybe Twin Universe can cost a lot less.

Realm of Light
When using Miracle, it does not wipe out all Light quanta.
Blessing will give +6/+6. If this is OP, then the amount can be decreased.
Holy Flash will heal for 20, and it will be mainly used to heal the Gods. If OP, can be reduced.

Realm of Air
Indestructible Eagle's Eye, and it deals 5 damage instead.
Lightning Storm will deal 3 damage to all creatures.
Dive will TRIPLE attacks instead of double.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

anything
blarg: