*Author

Offline jmdtTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Double-time!: Inertial Healing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg87619#msg87619
« on: June 10, 2010, 03:53:50 pm »
This is my first deck post on the forum.  I've been tinkering with flying druidic staves and this is the most interesting deck I've came up with yep.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 744 744 745 745 745 745 745 74a 74a 74a 74a 7an 7an 7an 7an 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pl

Deck was massively overhauled so a first post overhaul will be forthcomming.

Let me know what ya'll think.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 74a 74a 74a 74a 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ad 7ad 7ad 7an 7an 7an 7an 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pl

The basic concept of the deck is to fly a druidic staff and then put adrenaline and momentum on it.  This makes a creature that does 12 damage regardless of shields and 20 healing per turn.  If all goes well you should win with an EM most of the time.  You must use the unupped staff for this to work correctly

I like momentumed staves for several reasons.  First with only 2 base attack, most shields completely shut down the attack of a flying staff.  20 healing per turn is great, but if you are not doing damage your opponent will eventually find a way arround it.  Secondly, Unstoppable puts sthe staffs attack at 3, the maximum for 4 attacks/healing and damage.

On earlier tests of this deck I never had enough damage, and always had tons of life quanta left over.  After reading ScaredGirls article on quantum index, I built a spreadsheet using the principles and using essence's method for accounting for towers.  As testing had proved, my QI was a low 2.45.  Using the spreadsheet and available life cards, I modified the pillar count and added 3 Jade dragons to give myself a QI of 5.  I will attest that with a QI of 5 I rarely have quanta issues, but that is a discussion for another thread.

The jade dragons are the brute force of the deck. They are strong attackers and very hard to kill.  If I know there is a lot of creature control out there, I will wait and plant the dragon first and let its high hp soak up damage to protect the staves.

Strengths:
-Staves heal 20 per turn when adrenalined.
-Dragons and staves both have high hp.
-Unstoppable lets you plow though shields.
-Adrenalined staves get out of freeze and time bubble quickly.

Weaknesses:
-Reverse time completely destroys an adrenalined staff.
-The deck is somewhat slow and combo oriented, so rush decks will sometimes put out more damage than you can counter.
-Poison destroys an adrenalined staff quickly.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:08:11 am by willng3 »

xKelevra

Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg87969#msg87969
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:06:12 pm »
This deck is BEAST. I love it.

Cancerplus

Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg88681#msg88681
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 06:19:41 pm »
Yeah this thing is super hard to kill when it gets started and hits HARD!

• Legendary Member
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg91867#msg91867
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 12:21:52 am »
Thanks xKelevra and Cancerplus.   Anyone else have any constructive (or destructive) criticism?

gamma1013

Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg92493#msg92493
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 05:00:43 pm »
A blue nymph could beat you since you couldn't destroy it or the unstable gas it makes. Other than that, your deck looks great!

Clathius

Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg92670#msg92670
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:57:22 pm »

I had the cards sitting around, so I built this and tested it live with the goal of being an AI3 EM deck.

When it works, it works pretty amazingly.   

My "complaint" is that you basically need a 3-card combo to set the staves up (Staff, Flying, Epinephrine) and under ideal conditions, a 4th card.  The problem with this particular combo is that you need all 3 of the key cards to get it working and that I kept getting wierd draws:  staff and epinephrine but no flying or epinephrine, flying and unstoppable but no staff.   Combine that with an extra or 2 and a dragon or 2 and I was discarding a lot.

Basically, I'd say:  works well but is heavily draw dependant.   

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg92792#msg92792
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 11:27:42 pm »
A blue nymph could beat you since you couldn't destroy it or the unstable gas it makes. Other than that, your deck looks great!

It can only do 20 damage per turn, and Drudic Staff will heal you for 20 per turn, making it so you regain health
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

gamma1013

Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg92828#msg92828
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 12:20:30 am »

It can only do 20 damage per turn, and Drudic Staff will heal you for 20 per turn, making it so you regain health
The strategy would be to hang on until you can generate 5 unstable gas cards. After that you can deal 100 damage in one turn. Blue nymphs are physically weak, but he can't harm them with that deck.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg92831#msg92831
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 12:22:34 am »

The strategy would be to hang on until you can generate 5 unstable gas cards. After that you can deal 100 damage in one turn. Blue nymphs are physically weak, but he can't harm them with that deck.
Good point, but that would take time, and this look pretty fast
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

gamma1013

Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg92850#msg92850
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 12:43:55 am »
It's fast if you get lucky. If you had a way to heal yourself (be it miracles, shards, vampires, etc.) you could hang on to win. Overall I think this deck has more strengths than weaknesses, but when the weaknesses are exploited it's no contest.

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg98570#msg98570
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 04:08:59 pm »
It's fast if you get lucky. If you had a way to heal yourself (be it miracles, shards, vampires, etc.) you could hang on to win. Overall I think this deck has more strengths than weaknesses, but when the weaknesses are exploited it's no contest.
Yeah I agree, this deck has a high win percentage in my testing, but when it loses its a complete epic fail. since there is no creature or perm control and relatively few creatures.

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: Unstoppable Flying Druidic Staves Flanked by Dragons https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7817.msg98574#msg98574
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 04:12:11 pm »
I had the cards sitting around, so I built this and tested it live with the goal of being an AI3 EM deck.

When it works, it works pretty amazingly.   

My "complaint" is that you basically need a 3-card combo to set the staves up (Staff, Flying, Epinephrine) and under ideal conditions, a 4th card.  The problem with this particular combo is that you need all 3 of the key cards to get it working and that I kept getting wierd draws:  staff and epinephrine but no flying or epinephrine, flying and unstoppable but no staff.   Combine that with an extra or 2 and a dragon or 2 and I was discarding a lot.

Basically, I'd say:  works well but is heavily draw dependant.
I have a second version of this deck that is less draw dependant.  I have a version where replaced the momentum with cockatrice that is much better as an AI 3 EM deck with the heavy use of reverse time, poison and weaker overall deck.  I'll post this later when I get to my deck code word document.

blarg: